Bonfires and fireworks - NST November challenge

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 3 November 2017 at 11:20PM
    [QUOTE=thriftylass;73357607
    BTW having subcategories for savings isn't neurotic. I have 5 online accounts-xmas/car/house, child one, child 2, kitchen fund, emergency fund, ISA. It's quite normal, no :D[/QUOTE]].[/QUOTE]

DS4 - How much money is in my bank account?

Me - which bank account?

DS4 - like how many do I have Mum?

Me - erm, 3 or 4, I forget

DS4 - Are you some kind of crime lord??

:rotfl:

Nope, nothing wrong with multiple accounts 'round 'ere either.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les

Value for Money - You all might be able to help with this.... Is there a way of buying giftcards cheaper than their value. Need a £15 giftcard for *bucks but sure I've read you can buy them at a discount somewhere?
    [/I]

Groupon had a £10 *bucks card for £5 in their email last week. They do it quite regularly
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les

Organise!-Goodness. I’m shattered! Moved most of what needed putting back in it’s proper place and the food cupboard is looking so tidy. Just don’t know what to do with all the jars of chutney, etc that C has bought over the years and has secreted under other things. We have jars that he has no recollection of buying.

Be Christmas ready!- Still abandoned for the moment

I think you may have answered your own question here.
    Perhaps a roll of clear plastic wrap and a cheap basket??
  • f0xh0les
    NSD - still on 1/12

Organise - got so sick of 4 tradesmen who came and looked but did not quote a price, I grabbed plasterer Dad off the playground and made him come and give me a quote. He starts in 3 weeks, will take 2 or 3 days. 1 /3rd the price of the only other guy who gave a price. Stalked on FB to check out his work.

Value for money - let's hope he is

Excercise - 3 hours traipsing around shops looking for bargains.

Mental Health - I have a job booked in!! Happy me. Another thing off the list makes for a happy Fox.

Be Xmas Ready - thinking and planning and plotting

Eat well - erm, not.

Report in daily - doing it now!

Grateful for - it not raining. Finding step-gran a few bits and bobs for her 78th birthday in two weeks. For FB to stalk plasterers. For notebooks and diaries without which I would be a total unreliable mess. For Turtles who 'get it'.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all turtles :j

Checking in: 3/30

NSDs: aiming for 15 again this month yes, still 1/15 as spent today...should be OK over the weekend as don't normally spend then..

Organise: Still no joy on the grocery budget but did manage to portion some meat & fishcakes for freezer. Have so much extra food now DD is not having meals here...DH says he has ordered more plastic containers (he has a bad PC habit) & from Monday next he is having A BIG PUSH to put all of DDs stuff from her room - and every other room in the house tbf - into these & take it round to her house. She won't like it but she has an stone outside outbuilding plus a full boarded loft!! And then we can put our rubbish in HER room :rotfl:

Value for money - Still not done the survey but will soon. Went into town hence no clearing of rooms. This was to pick up the order I did online last night, plus I wanted to visit another shop & also order the carpet to replace the one in the dining room I ruined...gah! DH does not like doing lots of things when he goes out, but as I pointed out to him, the more you get done in one go the less trips you have to make...he stayed in the car. Carpet is ordered & will be fitted on the 15th so that gives us a date to get the room cleared for.. love our carpet supplier as they actually spin the wool & make the carpets, they are very reasonable & I was able to get an offcut. Failed to tell DH that we have to also take up the damaged carpet as well as clear the room....;)

Exercise - Not as such....

Mental health - As I mentioned before I do like to get outside in the garden - but we have relatives coming on Sunday for lunch. Sounds daft but they have no animals & a pristine house....I have lots of animals & a less-than-pristine house because of them. This is a concern for me as I have to knock myself out to make the house visitor-ready & can only do that after the animals are let out first thing in the morning as we have a huge hall that goes from front to back, which has to be done as that is where the toilet is...this space contains no less than 12 doors which can be dirtied by wet animals. And rain is forecast......

Be Christmas ready - Got one decoration, but that really must be it now! Plus a really sturdy proper container to put these things in, not cheap but I am hoping worth it..

Eat well - Yep all healthy today again, feel better for it.

Report - getting the carpet sorted, getting the outside steps & front approach swept & free of leaves. Felt like I was gardening, at least I was in the open air.. & easy supper of risotto with a YS chicken which will do at least another couple of meals plus soup. And a treat for the dogs too win-win...
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSDs - 1/18. Today was a spend day as I went to the supermarket £29.19 spent, got some good YS bargains - meat, fish and gf bread. I also spent £15 in pr*mark on 2 hot water bottles and some gloves and socks for OH, £21.50 on tea and drinks out with a friend and £5.49 on some toiletries.

Organise - £29.19/£150 food, £36.50 social. Not very organised today, got home late from work so didn't cook the tea I was planning and instead bought at the pub :o

Value for money - YS goods bought

Exercise - usual walk to and from work plus a walk to and from the pub

Mental health - not enough sleep last night plus a particularly draining day at work (I work in a residential mental health unit so it can be hard going at times) meant I was struggling a bit today, however, feel better after my evening out

Be Christmas ready - still not done anything for this

Eat well - moving swiftly on :o

Report - 3/30. Grateful for spending time with a friend, a lovely card from my sister and a new hot water bottle :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • #33 reporting a spend day yesterday.

Dh has been looking for a coat for a while but everything seemed to cost so much. Found a nice Timberlnd jacket in really good condition in local charity shop for £20. Am happy with the purchase though and from our clothing budget.

Walked up to collect parcel from post office in town for exercise and saved on bus fare :j

Slipped up with the eating today. Ds at work and dh out in evening so had 2 sausage rolls heated up :rotfl:

Grateful for:
    *Having a wardrobe rejig and making outfits from stuff I have.
    *Strolling through the park near us admiring the ducks and lovely trees.
    *cuddling up on the sofa with the dog while the others were out.
    NST#14/2
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

Just checking in.

Defo a spend day as I'm off to a christening.

Organise- fairly organised already have all my clothes laid out for our party and meal tomorrow just need to get bavk & unload.

Value- i only plan to buy drinks not sure what I can save there

Excersize- need to start training for GNR will start Monday with a clear plan.

Mental health- not in a good way today as my FIL basically laid into me about my weight last night. I had a baby a year ago and put on a few stone and have lost 1 so far I know I need to lose weight but now feel absolutely rubbish abd want to hide away. :(

Eat eell- after the comments ill either eat nothing or shove my face haha.

Musy try not to spend to cheer myself up!:mad:
  • Day 4 #18 checking in...

Laurenh1 - sorry to read that your FIL made unnecessary comments! Please don't feel the need to hide away just ignore him!

NSD - 3/12. Spendy day today on kids party cafe £1.70 out of £20 for week. I've also spent £14 in A£da on new jeans for DS £9 (he fell over and has a hole in the knee of his current ones). This should come out of my £20 weekly budget :( Bought plates, serviettes and table cloth for his party,£5 this was supposed to come out of grocery budget by buying one item a week but there was a multi buy offer on so the grocery budget owes my weekly budget £5��
    Grocery - £73.47/£280
    Value for Money - Multi buy partyware saved me £1.50!
    Exercise - Will be walking to firework display later which is 1 mile around trip.
    Mental Health - Full night sleep last night, going to clean the house always makes me feel better.
    Xmas/DS Birthday - bought partyware
    Eat Well - Not healthy but eating well can also mean just eating something. Many weekends I tend to miss lunch but today made a sandwich & enjoyed it!
    Be Grateful - Friend to gave my DS her DS old Pudsey T-shirt from last year so I didn't need to buy one. My DH for servicing my car and having tea & chat with friends at kids party.
    Declutter - Clothes & Handbag listed on eb@y. Paperwork filed away or shredded.
    O/D £5.50 saved /£1500
    Weekly cash £9.30 left /£20

Have a great weekend
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 November 2017 at 7:05PM
    Clear Out -

NSDs - 0 - today we went shopping for boots........

Organise - set your budgets now, pay to your debt/savings first
    Food - £105.78/ £400 - huuuuge Tesc0 shop yesterday, and smaller A1di one. Used lots of extra points coupons which Tesc0 had sent me and also some CC vouchers which are due to expire this month. Got my money off voucher for fuel. Also spent in Icyland, but used L2S vouchers from RM surveys for most of that
    Fuel (me) - £0/ £65
    Social - £19.09/ £150
    Toiletries - £2/ £10
    Clothes - £84.48/£100 - boots for DD & myself and tshirt for OH
    Gifts - £1.49

Value for money - used vouchers and coupons in Tesc0 and got a fuel voucher back. Bought some things which I wanted which were on offer and also managed to score a good amount of YS 5% lean mince and chicken breasts :)

Exercise -

Mental health - am feeling run down which is definitely affecting my mood (enough that OH is trying to send me away to Marrakech for 4 days later this month!)

Be Christmas ready - will aim to have all my lists sorted by end of this week and buy more presents throughout Nov. Will also ensure birthdays from now - end Jan are also included :)
    Bought 2 advent calendars yesterday

Eat well - DD home for weekend :j Had a chippy tea last night as a result (food I'd planned she'd had the night before) and had a big family brunch this morning. Tonight we are having various from freezer (ribs, s/f chicken, steak pie) to make some room!

Report/ Gratitudes -
    * DD being home for weekend
    * Lovely family time all 6 of us having brunch together
    * DS3's homework (slime making) being accomplished (with stuff we had in - so not cost :D)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport