Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sassy165
    • By sassy165 11th Mar 13, 11:17 AM
    • 1,142Posts
    • 13,621Thanks
    sassy165
    Facebook
    • 11th Mar 13, 11:17 AM
    Facebook 11th Mar 13 at 11:17 AM
    FB just blocked my account because they say they have had a report that it is not a genuine account

It is a genuine account and I don't understand this - they want me to identify some friends from pictures that have been liked and tagged. I have absolutely no idea on some of these. Is there anything I can do please?

Thanks for your replies - perhaps FB have a problem.
    My account is in my correct name so can't think what the problem might be.
    Last edited by sassy165; 11-03-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Thanks for replies xxx
    Thanks to all OP's your efforts are much appreciated
Page 38
    • grannybiker
    • By grannybiker 18th Mar 13, 9:38 AM
    • 10,066 Posts
    • 981,722 Thanks
    grannybiker
    And before anyone gets too complacent thinking it's all over- another FB friends has just posted that she's been locked out again this morning ...
    She's untagged loads of photos & not done any L&S since this kicked off.
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 18th Mar 13, 9:40 AM
    • 29,463 Posts
    • 168,061 Thanks
    mjm3346
    are the competions which are just like and not share ok
    Originally posted by piraterob
    Companies break FB rules by running them.

Entering them does not break FB rules but FB are blocking access to some accounts and making people prove they are real, there is a theory that this is connected with having a large number of Like & Shares (it might be a FB glitch as access seems to be restored for some without them doing anything or it could be someone reporting accounts. I don't think anyone knows for sure but I think the accounts blocked generally have lots of like and shares.)
    Last edited by mjm3346; 18-03-2013 at 9:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    • LizB62
    • By LizB62 19th Mar 13, 10:36 PM
    • 3,712 Posts
    • 41,000 Thanks
    LizB62
    I never had the pic verification thing as my mobile number was up to date
    Originally posted by BlueBella
    My mobile number is up to date too, I even used it to change my password the other day, but STILL can't get in

(actually, I don't mind having a break from FB, I might give up trying to get verified )
    • kisto
    • By kisto 20th Mar 13, 8:14 AM
    • 6,229 Posts
    • 81,395 Thanks
    kisto
    My Facebook seems to keep logging me out (even though I have 'keep me logged in' checked). Every time it does it I have a mini heart attack thinking I'm going to have to do the security checks again....so far so good and it simply lets me log straight back in.
    *Thanks to all who posts comps *
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 20th Mar 13, 9:25 AM
    • 8,132 Posts
    • 278,372 Thanks
    BlueBella
    My mobile number is up to date too, I even used it to change my password the other day, but STILL can't get in

(actually, I don't mind having a break from FB, I might give up trying to get verified )
    Originally posted by LizB62
    I don't know what you can do ! I am stumpted - have you attempted to contact Facebook?
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey...
    • LizB62
    • By LizB62 21st Mar 13, 6:18 PM
    • 3,712 Posts
    • 41,000 Thanks
    LizB62
    I don't know what you can do ! I am stumpted - have you attempted to contact Facebook?
    Originally posted by BlueBella
    Yup - I tried every email that was posted on here - nothing.

And to add insult to injury, FB was STILL emailing me to say I'd got some pending notifications ....

Finally just now it's given me the option to verify by mobile.
    It wouldn't let me use my registered mobile number (the one I used when I changed passwords last week) but luckily I've got another number.
    Not sure what I could have done if I hadn't had access to a 2nd mobile number....

So I'm back, but let's see how long it lasts.
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 21st Mar 13, 6:31 PM
    • 8,132 Posts
    • 278,372 Thanks
    BlueBella
    Yeah LizB62 Fab! I'm still on but being very careful! I daren't even chat to friends too much in case I get warned for it or a ban! I don't think we are safe yet - I still think the Facebook police are on patrol!

• diddldonna
    • By diddldonna 29th Mar 13, 10:10 AM
    • 287 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    diddldonna
    Can you add me as a friend on facebook, my name is Donna Habo Hodds with pluto photo at the moment.
    • diane39
    • By diane39 31st Mar 13, 11:41 AM
    • 306 Posts
    • 2,729 Thanks
    diane39
    Had to open a new account on fb can anyone add me as a friend Diane ORourke (ive got a Leeds utd badge as my profile pic) Thanks.
    • diane39
    • By diane39 4th Apr 13, 7:28 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 2,729 Thanks
    diane39
    Scrap the above post.Ive just gone on my old fb and it's been reinstated,not sure why.Maybe others have too
    • JSP
    • By JSP 22nd Apr 13, 3:27 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    JSP
    Unlike
    Hi,

I've just been told that I have reached my Max number of likes, so I need to unlike some companies.

Before they changed to the new layout I just went through the list of people I liked and unliked those I don't want anymore.

However, for the life of me a can not figure out how to view everyone that I like any more.

Can someone help?

Thanks
    • RavenRae
    • By RavenRae 22nd Apr 13, 3:49 PM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 64,417 Thanks
    RavenRae
    Hi,

I've just been told that I have reached my Max number of likes, so I need to unlike some companies.

Before they changed to the new layout I just went through the list of people I liked and unliked those I don't want anymore.

However, for the life of me a can not figure out how to view everyone that I like any more.

Can someone help?

Thanks
    Originally posted by JSP
    If you go on your profile you'll see a more option just under your cover photo. If you click on that you should see a 'likes' option from the drop down.

I did not know there was a maximum
    "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect" ~ Bruce Lee

2016 Alphabet Challenge
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 25th Apr 13, 5:49 PM
    • 3,420 Posts
    • 51,659 Thanks
    Zanzib
    Think Facebook are having another crackdown.

I have a blog that is totally unrelated to comping, or anything you are likely to win by comping. Went onto Facebook to post my latest blog post link, clicked submit and got the security box come up and had to enter the captcha to prove I was not spamming.

I have my main page which I use to talk to friends generally and enter a few competitions via.

The other page is also my name, but job specific and allowed under FB rules- it was this one which only gets posted on about 2-4 times in a week, that got the security box...
    • grannybiker
    • By grannybiker 25th Apr 13, 8:29 PM
    • 10,066 Posts
    • 981,722 Thanks
    grannybiker
    Wish they'd blurdy target the companies that are STILL asking us to like & share.
    I posted a polite message with this link on LOADS but no response
    • Zanzib
    • By Zanzib 25th Apr 13, 9:18 PM
    • 3,420 Posts
    • 51,659 Thanks
    Zanzib
    Wish they'd blurdy target the companies that are STILL asking us to like & share.
    I posted a polite message with this link on LOADS but no response
    Originally posted by grannybiker
    I just report those threads now.
  • kzmicallef
    Hey, I don't know if this helps but check your friends list because I emailed fb and asked for clarification on the blocks and they said usually a friend or a company has to report you for spam before your page is blocked x
    Starting afresh - comping as much as poss!

Hoping for: some beauty goods, clothes, amazon vouchers, anime, manga, wardrobe, fridge freezer, laptop, an ipad, vouchers for next, exercise goods, a uk break and a wee hol somewhere nice!
    Wishing all a little luck
    • grannybiker
    • By grannybiker 26th Apr 13, 1:46 PM
    • 10,066 Posts
    • 981,722 Thanks
    grannybiker
    I just report those threads now.
    Originally posted by Zanzib
    Be busy today then!
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 26th Apr 13, 2:26 PM
    • 8,132 Posts
    • 278,372 Thanks
    BlueBella
    Hey, I don't know if this helps but check your friends list because I emailed fb and asked for clarification on the blocks and they said usually a friend or a company has to report you for spam before your page is blocked x
    Originally posted by kzmicallef
    OMG You actually got a reply from FB!!!!??? What email did you use for future reference?

• 4mFiller
    • By 4mFiller 27th Apr 13, 1:16 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 10,130 Thanks
    4mFiller
    Hi guys, sorry for hijacking this thread but I am in desperate need of some help/advice please with facebook so hope I am in the right place.
    It worked fine one night, next day apps wont load or work, like button not working, nothing on messages. As soon as I go to a competition page I just get the top header of the page with no content and cant like/unlike. Not just new ones but also regular daily comps. The strange thing is I can like and comment on individual posts/photos but not pages. Also entered a tombolas which is showing as an app and entered so am totally confused
    I may have done something with my settings with many company's asking permission to post on your behalf so have been checking on the privacy filters, have tried checking/unchecking every option but nothing seems to work, nothing is on a blocked list and as far as I can tell its exactly the same settings as I had before. Have tried different browsers, cleared cache, different computers, googled and sent feedback to facebook. I am at a total loss as to what to do next
    Only been on facebook a few months, bit of a novice still, only use for comps, never liked and shared, have under 1000 likes, just the one account so have done nothing wrong as far as I am aware and have had no notifications from facebook.
    I hope some of you experienced facebook compers may be able to offer me some help please. Thanks for listening!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,447Posts Today

6,353Users online

Martin's Twitter