DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Comments

• Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all,

First token payment has been cashed by Tesco CC but not had any correspondence yet from anyone. Does this mean Tesco are going to accept SC offer. Will have to wait and see.
    Have a good Saturday all J
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • dmp2013
    dmp2013 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Ahh our first payment to our creditors went from Stepchange a few wks ago, but Ive just had an invoice from my Next account which shows nothing and has a late fee on it!! I am still stressing over the post as HSBC have not been helpful either- still charging some interest and had a late fee from them too- altho that did show stepchange's payment! Can anyone help?? Anyone had similar experiences? x Thank you x
    DMP started Jan 2013.
    Due to end 2018.
    Happy to be sorting out our debt :D
  • Julie67 wrote: »
    Morning all,

First token payment has been cashed by Tesco CC but not had any correspondence yet from anyone. Does this mean Tesco are going to accept SC offer. Will have to wait and see.
    Have a good Saturday all J

Just means they have cashed it. It will go in the right direction. Generally speaking most have found Tesco reasonable.

HHx
  • dmp2013 wrote: »
    Ahh our first payment to our creditors went from Stepchange a few wks ago, but Ive just had an invoice from my Next account which shows nothing and has a late fee on it!! I am still stressing over the post as HSBC have not been helpful either- still charging some interest and had a late fee from them too- altho that did show stepchange's payment! Can anyone help?? Anyone had similar experiences? x Thank you x

All fairly normal at the start. The first month my debt rose by 2.5%. Write to them, ask to reconsider. Quote OFT guidelines re not increasing dent, that you are with a charitable DMP provider and committed to pay the debt etc.

Good luck

HHx
  • dmp2013
    Thank you HH, I was getting soo worried, just spoke to Next- I hate ringing people as don't feel I am very good on the phone, but they were helpful but HAVEN'T recieved money from Stepchange and it went out on 13th Jan, so dont know whats happened there?? I have emailled stepchange, but cant ring them as only open mon-fri. They did refund the charges though whilst they wait to see what happens- so that was decent of them! Thanks soo much for your reply though as that does make me feel better xx
    DMP started Jan 2013.
    Due to end 2018.
    Thank you HH, I was getting soo worried, just spoke to Next- I hate ringing people as don't feel I am very good on the phone, but they were helpful but HAVEN'T recieved money from Stepchange and it went out on 13th Jan, so dont know whats happened there?? I have emailled stepchange, but cant ring them as only open mon-fri. They did refund the charges though whilst they wait to see what happens- so that was decent of them! Thanks soo much for your reply though as that does make me feel better xx

Hi DMP 2013 usually SC take money on 1st or 10th of month and creditors are paid by the 25th of the month so there is a lagg. I paid token payments for two months while setting up even though my DMP started on month 2.

and am in month 4 and have only just agreed with HBOS loan to accept arrangement as although they finall accepted money from SC they still claimed they hadnt received my income/expenditure even though i have a Hfx cc that had accepted it. Big companies with all different depts tend to take a while. On the whole with the exception of interest charging ( which is at their discretion) they recognise your attempt to pay and cant not accept. It will take a while but it will start to settle down. Dont worry it does settle down after the early bumps.
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:

As Jubillee say SC dont pay preditors until the 25th and they often say not recieved, especially at the start. It will get better

HHx
  • dmp2013
    Hi Jubilee14 that is what HSBC keep saying to me- that they havent recieved incomings and outgoings expenditure etc, I have sent them countless Stepchange letters and yet today I recieve a letter from them asking for a signed letter that states a third party is dealing with my debts!!!! They seem soo unorganised!! Have they stopped your interest charges? My husbands bank Santander have been fab but HSBC have been dire! I really hope they sort themselves out soon. As everyone else been pretty good: MBNA-very good, Next- very good (apart from not recieving money :-/ ), Santander-great, Halifax-pretty good and Barclaycard-very good! Hopefully it will all calm down. Thanks again for your replies :-) x
    DMP started Jan 2013.
    Due to end 2018.
    Hi Jubilee14 that is what HSBC keep saying to me- that they havent recieved incomings and outgoings expenditure etc, I have sent them countless Stepchange letters and yet today I recieve a letter from them asking for a signed letter that states a third party is dealing with my debts!!!! They seem soo unorganised!! Have they stopped your interest charges? My husbands bank Santander have been fab but HSBC have been dire! I really hope they sort themselves out soon. As everyone else been pretty good: MBNA-very good, Next- very good (apart from not recieving money :-/ ), Santander-great, Halifax-pretty good and Barclaycard-very good! Hopefully it will all calm down. Thanks again for your replies :-) x

i have four creditors three with HBOS( OD, Loan and Credit card) 1 with BCard. (credit card)

HBOS O/D still state reserves right to charge interest but doesnt show on my statement so when settling account at the end it might be an extra added on.

HBOS CC- took a while to get them to reduce any interest but last week agreed to following a complaint letter they are re-paying interest and charges on next month but will still charge 12% apr

HBOS Loan - not willing to freeze interest at the momemnt but as a loan most of it was upfront. They are sending me a cheque for £20 for the amount of times i have had to phone.

Bcard - they accepted it straight away and seem to have a sliding scale as to what interest they apply against your debt and ability to pay. Said i am going to be charged 6% but statement shows 0 at present so am cautious it wil be added on at the end.

I would recommend writing a formal letter as after polite letters that werent really responded to as soon as i wrote formal complaint and mentioned FOA things started to happen.
    Time to Face the Music hasd a great template.

:)
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • dmp2013
    Thank you again Jubilee14, I will see what happens over the next few weeks, but if problems still occur I will send formal letters, I think I saw Time to Face the Music's template on page 246ish, looked great! Ah ok so they can charge interest at the end then? As most of ours are showing 0% interest on statement- how can u tell if they may do that? HBOS- are HSBC are they? (Sorry for all the probably 'silly' questions). I have loan, overdraft and credit card with HSBC, which is a shame because as I have previously moaned they have been rubbish to deal with. Good for you getting refund for phonecalls x
    DMP started Jan 2013.
    Due to end 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills