PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• I've had my Kenwood Chef a couple of years now. It took me a few months to get into using it regularly as I was so used to doing it all by hand, but I've since freecycled my breadmaker as I do it in the Kenwood and it's so much better. I also make icing in it, sometimes I mash the potatoes in it if I'm doing loads of things at once. I don't mix cakes in it as I have a lovely cream kMix I got silly cheap last year and so I use that. I also have the ice cream maker which is a nice attachment but thoroughly unneccessary. I also have a separate food processor now as it's easier for me and it was about the same price as the attachment.... my kitchen looks like a Kenwood showroom!

I'm off to make some potato rolls and some monkey bread in it now!
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • Haha ooooo how lucky you are! :) I have a kenwood processor that i have had for about 7 years, liquidizer is actually better than the one that cme with my chef, I love the bread i am able to make in my chef as i have never produced the same results by hand and i just know i wouldnt be able to, i am looking forward to trying the mashed potato in my chef, every labour saving minute will be relished haha mostly using my little kenwood processor today as making chicken curry so its a great help for the onions and garlic puree :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • I have a Kenwood Kmix. I love it and have never baked so much in all my life. It was expensive but I consider it justifiable as I use it so much. I just wish there were more recipe books out there for stand mixers as I am still learning the finer art of what to add, when, and at what speed, for how long!
  • Look on the internet, saves buying books that you really dont need or what i am going to do is just adapt the recipes i have got in the recipe book that came with my chef, recipes are a guideline and require our own flair haha thats what my nanna used to say and she was a FANTASTIC baker :)

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • I inherited my granny's 1960's Kenwood chef and love it, its not pretty but it makes great cakes and bread. :)
  • scaredy_cat
    scaredy_cat Posts: 7,758 Forumite
    qvc have been selling them for under £400 with lots of attachments - go through topcashback and get another 5% discount
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

• Rossy2692 wrote: »

I've been looking at this as I really really reeealllllly want a Kenwood but don't want to ask my OH for a Christmas present that costs hundreds (was originally looking at the Titanium ones but even on offer on Amazon they're almost £400).

Is the body of this one plastic or metal and does it seem robust enough? Also, I saw one demo'd on TV recently with the multimill grinder that attaches on the top - could you buy that separately and use is with this model do you know?

Love reading all the things you're making with it, but makes me want one even more!

I'm hoping there might be a good deal either on eBay tomorrow or Amazon Black Friday so might wait until then to decide
  • I bought a titanium 5 years ago and loved it but it was too big in my new house, so gave it to dd plus all the myriad accessories. For a year she used it to make bread and that was basically it, then her dh, now a house husband, discovered what it can really do and he LOVES it and I loved the sausages he made with it. I am so glad that they now appreciate the gift I gave them.

I could not do without a decent mixer, I tried for almost two years but I succumbed and bought myself the kmix in almond. It is fab and does all I need it to do, yesterday I used the fruit strainer and made a beautiful coulis and three days ago I used it to rasp a kg of parmesan. Tomorrow I will make cake

I have always had a chef, for 40 years non stop until a little while ago
  • Aww what a fab thread!!! I cant tell you enough how much i love my chef!! Kitchen life was bland before chef! haha yes you can get attachments including the mincer for this one, It is metal body and it moves a bit when making dough for bread but i dont mind this, especially for that price! I am not so bothered at the minute about attachments but am sure in time i will have a look. I felt a but uneasy mentioning that i would like a chef but then i thought about the time and money this will save and also my happiness in the kitchen which of course is.....PRICELESS!! :)

• Eeeeee :jI asked on Freecycle yesterday if anybody had one and someone replied straight away saying they'd collected one 18months ago from another user but hadn't got round to using it! Just picked it up - it's an A701A model that was apparently noisy but working. It needs a good clean before anything else and I'm looking for a manual online but first problem is I can't seem to get the arm to lift up. I'm pretty sure it's the silver button on the side that's meant to push in and release it but it's not budging - any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure