Lloyds rate dropping

Comments

• talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    well I suppose it couldn't last forever.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    We have had a good run but never the less disappointing.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    The squeeze on free banking continues as banks desperately seek ways of making money. Low interest rates aren't just impacting savers.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    That's a pain as I've literally just opened it. I'll quickly open a monthly saver to lock in the 3% on that, unless that's changing. At least I've got the cinema tickets coming.
  • How likely is it for BOS to follow suit on their 3% accounts and Halifax on their reward account since they're now the same bank (sorta)?
  • Unsurprising but disappointing, thanks for the heads up OP. Had a good run there at least. More P2P beckons, as well as learning about the stockmarket.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Nothing mentioned about BOS, but Halifax changes coming apparently http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2016/10/club-lloyds-to-slash-interest-rate-from-4-to-2?_ga=1.85254878.696116361.1412375433

Odd, as I'd think the BOS accounts are costing them more money than the Halifax Reward that has been restricted to 1 for some time.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Unsurprising but disappointing, thanks for the heads up OP. Had a good run there at least. More P2P beckons, as well as learning about the stockmarket.

Totally different ball games. The question being how much can you afford to lose? Chasing yield isn't a strategy. There's always been high yield available. Trouble is now at current price levels. Risk factors are being totally ignored in chasing a dream with no real premium for what's at stake.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    Nothing mentioned about BOS, but Halifax changes coming apparently http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2016/10/club-lloyds-to-slash-interest-rate-from-4-to-2?_ga=1.85254878.696116361.1412375433

Odd, as I'd think the BOS accounts are costing them more money than the Halifax Reward that has been restricted to 1 for some time.

The BOS Vantage has only recently changed to requiring 2 direct debits. Banks tend to not like making changes in close succession.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Totally different ball games. The question being how much can you afford to lose? Chasing yield isn't a strategy. There's always been high yield available. Trouble is now at current price levels. Risk factors are being totally ignored in chasing a dream with no real premium for what's at stake.
    Great for those of us already holding defensive assets though, as the price bubbles up to silly levels, which in turn helps boost the assets we bought for more speculative growth or income.

It's like a Russian Roulette version of pass the parcel, everyone wants to get to have a go holding it for a while, but make sure you're not left holding the bomb when it goes off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure