Any train promotion codes out there?

Comments

• hi there,

does anyone have promo codes to use from edi to lon king's x with GNER?

travelling early dec.

thanks
    A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
  • Hi all, I hope to travel from Liverpool to Penzance on 28th Dec, returning on 3rd Jan - and at the moment the cost for 2 is £228 return. Would anyone know of any promo codes I could use?

Thanks,
    Red
  • RedLady wrote:
    Hi all, I hope to travel from Liverpool to Penzance on 28th Dec, returning on 3rd Jan - and at the moment the cost for 2 is £228 return. Would anyone know of any promo codes I could use?

Thanks,
    Red

It is a bit early yet to gt the cheap advance purchase tickets. Not usually avaiolabke until about 2 months before journey date..
    Your problem is that your travel is over the Christmas Holiday period and everyone wil want cheap travel so you will need to jkeep checking the site to make sure that the tickets have not been released. Also, There are bound to be track works etc. Until Network Rail notify the Train Operating Companies (TOC) whether they are taking possession of sections of track the TOC's will not be able to release tickets as they will not be aware of whether they will be running services on certain routes. This caused major problems previously when Network Rail left everything untyil about two weeks before the holiday concerned (cannot recall whether was easter or last Christmas). The only thing that ahs chaged is the the big TOC's (inc Virgin and GNER) have altered the way they say advace tickets and they should dtill be avialable whenever they are released. previously the 14 and 21 day Advance Purchase tickets were lost due to networ Rail's tradiness in notifying.

Keeping looking and good luck.
  • 5OFFBIZ still works if you have a trainline business account - doesn't seem to be a minimum spend either
  • darude wrote:
    £5 off all business rail travel booked during September:

1) Register details on https://www.thetrainline.com/business
    2) Enter the promotional code 5OFFBIZ every time you book online (or quote when calling)

Note: You have to spend over £20 per booking and the offer ends 30th of September.

Hope this helps the business guys out there!

1) This has been extended to 31st Oct.
    2) There now seems to be no minimum spend.
    3) It doesn't have to be business travel. Well, technically you do, but anyone can do it as you need to open up a business account - easily done by making up a company's name and listing their HQ as your address.
    4) £5 is deducted from all of the ticket range - CDRs, Virgin Value, RailCards etc. - but not Tube inclusive tickets.
    sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
  • darude
    darude Posts: 184 Forumite
    above expired now! :(
  • Looking for codes for 6 Jan from Edinburgh to Newcaslte returning 8 Jan not far but we don't want to use cars. we want to party !!
  • Disco
    Disco Posts: 16 Forumite
    Codes for discounts on GNER for Sat 3rd or 10th December anyone

Newcastle - London Ret, same day?
    Titch :)
  • ed2712
    ed2712 Posts: 211 Forumite
    Hi - does anyone have any codes for cheaper train travel from Chester to London for this month please as cheapest I can see is with Virgin at £60. Thanks for reading.
  • ed2712
    ed2712 Posts: 211 Forumite
    Hi - does anyone have any codes for cheaper train travel from Chester to London for this month please as cheapest I can see is with Virgin at £60. Thanks for reading.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure