Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Snap, what does fourp think of your hair?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    LEJC wrote: »
    I love the cashback CC mhoc....the only problem is we've already accumulated £58.17 this year...

OMG - with your nationwide card?
    I thought my spending was wanton but yours is far worse :D

I image yours includes some business spends?
    The final balances for holidays we have to pay via the debit card and also the multi car insurances payment - they surcharge otherwise - the two largest bills of the year but I don't think they would add that much to the cashback totals ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 August 2016 at 6:51PM
    Sorry Sarah, I meant to say , glad you got results and nothing sinister lets hope everything settles down for you x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mir! wrote: »
    Does anyone use Olio, the food sharing app? Think it's quite new and I couldn't find much near to me but I might offer my surplus courgettes and broad beans and see how it goes.....

http://olioex.com
    So spooky - there has just been a feature about Olio on our local news program!
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    OMG - with your nationwide card?
    I thought my spending was wanton but yours is far worse :D

I image yours includes some business spends?
    The final balances for holidays we have to pay via the debit card and also the multi car insurances payment - they surcharge otherwise - the two largest bills of the year but I don't think they would add that much to the cashback totals ...
    no we've got a barclaycard...amex and standard on the same bill...no business spend .....but all 3 of us have authorised user...DS only uses it for petrol ...i think the amex side of it pays a slightly higher cashback than the standard barclaycard but its not accepted as universally.

absolutely all spending goes on the cards and there are times that I feel like I dont carry cash....my motto is if it can be paid on card it will be to increase the cashback....and we always pay the balance off each month.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    So spooky - there has just been a feature about Olio on our local news program!

oh wow...did they interview Tessa?
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    I know it seems a lot, but they do last a lot longer. When I used to buy cheap ones, they would last a season, but you can easily get ten years out of a good pair if you so wished, and much better for your eyes than the really cheap ones.
    :cool: :D

I'll second this :) I never use to wear sunglasses until one year I suffered from snow blindness. Never again! I usually get good pair of polarisers. The pair that is missing a lens I would love to buy again but can't find them anywhere but they were bought in 2005. They were perfect for my face shape as I have lost some weight from my face in the last 9 months, my current pair of Oakleys are slightly different shape and don't work so well now :(

My camera also has an expensive circular polariser, bought one big enough so it can be used on all my lenses :eek::D
    buyitall wrote: »
    Morning all, lovely sunny morning here . I am meant to be going for a run, but think I will go for a long walk with OH instead.

Am finding it really difficult to motivate myself to run, if there are any runners on here with any tips, please let me know, as I have entered a half marathon in October and need some motivation!

Hope your Le Creuset sets are dispatched DM - what a bargain!

If I remember correctly you’re the one that has done Insanity or was it T25? So, clearly to put yourself through that you must love the buzz, that rush of adrenaline that it gives you :D

What reason did you have for signing up? That should be your motivation but you know the saying the hardest step for a runner is the first one out the front door :D:D I don’t know if you are a morning person but that can be the best time to go. It’s cool and light enough for a run, then you don’t have that looming thought all day of I still have a run to do, getting up an hour earlier is no hardship really and the exercise will set you up for the day :) This is what I do, literally jump out of bed and get going, I can’t think of a better way to start the day and rarely struggle for motivation. I'd love to be able to motivate someone in person, dragging them out the door at some ungodly hour, giving them a good kick up the backside as it were :D:D:D:D:cool:

There is an app called Zombies Run! Never used it myself but this thread suggests that it makes running fun.
    Its a running app! ZombiesRun! Running has never been so much fun! HBS recommended it to me a couple of months ago and I have never been so eager to get out for runs! Lots of Fun!

The Developers have also put together a separate "VirtualRace" which both myself and HBS have signed up for and we were just getting excited about our packs. I have mine and HBS will hopefully have hers waiting for her when she gets home.

You are too late for the virtual race but if you are looking to "spice-up" your runs a little, we both highly recommend it! I am no seasoned runner either but my husband is and he loves it too, so definitely suitable for all abilities.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5343930
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Brilliant!:T

Pensioner rules the roost with giant !!!! in his garden

350pj52.jpg

http://stv.tv/news/east-central/1363706-pensioner-rules-the-roost-with-giant-!!!!-in-his-garden/

Love a good bit of topiary! :D
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Mhoc you have mail :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    My day is done, I'm going to have a coffee and watch some tv :)

CBB eviction night again tonight, I sooooo hope that Bear goes but I have a feeling it won't be him :(

See you later X
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure