In the nick of time

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks ETE, it was a lovely gesture.. it would be fabulous if we could have a longer stay more often :) A lovely older UK couple arrived this evening. they seem very well informed on our area.. thankfully :D. I worry because as the crow flies we are sooo close to the city, but as there is a fairly big river in the way it takes at least half hour to get there and certainly not by foot ;);).

OH work has cancelled him again tonight.. thankfully the only worry is the impact on debt and mortgage busting. French guest arriving for 2 months next week :D:D:D thankfully @irbnb has taken away short term worries. The imposed targets thankfully are my own, however I do not want to work more than 9 years.

That said... this month we have a few things coming up... 15th race day we have a day out paid for already :D
    OH xmas pressie.. an famous old rocker band playing a footy ground locally. so would imagine a spend of £60 including taxi
    At then at the end of the month our DD1 has decided to get her DD christened... I would love to say baptised as I am a lapsed catholic...but this is socially driven.
    I believe faith should come from within and takes many forms.. I would love to be more spiritual, however I have been so busy in my work, and my work requires compassion and kindness at the forefront. I don't chastise myself for changing, as I'm older I realise some change is good. but so is remembering traditions ....
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Hey MFD, amazing news on the Airbnb, especially the recommendation! Bad news about hubby's job but glad it balances out overall, and so nice to have a long term stay coming up!

I love Chester, such a beautiful city!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    Hope Hubby's hours get sorted and they stop cancelling shifts. I love Chester too!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Thank you jodles and Cath, Chester is lovely and not too far from us... it always seems special :D, makes us happy or soothes us :)

We don't have a lot of days off together just now.. I think I may have to start requesting them, although absence does make us appreciate each other more ;) and spend less
    I seem to be developing a soft touch and have been looking forward to our GD visits. shes's a little gem at the mo... learning so much ... cough... too much.. making her re learn certain things ;)

money wise i'm waiting for switch from FD (I will instigate Tuesday) sorted TSB an savers account with activation code today. need to get the ball rolling,

have just spent the last week being humbled by work... and by MSE diaries... I know I work with strong people generally, but here in this bigger forum .. you are amazing. . the strength that is shown through trauma, illness and adversity is astounding. (there for the grace of god go I ) xx
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Just popping by. Hope you get some time off this weekend x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    No such luck I'm afraid, lazy morning followed by late shift.

My next days of are Thursday and Friday.. I would LOVE to work a 4 day week.. but this pesky house and pension needs FT at the mo. A few colleagues and I have been asking if we can work 3 long days a week. Our boss will give it a trial in the future however the next roster is complete to July!!

I'm not booking any OT until after the summer to give myself a rest :D

House is our own again for a few days. French intern arrives Thursday for 2 months. :EEK
    looking forward to the money paying the CC down. The bigger amounts will be motivating to clear it :D

DD2 has been looking at accommodation costs for uni, She has asked for the higher amount loan which she thought was £5200, it only seems £4200.(ish) this barely covers her accommodation it she gets the cheapest room. She will have about £5000 in savings to go but she has no plans to get a job!! I've told her about me saving the CB this year to reach the 5k, I'm still giving her £40 pocket money. I have told her this will stop after her exams..... watch this space ;)

It does frighten me that she will be starting her adult life with around £42000 in debt :( But I gather that is the new norm :(
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    MFD we must be closer than I realised as it's one of our closest big cities, such a beautiful old city! People are amazingly resiliant it is always amazing to see what adversity people can get themseles through!

Fan news of the FD! And savings!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Did wonder once or twice, you sound more rural though, maybe I'm further west :D.

I'm hoping all things go smoothly this month. Will know about financials tomorrow,

DD1 (again ) has a huge bill that she doesn't know what for. It's a final demand for £886... next stop CCj and baliffs :(:( I can't let that happen . Right now she hasn't contacted me or asked for anything. but she hasn't got any money. One client in the salon last week complained her hair wasn't right and changed her mind. my DD1 had to repeat it explain again everything and having perfect styling twice.(hombre).. she was really upset and had to give her it for free.... she will get less salary because of that.

She sulking with me because I have said she must know what it's for... the company opens tomorrow to find out. The bank of mum again appears to be ready for business :(
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 4 May 2016 at 11:56AM
    mmm,
    what to write.... just spent 2 hours cleaning DD2's pit of a bedroom. The landing carpet was suffering a bashing when she walked the muck out!!!!!!! Shame laminate floors do not trap dust :) swapped her (falling apart ) cheap argos wardrobe for an extra one in the Bnb room, so all in all a good job done. I've told her she cannot complain until she leaves for uni...

Next door neighbours are chopping it up for fire wood. They moved in about 18 months ago. They've invited us for a "supper" in a couple of weeks, I'll bring some home brew sauvignon blanc :D It was nice seeing neighbour and OH working together.. wardrobe soon made kindling.

DD1's fine mentioned earlier (£886) was from last July, she got wheeled clamped for non payment of road tax. (silly girl) She paid the road tax in full, paid a fine, and paid for wheel clamp to be removed... around £300...
    So she'd changed address prior to this and hadn't updated records until this incident. Since then reminders of producing document requirement have been going to old address :( she's been taken to court in her absence in November and March... How can they do this???? anyhow she now has a court date for June to plead her ignorance of further demand :( She's not hard faced, or stealing, she's paid her way and been landed with this. (fair enough she didn't keep her records up to date but this is just cruel)

All mortgage and CC and loan payment done. Next month we aim to be in the £175's :D long stay guest arrives tomorrow, so CC will be down £1k too. House clean in progress. Work later, soooo looking forward to day off tomorrow. Must visit mum, as would have been my dad's 86th birthday today. His 10th since he died.... ahhhh the world keeps turning, and our little GD has played beautifully this morning in the garden :)

Been with T$B for a week..... £1.86 interest on my £2k EF for one week :D I'll only need 8 weeks to beat h@lifax annual rate :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    wooop
    French girl is lovely.. mind you she baulked at a 20 minute walk... mmmmm I've done 9 miles today. She's normal.. no more minding my P's and Q's :D

She is working were my daughters friends work (in the cinema)

time will tell... I hope my rose coloured specs stay on :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback