Let's fix this situation

Comments

• BeckyS
    BeckyS Posts: 62 Forumite
    Good evening

Today was an NSD.

I want tomorrow to be one as well but I think I'm coming down with a cold. I'm trying to head it off but I may need to buy some meds. I can't be off work I need to get paid. :(

Phone line is fixed and apparently it's no charge, so yay!

No long rambling post today. I'm making myself a ginger and lemon tea,which I'll have a couple of paracetamol with, and curling up with a hot water bottle.
    Sealed pot Challenge 9 member #558

Debts to be listed soon
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Tell the cold to go away. Do it with determination - as though you mean it. Oddly enough does sometimes seem to help. As you say hot drinks and paracetemol - maybe a hot bath or shower before bed too.

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow! x
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • BeckyS
    Tell the cold to go away. Do it with determination - as though you mean it. Oddly enough does sometimes seem to help. As you say hot drinks and paracetemol - maybe a hot bath or shower before bed too.

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow! x

Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't have a hot bath because, to add insult to injury, my boiler is broken and won't be fixed until Monday :-( (On the upside at least the housing association pay for that). So it's a bucket in front of the electric fire (which I hate to turn on even for that length of time but I am not washing without heat (and actually it's on now because I was shivering inspite of cardi and blanket)).

I should go to bed.

Night all

Debts to be listed soon
  • Hope you're feeling better soon. Lots of colds doing the rounds at the moment.

Wrap up warm, take the paracetamol and keep hydrated.
  • BeckyS
    Evening all,

In spite of the cold I managed another NSD (yay!) primarily because a work colleague gave me a strip of her cold meds. I really need to get on that mobile phone thing tonight but I'm really tired and snuffly tonight. Might do it over the weekend.

Tomorrow won't be an NSD as it's payday and I need to pick up a few things that are running low after work (bread and suchlike).

I'm going to get my hot water bottle and curl up again.

Debts to be listed soon
  • BeckyS
    Evening again,

Not much to report.

Today I spent £13.94. Most of that is unavoidable topping up but £2.00 was towards team oatcake breakfast and £3.00 is towards team Halloween decorations.

As a one off I wouldn't have minded the oatcake thing but they are thinking of making oatcake friday a regular event neither my budget nor my waistline will stand for that. I'll have to start taking something with me for Friday breakfast so I can join everyone to eat.

The cold is still an ongoing issue but I think it's getting better. That might just be the meds. Energy is still really low though.

Debts to be listed soon
  • BeckyS
    Oh today was also rent day. So that's another £90... £82.58 rent and £7.42 arrears.

*goes to put the £7.42 into her snowball.*

Debts to be listed soon
  • Maybe with the breakfast thing join in fully once a month and the other weeks eat with them but take your own stuff in?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • BeckyS
    Maybe with the breakfast thing join in fully once a month and the other weeks eat with them but take your own stuff in?

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'm sure I can figure something out. :-)

Debts to be listed soon
  • BeckyS
    Good Afternoon, peeps.

In spite of coughing and spluttering all day with this cold I've had quite the productive afternoon.

I'd already sorted out cutting £17.50 from my monthly mobile bill a couple of weeks back but today I've sorted another cutting another £17.48 from it. So that's £33.98 total. A 42.5% reduction isn't bad I think. :D (though the way these things work the full savings won't all hit in this month's bill).

Together with the savings from changing broadband and electric supplier that's pretty good money I've cut this week. :j (Still a ways to go to my £240 target but I'm getting there).

*Goes to find a warm, throat soothing drink to reward herself*

Becky

Debts to be listed soon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business