Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• Wagster
    Wagster Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been on phone with them for 30 mins or so. Confirmed I will be affected despite lack of notification. I am on 3GB tariff which I got from a third party reseller (forgotten who!). Android phone.

I told them the reduction is not acceptable and I would like to terminate quoting Ofcom 9.3 and their own 30 day policy. He went away and came back offering me a £5 discount for 6 months (I have over a year left) but with the lowered 500MB limit. I said no dice as I want the 3GB and he spoke of their add-on to 3GB for £15 a month. I explained that even with the discount this would be a 50% increase in my monthly bill and so I would like to cancel. Requested a PAC and was transferred to Cancellations.

Cancellations immediately told me I would have to pay a penalty (not told how much yet) but I quoted Ofcom 9.3 at him and he went away to check with supervisor. When he came back he said he had to check further as he was unfamiliar with this regulation. He will call me back in 10-15 minutes. Now I wish I had asked how much they were going to charge as penalty!! Although I'm sure they'll still try to claim a fee when (if) they call back.
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    neas wrote: »
    Stop trolling thisthread jamespir. Leave it to useful information for those affected by this.

If the FUP is advertised at 3gb and a user pays more than another subscriber (orange say) for this limit and say £50 for the phone when he could've got it free... this affected his purchase choice.

If they advertised 500mb to start with nobody would take them up they'd just go for orange (same limit), orange wednesday and cheaper tariffs.

so because i have a different point of view im trolling now am i

its not advertised at 3gb though is it its advertised as unlimited

you get told by the chappy in the store or on the phone its 3gb

you still get unlimited web so nothings changed except the amount of usage
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jamespir wrote: »
    but your paying for your tariff which hasnt changed and you still techinically get unlimted web (althought there has been a limit of 3gb) its now less but you still got it

No, it has changed. Now when you hit 500Mb, you will be prevented from streaming. At the moment, you can stream up to 1Gb/3Gb before they consider any action (which was just a warning)

I suggest you read back through this thread for some of the technicalities of the issue.
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wagster wrote: »
    Cancellations immediately told me I would have to pay a penalty (not told how much yet) but I quoted Ofcom 9.3 at him and he went away to check with supervisor. When he came back he said he had to check further as he was unfamiliar with this regulation. He will call me back in 10-15 minutes. Now I wish I had asked how much they were going to charge as penalty!! Although I'm sure they'll still try to claim a fee when (if) they call back.

I will be very interested to see how they try and dismiss Ofcom 9.3.
  • jamespir
    Options
    With 30 days notice ad the t&c's state, read them before posting your stupid comments

How many days till the 1st of Feb? And almost all of us havnt had any notice...

The internet is a core service in our contracts so if any change is made then we have the right to cancel without any termination fee

it was announced before the first of jan so they ahve given you 30 days
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • andyroid20
    Options
    In response to the fool working for the man. The contract was sold with a free booster as part of the contract to give you 3gb of internet. This was sold as a necessary part of core services as the representatives outlined the need for higher usage on smartphones. Hence even if they are allowed by their term to change again use policy they cannot in anyway argue it to be fair. And the jaffa cake analogy was totally irrelevant. T-mobile are making such pathetic arguments. Are you the MD perchance?
  • baker69
    baker69 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Is everybody simply looking for an excuse to get out of their deal early?

I only ask as I made 2 calls to t-mobile and without a great deal of fuss they've given me the mobile broadband plus booster for ~£5 per month and added a loyalty discount to my account to cancel out the fee, and confirmed that this booster won't be reduced from 3gb in February.
  • jamespir
    Options
    maxtweenie wrote: »
    Yet again you are talking out of your !!!!!!. The first notice anyone had of this change was when T-mobile sent messages to some customers (about 8%) and posted it on their website on Monday 10th January.

What's the matter with you today? Have you got a sick day off school?

it was in the paper plus i got my sim only bill thorugh the post on the third of jan and it was on their too
  • jamespir
    Options
    Extras can be removed/changed at the request of the customer. The internet access cannot be removed or changed at the request of the customer. Therefore it isnt an extra. If it isnt an extra its a CORE SERVICE!!!!!!!

the unlimted internt bundle is an extra
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    baker69 wrote: »
    Is everybody simply looking for an excuse to get out of their deal early?

I only ask as I made 2 calls to t-mobile and without a great deal of fuss they've given me the mobile broadband plus booster for ~£5 per month and added a loyalty discount to my account to cancel out the fee, and confirmed that this booster won't be reduced from 3gb in February.

Not at all. However I would be very careful to check whether your internet allowance stays at 3GB from February, as most people have been quoted in excess of £10 for the internet bundle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure