Need not Want.

Comments

• Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Oh, I never think of the library! I have purchased a copy of the book. It wasn't too bad at £3.60... I might have a look-see at the library this weekend though.

i know, I always forget the library too, only went back this month as I joined a book club who meet in there and remembered how good it is. I love books but my shelves are groaning and it does seem like a waste of paper to buy ones I will only read once. Also discovered mine do e-book loans online and I've just borrowed an audio book as I like them for on the sunlounger on hols. Was however disappointed to discover DVD rentals are 2.60pw, if we borrowed a box set, assuming it takes at least 2weeks to watch, it would be cheaper to get a subscription to a streaming service or buy them cheap on fleabay. That said, plenty of books, plenty of knitting, radio to listen to and tv online we do not NEED to spend any money on dvds just yet
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not sure if this one is a need or a want, so must be more of a want. A new pair of cushioned trainers is on the agenda and I have decided to oblige but only after losing 12lbs. Rewarding myself for staying motivated.
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Not sure if this one is a need or a want, so must be more of a want. A new pair of cushioned trainers is on the agenda and I have decided to oblige but only after losing 12lbs. Rewarding myself for staying motivated.

I think that rewarding yourself for very definite hard work & achievement, is a fine plan.
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • Went to buy a new laptop after work today (need), and annoyingly the transaction was declined. My bank seems to think it's a fraudulent transaction, and has now blocked my card... :(

I was really gutted when I got home to find a red royal mail slip on the doormat for a missed package, after I paid an extra £1.50 for next day delivery! But the slip said 'it's in the meter box!', so I braved my arachnophobia to get my new shampoo out, and I'm so excited for showering tomorrow morning! Is it really sad that it's on a par with how excited I'd feel on Christmas Eve as a child?
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    The_Boss wrote: »

Could also be viewed as a need Boss, new shoes are a lot cheaper than new knees! Good luck with the weightloss, hope you manage it soon and enjoy those trainers
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    559780_541760665856843_648412246_n.jpg
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Love it 365! Got some more of my shizzle on fleabay this week. Was going to spend my gains on some wool at big discount but the store at my mums doesn't stock it so I've been prevented from spending. guess it will just have to go in my car insurance fund then!
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • I hear it's a free listing weekend this weekend (can't remember if anyone said it in this forum or not).

Time to list those items I want more than 99p for!
  • I must stop going near town at the weekends! I go because I need one or two things, or because I'm bored and want a nosey in the charity shops...

I had to pay for parking today (I usually walk), then I went a little nuts on yet more toiletries and some cookies from M&S. It's not anything I won't use at least, but just need to get out of this habit of buying things just while I'm there.
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    I must stop going near town at the weekends! I go because I need one or two things, or because I'm bored and want a nosey in the charity shops...

I had to pay for parking today (I usually walk), then I went a little nuts on yet more toiletries and some cookies from M&S. It's not anything I won't use at least, but just need to get out of this habit of buying things just while I'm there.

Its a dangerous game that mini! I hardly ever go to town as we can get most of what we need out of town but did pop in last week and struggled to behave. Did find a trip to the library satisfied my urge to come home with something in my hands though!
    GC Feb 0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills