misscousinitt's MF Diary

Comments

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Not that then. You clean living MFW you!!
    It is true that I like to indulge in a glass of wine or two, but it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I have had a glass or not at the moment.

I try not to drink in the week apart from Wednesday, when DH and I have a meal in and a glass of wine.

MCI
  • Alchemilla wrote: »
    Not that then. You clean living MFW you!!

I wouldn't quite say that. :rotfl:

Just too much on the mind me thinks

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Ok, ok, its early on a Sunday morning to be tatting with the computer...

But I did get some sleep last night (be it sporadic) - went to bed at 10.15pm - woke up 3/4 times, but had a swig of water each time and settled back down. Woke up properly at 6.10am.

Great thing about today is I can have a kip later if I want to;)

So, I got on really well yesterday - everything done on my list apart from anything to do with housework - which I must get done today.

It was fun making the chutneys at Mum's - three done in all: Yuletide (No added sugar, but really good), Spiced Apple and Sultana (using apples from MILs garden) and Scottish Recipe Rhubarb (using Rhubarb from Mum's garden) - took 3 hours - not too bad.

Caught up with my friends whose birthday it was yesterday and gave them presents - cried off going up for a drink last night though as I was shattered.

Ordered our Christmas Turkey and bought some chicken and stewing beef from the butcher.

Booked my hair appointment for the morning before our works Christmas do (07/12).

Final Payslip and P45 done for Charity Temp Worker.

Popped down MILs as it was her birthday too - we bought a Chinese takeaway for the three of us and had a nice chat - left there at about 9.50pm.

Then came home and I went to bed:)

I think that one thing that is really bothering me is cash flow for the charity - this time of year is always difficult and I am anxious that we get through the winter ok and can start afresh (again) in the spring. It's worrying about the security of peoples jobs - this is why it is very important that we make the maximum from our Christmas fundraising.

We still tend to have gardening jobs on the run up to Christmas and then January is a bit dead - but still have outgoings. As we have ended the contract of our driver, we will have a lone gardener - not good - we are looking to get a placement to fill the gap, plus (and this is the big thing) - I am going to ask one of my fellow trustees (who is unemployed) to help out where required - I hope that he understands that we need his volunteer help to get the money in to keep us going - didn't want to tackle him about it yesterday as it was his birthday - but I am going to ring him on Monday evening and have a chat. If I can get this straight, I think my sleep may be much better. I have also finally done some sums and think that we can scrape through...

It has also been pointed out to me that I am not giving myself enough time to grieve for those I have lost this year and its right - although there have been tears, I have still had to function for the sake of others and I have a feeling that after Christmas Day is out the way, I might just fall apart if I don't do something in the meantime.

So, I am taking on board that I should have some time to myself EVERYDAY whether it be one minute meditation, a brisk walk (weather permitting;)) or just a quiet 1/2 hour with a book.

I will be keeping a record to keep myself on track - yes another list!

I am sorry this has turned into a prize ramble - it helps me to focus.

And finally, a BIG thank you to everyone who has shown concern over my sleep problem - it is really lovely and VERY much appreciated.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Just noticed that I have an extra star under my name! :j
    When did that happen!

Sometimes, its the little things that really cheer you up.:D

Todays list is fairly small:

- Bit of housework and washing.
    - Trip up the allotment (the sun is shining today)
    - 1/2 hour char with DH later about Christmas List and Budget
    - Go down MILs for a beef dinner:T

Just had a lovely breakfast sandwich in bed courtesy of DH. Might go for that extra snooze in a bit.

The list can wait for a bit;)

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• megela
    megela Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just caught up - you have been a busy bee while I've been away!!
    Re-mortgaged 20/04/12 MTiT-T3 No.7
    Start balance £89611.10 + £22500 = £112111.10/Current balance £85436.53
    Original Mortgage Free Date April 2032
    Target Mortgage Free Date July 2022/Currently August 2029 (based on no offset)
    Total overpayments from 20/04/12: £8152.95
  • megela wrote: »
    Just caught up - you have been a busy bee while I've been away!!

Maybe too much so...

Hope you are ok.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Managed to blow a few cobwebs away up the allotment yesterday.

Kale, shallots, onions and garlic are now all planted. Need to get back up there to do some digging over, but that can wait until we have another sunny Sunday.

Housework and one load of washing done - will do another tonight.

My me time tonight will consist of watching the first bit of strictly that I missed on Saturday.

MIL has given us £45 back towards the funeral costs- she is still under the impression that she is paying it all back - we shall see.

Raised one £co claim today and must do another (for mum's hearing aid batteries - need order number though - so will have to ring my bro).

Definately having the fish tonight - too much red meat over the weekend - good job its still in the freezer.

PS Was in bed for 10.05pm last night and only woke up once in the night - fortunately I went straight back to sleep.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PS Was in bed for 10.05pm last night and only woke up once in the night - fortunately I went straight back to sleep.

Well done you :)

Early night again today?
  • Well done you :)

Early night again today?

Yes, Ed!

Was in bed by 9.50pm and only woke up once again - starting to feel better now.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Brisk walk down the town today to get my Mr Next order. Brrrr...its cold out there, ears were hurting when I got back!

Forgot that DHs extra payment goes into our joint account on 1st, so updating signature again by another £50 when I finish this post.

Charity raffle tickets have arrived today - yay! Just got to sell them all now...

I am 2tsp away from finishing the jar of curry paste (had some on some noodles for lunch today).

Tonight's tea with be a healthy Turkey Bolognaise - will be incorporating courgette from the allotment and carrots from Mum's garden.

Got a feeling I will be eating alot of courgette and carrots over the next week...

Hope everyone is ok.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure