Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 5:21PM
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    :rotfl:Birds Eye Inspirations Chicken with Creamy Black Peppercorn Sauce (2 per pack - 240g)£2.00 £1.40

Yeah, obviously a new item:rotfl:. M clearly didn't have this at all anywhere whatsoever at all two days before:rotfl::rotfl:. If you believe that... (I don't:D)!

So, my incompleteness again - I just didn't visit a 'right' store earlier in the week and it's the one that's not on msm, so didn't have it from there either.

:(:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

All put to rights now though:D.

(However I only visited three stores on Monday, so I wouldn't read too much into my missing it.)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    LEJC wrote: »
    No he hasn't he's the first to admit it went well wrong!!!!
    ...although he feels OK about the other 2

It will all work out in the end ;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Finish Powerball All in 1 Max (Case of 296 Tablets) RRP £80.00 now £27.96 @ Home Bargains
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/finish-powerball-1-max-case-296-tablets-rrp-80-00-now-27-96-home-bargains-2494378
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Ha ha. And I haven't even got a cat, thought I'd get some freebies for DD's but all I've ended up with is spam.... :rotfl:

I am sure the cat will eat the spam:p
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bubbs....umm...yep I'm not bad...everything seems a little unsettled at the moment but thats because we dont know which way things are going to pan out...

I just really want to get through the next 6 weeks or so and hopefully things can perhaps settle a bit more.
    I'm so hoping that DS will get a uni place...but I'm also dreading the empty nest....but then again I also dont want him to stay at home and drop the uni dream just because...

I would love to just curl up in a ball and hibernate...perhaps until the new year...
    There's a part of me that wont be sorry to see the back of this year...but its not as simple as a date changing will suddenly make everything right...but hey ho...we will move on x

I hope your son gets what he needs - I don't want to intrude but have you thought of getting him to email the uni before next week to explain any difficult circumstances? The universities get the results the weekend before, and will be making decisions in the few days before UCAS updates next Thursday.

Last year was a hideous year for us - deaths of close family and we also suffered a bad house fire which made our house uninhabitable for a while :(
    The fire was just before DS sat his A Levels, and although we did not apply for special dispensation to the exam boards, he did contact his first choice uni the week before the results. Although he got the results he needed in the end, from the reply that he got, I do think that they would have taken our circumstances into consideration if he had just missed the offer. Lots of love, apologies if I have spoken out of turn xx
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    buyitall wrote: »
    I was looking at the steak in Aldi yesterday - which one is it that people are recommending please?

Checked the champagne price in M&S, and yes, it is £32 instore :(

Not sure which one they were recommending, people just said the like Aldi steak.

I bought the rump steak with peppercorn sauce, its £2.99 for a fairly big piece, they had sirloin aswell for £3.09 hth.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thats one thing we do have is a money savvy son....he's already started the switching process between banks from his existing account to one that will give him a lump sum to join,and once that is established he will probably feed though a student one too....although student account offer nowhere near the perks they did years ago.

In fact I dont think you can collect a piggy bank from anyone nowadays.

He is will be annoyed about missing this one - he could have got a dragon money box if he was still 17 by opening this one :D

http://www.principality.co.uk/savings-accounts/childrens-savings-accounts/dylan-regular-saver-bond-issue-6
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Magsta wrote: »
    Afternoon Elite...........
    Popped out of lurking to see if you can help answer a question.

Off on last minute jollies soon and was up for booking the airport lounge. Since June the price has increased £6 for two of us and that's with 10% off.

So here is the question
    Can you drink duty free wine in the airport?

I know you can't on the plane and that you can't take opened bottles onto the flight but I was thinking a cheeky red and some homemade ham rolls and I'd be happy.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
    If it makes any difference I'm flying outside of the EU

Technically no, you are supposed to wait until you have left the country. Not sure what they would do if they caught you though.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 5:53PM
    I had another product too - one of the £3.97 RTC Just for Mens (I think they are now becoming unlikely to work on the APG as they have gone from more and more stores) on £2 store-specific reduction on an RTC shelf. So, any of the items on RTC in M could go onto cheaper still prices on a store-specific basis. (I have found this happening on several completely different items in stores before.) It may be worth checking your RTC shelf in M (always check it anyway!) in case some of the RTC items (nationwide ones) have gone to cheaper store-specific reduction there in your store.

In fact, I could just delete the Just for Mens from Avs M, given that 10% off £3.97 isn't going to beat £2. This is going to be hit and miss as to whether you'll find cheaper stock in M (if you have an M) but, for the reason this might be available, here and there in random stores (it's happened in at least one) and that it's looking less and less likely now on the APG - especially with A at £8.28:eek::eek::rotfl: - I'm just going to remove them on the basis that M is cheaper (on store-specific sticker reduction that the APG won't pick up).

I also had a store last week (a suspected price collection store:rotfl:) which had £4.52 probably incorrect SEL on them - hadn't marked it further down to the 'nationwide' RTC price - and by then I wasn't finding them in many other places, so it may be a no trace elsewhere and end up with the £4.52 from a single store with any trace. That store could of course have now marked them down late and they be £3.97 SEL there now:rotfl: and less likely to be elsewhere as the other stores had marked down before and have now largely cleared out. Anyway, £3.97 or not, I have the store-specific £2 RTC shelf reduction elsewhere now that betters that by quite a bit. I wouldn't rule out people finding them even a little bit cheaper than that on their M RTC shelf. It might be just a single unit of stock in your store. Don't expect to find the £1.75 Autostop product in the same store though:rotfl: - it's not impossible to happen and in mine that one was on the regular aisle shelf - but, for me, the £2 RTC shelf one and the £1.75 Autostop are in different stores from each other.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Sorry, got a bit sidetracked by the Olympics :D All working fine now, many thanks for your help :beer:

Oh good. I've been distracted by RL...!

Thanks for taking the trouble to let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure