Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    I've sorted out the next bday present, turns out with the body shops sale items, (free bottle of wine - win in raffle... posh one from local winery), I've been able to cover her Xmas as well xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Apologies for completely digressing.... but method in my madness..

Ppi

Those words which seem to be branded around everywhere....

Back in 2012 a claims company acted on my behalf, got told no.... never bothered...

Then this week had a letter from the bank... they've overturned the decision, although there was a number on the letter - any queries... I searched the branch number - gave me a call centre number (same one as letter), it is not a scam it's true....

Task for the week, contact other cards etc xxx
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mum2one wrote: »
    I've sorted out the next bday present, turns out with the body shops sale items, (free bottle of wine - win in raffle... posh one from local winery), I've been able to cover her Xmas as well xx

That's a great result.
  • mum2one wrote: »
    Apologies for completely digressing.... but method in my madness..

Ppi

Those words which seem to be branded around everywhere....

Back in 2012 a claims company acted on my behalf, got told no.... never bothered...

Then this week had a letter from the bank... they've overturned the decision, although there was a number on the letter - any queries... I searched the branch number - gave me a call centre number (same one as letter), it is not a scam it's true....

Task for the week, contact other cards etc xxx

Great news. Hope you get something decent out of it. I got a payment in October last year and as I'm off on maternity and not got much free money floating around it's been amazing. Paid off the last bits I owed (now totally debt free), put some into savings and bought some bargain bits to put away from Zoe and for other presents in the future. Very much needed. And also paid for our holiday for the year. Didn't think we would be getting one. All a very welcome surprise.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    I had a small PPI payout just before Christmas 2015, didn't expect anything as I was certain that I had never had PPI but it just shows. Couldn't have asked for better timing:T
    Sent off the first of my birthday parcels to my brother today.
    chanie I took your advice. My niece's travel wallet was sent off today amongst the presents for her to open early and be able to use:)
    One more parcel to go and that's the main March birthday presents out of the way. Birthdays slow down for me after that I'm relieved to say. I have my stepfathers birthday next month but all presents bought before Christmas.:T
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Happy_Kitties
    Second parcel posted today so I am a very happy kitties. I definitely do not like March for birthdays
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Don't forget Mother's Day on Sunday.... then bargains on Monday xx
  • Happy_Kitties
    Bought my mum some of her favourite chocs after Christmas, still with a brilliant best before date on them but got them for half price I'm amazed I haven't eaten them!
    Checked out her favourite perfume, the cheapest place is B@@ts, have vouchers from the RM surveys I can use.
    So it's just trecking thru the garden centre on Sat looking for a Rosebush that she would like with orange flowers.......and then extracting half the money for the presents from my brother as we always go joint on occasions like mothers and father's day.
  • mum2one - love the way your mind works here, will defo be picking up some Mothers day bargains in the sale for next year!

Happy Kitties - that's great. I was gonna order some marzipan fruits from a website as they were so cheap but I was worried because I couldn't see the best before date on them so ended up just leaving it. Love surveys, I just cashed in some vouchers for Amazon this morning. Started my wish list on there to keep an eye on the prices aswell. Have my eye on a gift for DH Christmas so will order that when the price is right.

Dxxx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Bought my mum some of her favourite chocs after Christmas, still with a brilliant best before date on them but got them for half price I'm amazed I haven't eaten them!
    Checked out her favourite perfume, the cheapest place is B@@ts, have vouchers from the RM surveys I can use.
    So it's just trecking thru the garden centre on Sat looking for a Rosebush that she would like with orange flowers.......and then extracting half the money for the presents from my brother as we always go joint on occasions like mothers and father's day.

Ditto with the chicks, we got big box of black magic for £3 after Xmas as well.

Have to say there left untouched.... I hate dark choc xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family