Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    savvy_sal wrote: »
    Good afternoon.

The heat is getting to me.
    Locked myself out this morning.I knew i had a spare key hidden in my cellar which has outside access.
    I couldn't get the key tp work so ended up up a ladder with a walking stick through the little window to open the larger side one and climb through.

I couldn't understand why the key wouldn't work then I remembered I also had next doors hidden away as well:rotfl:

I also fell over down the garden a couple of days ago and grazed my elbow.

I'm convinced my brain is trying to work faster thanmy body wants to in the hot weather.

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound350/ls87554

Small glich here I think

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Cider_And_Alcopops/Thatchers_Gold_Somerset_Cider_8x440ml.html?TrackingCode=221.UouG8zA4BUyE3zjpDN7N6g

Oh Sal:eek: please be careful , hope you are resting now;)
    Hope your arm is ok?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 16 August 2016 at 6:26PM
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    Can I ask please has anyone bought the Uncle Bens today and had favourable results, TIA

Hi, I can confirm I have just seen favourable results elsewhere Nellie :)

The results I have seen were v Tesco.
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Evening Elite :j

Happy anniversary Snap and fourp, lovely necklace and lovely story about 4p's pants :rotfl:

Happy Birthday Emma:bdaycake:

Hope Oz is OK TM
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Hi, I can confirm I have just seen favourable results elsewhere Nellie :)

The results I have seen was v Tesco.
    Thank you izzey :T and thank you for you post this morning :A
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 August 2016 at 6:39PM
    Just to be aware that I found the Savers Strawberry cereal bar seemed to be in fewer Ms now although it is still around. It may just be the stores I chose:think: - however, all of them had the (slightly higher price) Chocolate version - which :(I now notice may work out more expensive as it's gone the other way and A is 64p on that. All Ms had Chocolate but not as many had both Chocolate and Strawberry - Strawberry may have disappeared from some due to its lower price in juxtaposition with the Chocolate. I still managed to find it though and it's online at the moment (because it's still in Leamington?:think:).

ASDA Smartprice Strawberry Flavoured Cranberry Muesli Bars (6x23g)

Store_2.15px.png
    70p 50.7p / 100g
    Store_8.15px.png
    62p

A's equivalent, or a previous incarnation of it, went down to around 41p a while ago, though, so it's taken me some time to start, reluctantly, including the cereal bar on the list.

I also had trouble finding Savers Con Carne tin* - indeed others, such as Irish Stew, are now also completely absent in several stores - which may have been a good thing as M has been a bit more expensive than A having put up its (M's) price to 60p some time ago, except :(I now notice it seems to have encouraged A to put up its price too - it was more than 10% cheaper but is now 59p:eek:. I think, sadly, Avs S.

Also no Ms I visited seemed to want to show me the price of SP equivalent Streaky Bacon now - despite the fact it is unchanged in price at £1.04! I eventually had it scanned at the fifth store, after being no trace at stores 3 and 4 - I didn't want to risk the product not being in store 6 and then be unable to get its price from anywhere:rotfl:.

I think SP Bran Flakes will have gone N/A against M now. M's pack size change seems to be complete:(.

SP Con Carne should be against T (M is a bit more expensive and seems to be OOS in several places - possibly the range of Savers tinned meat products is being discontinued: :(putting up the cost for people shopping in M who now have only the standard range own label products available at their higher cost).

Meanwhile, although some items have gone - or appearing to be going - I may find a contrary position at some point in the future! - others have come back recently, including Ravioli tin (so, hopefully, SP Ravioli tin will be optionally available against M these days as well as T).

*In fact I never found any stock yesterday anywhere. I found just one store with a price label - 60p and "temporarily OOS".
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    ILTS if you are reading, your turn for COS now :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Re the Quidco Clicksnap app, if I already have a Quidco account do I use the same log in for the app? Thanks

I think you have to as your QC account is your CS account (whereas CoS is on a separate system for the accounts, so you could register with the same email address and it is a separate account - useful when the same offer appears on both systems as you can then claim twice :D).

HTH

Anon
  • Happy anniversary Snap and fourp, I love that necklace and am still chuckling about ourp's trousers! He surely can't blame that on the new bowls!!!

Happy Birthday Emma:bdaycake:

We have had a lovely day here, not hot but just nice.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi emerald, thank you. I have just booked the train tickets for tomorrow :D

:j:D:p good
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Evening paw sniffers:D

Off for a catch up:D