Fri and bristow and sutor

Hello,
I was visited by bailiffs from bristow and sutor and I stupidly let them in and they took a written goods thing and agreed to a payment plan , my finances messed up and I went with stepchange who put me on a payment plan as I have other debts too- but now my wages ahave reduced and stepchange are working with me to do a DRO, but what happens with regards to my debt with bristow and sutor? Will they take my items? ( not that there was much to take- it mostly involved a microwave and my tv which is broken anyway) will they still chase me for the debt? ( the debt is council rent arrears from a previous address , dunno if that makes a difference ?)
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Please try not to panic.

The likelihood of B&S forcing entry to your property for such items as you have described is almost nil. The debt with Bristow and Sutor will be included within your DRO, although it will be listed as the council rather than the bailiff. For peace of mind then look to get closure of the DRO process as soon as possible, but I am surprised the debt was not dealt with, either formally or informally, when you first approached SC for help. One of the golden rules of sorting debts out is that you should sort all debts out at the same time, not doing so invariably leads to further problems down the line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure