PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Monday 10th October

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Dry bright and cold here, we are due a lot of rain later so need to get washing out while I can.

Chores to be done this morning and then over to see DM this afternoon, we are trying to organise her friends to come over for a little tea party so hopefully will move on with that.

Not sure what plans are for this week, need to compare diaries with SIL for that and then see where we are.

Lovely to hear from you HIllstep, enjoy your memory day.
    Am sure Scampi will be fine Tru and better that way than you running risk of pain & damage :(

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hello All - another busy day - sending hugs/positivity and xxxxx's to all who want them. To those in a dark place, keep going - I know you're probably tired of it, but keep on xxxx.

I hope everyone's ache/pains/ouches feel better soon xx

Keeping the radio off today, as I cannot bear to let the current carping and nastiness in the news into my home - will look for some interesting podcasts instead.

Household drudgery this morning - hopefully the sun will come out later.

Fridge audit done and dusted, and a list of use-ups made to make sure that they get used up first. No need to do the freezers as they are crammed - but I do need to do a master list of what's in there.

Used up quite a lot from store cupboard last week - need to keep doing this to get the hoard down.

Hope your days are good - be kind to yourselves lovely people xxxx

p.s. Thanks to Hester for getting the daily thread up
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hilstep I hope you have a fantastic day at Sheffield Park I went there once with my OH in the spring and it was gorgeous The huge 'rhubarb' like plants around the lake have to be seen to be believed :) They are like triffids :)

Well another Monday morning chums and I am off to book club this morning.Its our 5th anniversary of starting up and one of the ladies is making a cake (be rude not to have a small slice :):))
    then home for lunch of soup and crackers and probably a bit of knitting before going to DDs No dinner to cook tonight as I came home with some lovely left over beef and veg from DDs last night enough for me, but not enough for her hungry tribe :)I shall make her a Victoria sponge cake in exchange :)NSD today as I have enough from my shopping trip on Saturday to last me a good week or more
    Hope you all have a good day ,its getting a wee bit nippier now so autumn is here and winter will soon be on its way

Cheers chums

JackieO xx

PS DD loves her 'strangled eggs' on a Sunday morning, she has called them this since she was a little girl :):):)
  • Morning all,

Misty morning today, nice and crisp. Had to scrape the windows of my car though.

I had a wonderful weekend in Campbeltown for some golf. The weather was better than perfect, blue skies and no wind. The courses were just beautiful with views over onto Northern Ireland. It was a bit of a costly weekend - well in my eyes. £160 all in. It's the GF's birthday on Saturday so I'm looking forward to that.

Back to work now *sigh*.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

It is deffo Autumn, its blooming cold this morning. Blue sky but temperature below 10c brrrrrrr.

Bed has been stripped and is in the washer, hope to get it dry outside. I need to wash next weekend, the heating engineers will be here next Monday at 8am and the water will be off for most of the day whilst they take out the heaters water tank etc. Hope they put it back on at night, they cannot leave us without a flushing toilet. I will put the switch up on the E7 I am not wasting money heating a full tank of hot water to have them drain it off. I will leave a note on the meter cupboard to remind me to do it.

Monday clean to do, so better go and get on with it. Will need to lay the fire as well, think we will need it late this afternoon.

Supper tonight bacon fritatta, jacket spud and tomato salad. We have a couple of bananas they need eating up, so they will do for dessert.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    As the family helped me turn over my super king mattress yesterday I was able to put nice new bedding on and have laundry to hang outside.

There is still beef and veg from yesterday to eat tonight and will do an omelette for lunch. I have nectar points to use so will brave the trek over the bridge to do some shopping this afternoon.

Looks like a quiet week so might finally get an eye test done.

Redruby

Management sounds oblivious to the concerns of work demands and I hope they finally wake up.

Tru

You really need to give your hip a chance to recover. You don't have anything to be guilty about as scampi is obviously happy and well cared for.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Lot brighter here today, the weekend was horrid, grey and rainy from Saturday to Sunday :( Took MIL shopping in Bletchley on Saturday and she thoroughly enjoyed herself, got DS a nice coat and some bits for Christmas plus their usual Christmas Jammies so I am almost finished now, just fresh stuff and a few bottles of booze which will be paid for by Morrison's coupons :D to get now :j

Was a bit chilly last night but just put on Cardis and slippers, it is way to early to put the heating or light the fire, holding out as long as we can.

Dinner tonight is chicken and mushroom pie using the left over chicken from yesterday and I will make a nice chicken soup for tomorrow's lunch from what is left on the carcass.

Made two apple braids at the weekend one to say thanks to the man who gave us the wood and one to the man who gave us the carrier bags of apples, he sent me some russets yesterday as well :D

Caught up on washing this morning, the weather was too bad over the weekend so the basket was full again :eek:

Going to grab some lunch and go and see my friend this afternoon, plus I promised MIL a big pot for her Camelia because she hasn't got one big enough.

BFN xx
    Save
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all,

Cloudy here today , cooler too, determined to get some moreblackberries this afternoon, also want to boil some crabs for jelly, they can drip overnight.....probably shouldnt really bother as we eat very little of that kind of stuff, tradition dies hard!

Horrified to hear of cycle path 'ambushes', so many people now seem to just care about themselves with no thought for others or their rights.

OH has been hitting the switch for heat to come in for an hour when he gets up in the morning, just have radiators in living room turned on, so not too upset.

Roast pork with whatever for dinner today, DD1 has volunteered tocook, so will just take it easy.

Hugs to all who need or want one, have a good day

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tru when Bailey & Cassie stayed, if Mr LW was at work, I used to take them out to the back garden, set up the little outdoor table and a chair, get a mug of coffee, and spend a good half hour with a tennis racket hitting tennis balls for them to chase. We would take them out as in off the premises for a walk after Mr LW got home and could help, as they were too much for me to walk on their leads by myself. They had a grand time, and got loads of exercise; as long as Scampi is enjoying his exercise, in whatever form it takes, you have nothing to berate yourself for. In fact if he seems happier playing with you in the garden during the day, I'd be inclined to stick with that regime. :o Give the little guy a cuddle for me. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,007 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Afternoon from a very sunny but chilly west coast.

I dropped my cousin at the airport at noon and headed straight home, just as well as shortly after I passed Arrochar a travel news report came over the radio about the road being closed just before Arrochar at Luss - and it's still closed now. Seems a lorry overturned.

The drive home was just beautiful, I tried to soak in the loveliness of it to sustain me through the coming winter. It'll probably be a while before it's so bright and dry again.

I'm not going to cut the grass tonight, it'll keep for tomorrow when the sun is promised again. I've unpacked, put things away, been to drop off two parcels for different neighbours, filled four bird feeders (woodpecker was the first one back at the peanuts) and sorted the mail out. Now it's feet up - head down time for the rest of the evening.

I hope everyone is resting now too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport