Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Options

Comments

• xbrenx
    xbrenx Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So the fact that I've posted on the pets link means I want to sell everyone a cat?
    I think not.
  • keggs
    keggs Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Options
    :beer:

Just put them on ignore. They hate it.

I agree with upto.

I wondered how long t would take for the antis to start having a poke.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Any posts pointing out that UW have just about the highest gas and electricity prices in UK(costing the average user hundreds of pounds a year extra) are intended to warn any potential, or current, UW customers of the facts - and that there are many UW distributers posting misleading information.

What possible difference would it make if all the UW distributers, who post openly or conceal their interest by posing as customers, ignored every post that tells the truth about the stupidly high prices UW charge?

Anyone who wants accuracy about UW's high prices should simply enter their details in any of the comparison website - the links are shown above.
  • keggs
    keggs Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Options
    Yawn, Yawn
  • byebyedebt
    byebyedebt Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 July 2010 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Personally, I switched to to UW as per unit they were cheaper for gas and electric than my existing supplier, one of the big six, who incidently were the cheapest when I switched to them.

That said, having done the switching process many times over the years, at anyone time you could argue that Coy A is cheaper. In this case it worked for me. No doubt half my neighbours are probably on a better deal for gas / electric only, and some will be worse off. However I am not.

Yes I am a distributor, but that does not mean that I want to pay over the odds. The reason I am a customer is that overall I am better off.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    byebyedebt wrote: »
    That said, having done the switching process many times over the years, at anyone time you could argue that Coy A is cheaper. In this case it worked for me.

Are you claiming that your company was "Coy A" for you? The cheapest?

You must have made a mistake! UW sell just about the most expensive gas and electricity. Post your region and consumption and someone who knows how to do an independent check on prices will be able to help you save some money on your energy.
  • byebyedebt
    byebyedebt Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 July 2010 at 9:46PM
    Options
    In my case, when I switched it was cheaper then my previous supplier. Im not saying it was the cheapest of all suppliers, and I know it won't be, because of how the triple value guarentee works. I would probably have to switch every day to get the cheapest.

I am a UW Customer and a distributor.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    byebyedebt wrote: »
    Im not saying it was the cheapest of all suppliers, and I know it won't be, because of how the triple value guarentee works. I would probably have to switch every day to get the cheapest.

The worthless guarantee has nothing to do with you getting the cheapest prices. It's a marketing gimmick and doesn't guarantee anything!

You are right, you would have to keep a close watch on the market to always get the cheapest energy, but UW energy prices are just about the most expensive - certainly nowhere near the cheapest.

As posted previously, either let someone here show you what you could save by switching, or have a look at any of the MSE recommended sites to see how much money you could save by switching.

============================================================================

I am a xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Customer and also a Distributor .

You break the site rules by advertising your company like this in every post you make on MSE.
  • sdavi3680
    sdavi3680 Posts: 219 Forumite
    Options
    The place I am moving into and renting already has UW as their phone and broadband provider. Who can I switch to from UW? I tried with O2 but failed because it's not a BT line.
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2010 at 1:26AM
    Options
    Their rated bottom out of seven suppliers by Which for the quality of their energy bills.

The improvements that Which? suggests Utility Warehouse considers include: explaining to its customers that it only offers one tariff, using an itemised summary box and stopping the use of minus signs to indicate units used, as this is confusing.

See: http://www.which.co.uk/news/2010/06/energy-suppliers-could-do-better-on-bills-218542
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback