Best wellyboot forward. Pips frugal edible garden adventures.

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hurrah to tiles being loved by all Mila!

That's darned inconvenient of your living room fireplace Stripes - it's getting above itself if you ask me. At least that's something Hound the Elder WON'T be doing when he comes home looking more like Shorn (!) the sheep...
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • The house is indeed groaning a bit all round. Nothing that some paint and gaffa tape might not sort :)

Cheery I hope you're well and Mila woo hoo about the tiles, EH that was a very bad yoke.............

Haircuts and half days today then I'm off garden for two and need to crack on with organising trades folks and getting a bit more organised.

DS has applied for a few temp jobs DH is almost finished his pesky assignment for his MSc

Me well dressing would be a good idea before Sir P goes for his haircut -- damp day here

No real plan for tea - DS made a lush left over roast dinner pie, all the joys of a roast in a pie.

Chicken stock needs draining and then making into soup - will do that later.

Must look in the fridge/freezer and fathom a plan.
    Have a good one
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • It's all go there Pippi; hope things get worked out soon and not too expensively!

Mila glad the tiles look as good as you imagined - or maybe even better!

We have two new scrawny ex-bat chooks here, Feathery and Beaky. They are taking a while to get used to the outside world.
  • Trog loving the names for the new chooks - it must be so strange for the poor things first off, mustn't it!

WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT FOOD?!!!!! Smolly & her sticky buns and now you and your roast chicken pie....serious food envy occurring now! :rotfl:

On the plus side I'm reasonably organised about food at the moment but still can't establish why the freezer never seems to get any emptier. Hmmm.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Pippi

Have just popped something in the post (R0yal Ma1l) to you - hope it makes you smile :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • EH it's because of the train of thought 'oh this is on sale, I'll get two...or three'. Freezers are nefarious appliances. :D They cunningly invite you to freeze leftovers, the abundance of the garden, sale items, leftover herbs, nuts and flours etc etc. Then the tricky devils hide your stuff! :rotfl::rotfl:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Trog loving the names for the new chooks - it must be so strange for the poor things first off, mustn't it!

Thanks - the girls named them!

They do look as though they can't get used to the feeling of grass under foot, they lift their feet and put them down very carefully. Perhaps it tickles! They do like eating the grass though, they got the hang of that right away!

Sympathising with the freezer problem - we are in the process of moving house so trying to empty ours, but it's still full of gooseberries, and that's in spite of gooseberry cake, lots of crumbles, jam, puddings and even lamb and gooseberry curry!
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2016 at 3:58PM
    Trog loving the names for the new chooks - it must be so strange for the poor things first off, mustn't it!

:j:j

WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT FOOD?!!!!! Smolly & her sticky buns and now you and your roast chicken pie....serious food envy occurring now! :rotfl:

On the plus side I'm reasonably organised about food at the moment but still can't establish why the freezer never seems to get any emptier. Hmmm.

erm you are on my thread and food is where it is at :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

my question would be why aren't we talking about more food fish finger sandwich for lunch and it was uber lush :P

:D

Greying :A oooh now that's lovely.

Mila exactly and Trog - oooooooh so exciting.

My two are waving back.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Yes. Very fair point, nicely made.

What was I thinking Lady Stripes of Snowdrop Manor?! :D:rotfl:

Mila is correct about freezers also - we have two and they're both devious little devils! :eek:
    she/her
  • How about the muddly lassie at the welllyboot cottage.

I dispatched over 1000 sleeping snowdrops this week - shudders.

Evil little slumbering snowies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts