how much does tesco pay its staff?

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No-one has suggested you are lying, hc.
    'aswel' is not a word.
    Nor is 'im'.
    Do join some of the courses you speak of to improve your own grammar and spelling.
    You will be a happier poster for being more literate, articulate and numerate.
    You will also then be able to understand this:
    'Please be nice to all Moneysavers'.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• north_star wrote: »
    Well I work at an Extra store part time on days & the rate of pay I receive is £6.49 and I am a long way over 18

Hi

I am currently on a career break from Tesco, but was also paid £6.49 and that was a year ago. I didn't work weekends at all (only if I wanted to do overtime) When I was offered the job it was for Mon, Tues & Fri, so I just think it does depend on the individual stores as a lot of students want the weekend work.

HTH
  • bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Troll above reported
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • I am also on a career break from Tesco. I left in May, and I was earning about £6.30 an hour. It wasn't an Extra store, it was the next one down in size. I only worked weekends, and Sundays were paid at time and a half.

Like a lot of places, Tesco don't pay for your breaks. Working a 9-hour shift means you got 1.5 hours on break (we were always told to take 15 minutes, then an hour, and then another 15 minutes, but this breakdown may vary from store to store). There's was no extra premium for overtime - at least for anyone who joined after April 2000 or thereabouts. Long before my time anyway.
    £10 a day: March - August: £1653.54/£1840; September £92.86/£300
    NSD: April - August: 49 NSDs; September: 9/12
    101 in 1001 Project: 05/07/09 - 01/04/12 (8/101 completed)
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    A bit of a judgemental statement heylco
    Against the forum etquette rules
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    hayleyco wrote: »
    It should be noted that people in debt tend to be overweight and stupid, therefore a lower class of citizen who should not be helped.

It should also be noted that teenagers tend to hang around street corners drinking, taking drugs and stabbing people, therefore they should be locked up from the age of 13 until they are 28.
  • jpwhittle
    jpwhittle Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hayleyco wrote: »
    It should be noted that people in debt tend to be overweight and stupid, therefore a lower class of citizen who should not be helped.

Who the hell do you think you are you pompous twit!!!!!!!

for your information i'm in debt, and by no means fat, or stupid, and, in reply to a lower class (not that i think it matters) im probably actually in a higher class of society than you will ever be.
    Lets look at these FACTS that you speak so foundly of, debt, actually is owed by the higher end of society in alot of cases, you know, the people who think they have alot of money so can splash out on credit cards and stuff. Yes there are some poorer people out there with debt, but, what i do tend to find is that people like certain members of my family who live on state handouts are the ones with no debts!! why? because my aunts and my brother dont have to account for rent and bills. and no i am not sweeping everyone with one brush as i know everyone is different.
    so please before you come on this site and take it on yourself to be a tiresome pathetic troll please at least make sure you have your FACTS right!!!!
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    jpwhittle wrote: »
    Who the hell do you think you are you pompous twit!!!!!!!

That's exactly what I thought when I read it too, except I added the word f***ing between the words "the" and "hell".

Unusually for me, I went of to calm down before replying.

I fully agree with the rest of your post too. Anyone can get into debt, no matter what "class" other people may put them in. People who are regarded as being in a higher "class" are often deeper in debt than those in a "lower class".

People living in a £500,000 house are often £500,000 in debt, lower classes who can only borrow £80,000 to buy a house are often only £80,000 in debt.

But when both classes of people lose their jobs they end up in the same !!!!!!.
  • hayleyco wrote: »

Who the Hell do you think you are.
    You freakin moron.
    Go get a life
  • AWinner
    AWinner Posts: 42 Forumite
    gavvy wrote: »
    Do they still pay double time for a Sunday or have they phased this out now- I worked there prob 13 years ago or more and loved working a sunday on DT

This is still true for staff that have worked for them from that time but newer contracts reflect the current conditions from the time employment starts, so longer term employees may be on different terms than newer starters!

There are premium payments for night staff and for working on Bank Holidays.
    Sunday rates are 1.5 times normal rate.

10% discount after 6 months service, which for me is worth about £1000 pre tax extra income per year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure