PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 23rd February 2015

Options

Comments

• boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 23 February 2015 at 3:26PM
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for the lists. Will catch up later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely to see you back CY. I hope your son's okay today.

Lovin' the list, Dusty. I'll have a go at it as well as starting to pimp the place for R's arrival tomorrow.

WM x 1 on despite the weather and carpets dry where they were scrubbed yesterday, so that's a good start.
    Better is good enough.
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    Bathroom floor scrubbed - cats! :mad:
    Cat litter sorted
    DW on x2
    Girls beds stripped and bedding in WM
    Girls carp gathered from front room and deposited back into their room. Nasty shock for them later!
    Sofas hoovered (I still say hoover even though it's a dyson), cushions and throws replaced
    Started hoovering the front room but DD1 and co have just turned up . . .
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 February 2015 at 11:13PM
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm on a mission today. Didn't get to do much the weekend other than look after people. Carpets got a good steam clean though due to one of the dogs having a poorly tum. I didnt eat till gone 3pm that day. :D I cleaned up the mess and hubby got the job of lugging the steam cleaner round.

Jobs for today:

[strike]Vacuum upstairs
    Clean dust upstairs
    Strip and remakethe beds
    Vacuum stairs
    Vacuum downstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Dust clean downstairs
    Steam clean hard floors[/strike]
    [strike]Steam clean bathroom
    Laundry[/strike]
    [Strike]Tea[/Strike]

I'm a bit late starting today so I'd best crack on with it.:(
  • mamaninie
    Options
    Morning all, will be doing a bit this morning. Have trotted to the shops already this morning after school run and will be back this afternoon dropping some bags at the cs on the way to library story-time for smallest one.

I managed to get a bit done in the garden on saturday - decluttering the brambles - and filled my green bin before it started hailing marbles, which then stayed frozen all day sunday! So in other words I timed in perfectly. I also managed a tip run yesterday - got rid of the poor sad moving light up reindeer that stopped working the christmas before last and some various loft detritus.:j
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm in although probably making it all up as I go along (nothing new then).
    Today I've done a whole lot of pruning as the weather was sunny after what sounded like a very wild windy night. I hate pruning Berberis, they are so viciously spiny. We put a load in 20yrs ago and are gradually removing them; they are pretty but so are lots of other more amenable shrubs! Will shred that lot later if Mr N doesn't beat me to it - his first day back at work and he's meant to be finishing at 2pm; I expect he will be tired.

About to vacuum the bit of floor I've cleared in the office (definitely room of doom), it hasn't seen daylight for ages. Then I can move the couple of things which need to stand there and start sorting the other side. Progress definitely made.

Lunch with a friend at 1pm, garden centre so must not be tempted.

This eve I really want to finish a report to send off tomorrow.

Diary filling up for this week; 4 students at uni tomorrow (after zumba), 2 booked so far on each of Wed & Thurs.

Dusty more virtual hugs for you and your mum.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Having a break after 90 mins flat out flying. Does anyone else leave stuff in the car boot after shopping and then have to nip out between showers to get it in a few days later?

I've decided I'm going to make up the futon in my office for R, much as it's easier to pop him in the superking. The reality is it would make me clean my office properly and it's not too bad but could do with a bit of a titivation, and it would save me having to change the superking after one night which is a faff in it's own right anyway.

Mrs Dog's various bits of soggy towels and bedding washed and dried, yoghurt on, something defrosting for tonight's supper, soup planned for tomorrow, office tidied, bedroom tidied, kitchen tidied and floor swept. I just need a bit of break to get my heart rate back to normal.
    Better is good enough.
  • Busy_granny
    Options
    Thank you Dusty
    I went to Pilates,then started flying but a friend of DH's came and started chatting so I only got up to 'clean out under sink cupboard'.
    Memorial service this afternoon so that's it for today.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Getting through my list slowly 9 but not the flying one!

Just having a quick cuppa and then I need to d a few bits on the pc and DS3 will be home so I'll need to work out a plan for dinner.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • mamaninie
    Options
    well done Elastic - you really have been epically decluttering :T:T

as for us, we've done all the flying tasks and the jobs I needed to do - mustn't forget I've left some mince under the buggy - thats where I leave things Honey Bear rather than the car!

I haven't got to the level 2 tasks and the decluttering yet - once I've finished my cuppa maybe! I do like the format of the new lists - thanks for keeping it fresh and interesting for us Dusty and Natty xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure