The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Comments

• Beanie, you know what I would love from my daughters when they're old enough? A letter telling me what some of their favourite memories of childhood were, something I'd done or said that's stayed with them into adulthood, something like that. Corny, but mums are corny when it comes to our children!

I've picked myself up from a slow start and can now declare NSD5 & NSD6. And today's looking like a strong contender for #7. I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this game.

I'm just going to complain for a second if that's okay. DH and I 'divided and conquered' with the girls this weekend, because we've been feeling like they're both missing out on dedicated parental attention a lot recently. So I took the older one out for some special one-on-one time Saturday (playground, packed snacks and juice, and a chat sitting on the grass) while he took the younger out (to a hardware shop where he spent $135 on various things 'while he was there'). Sunday he took the older one out; Botanic Gardens, lunch at the cafe, bought a couple of heirloom plants, stopped at the fish shop to buy some guppies, had a coffee. I took the younger; walked up and down country lanes with the stroller, picked up a couple of books from the library, gave her some dried fruit to snack on while she toddled around in the grass.

So my weekend's total spends: $11 for coffee with a friend (I bought her and her daughter's drinks, she'll buy next time). His weekend's total spends: about $200. ARGH.

Okay, I feel better, thank you for that!
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thanks for the birthday suggestions.
    My mum is more than aware of the situation and has said to buy nothing.It just makes me feel bad and sad.
    I am not crafty, nor do I own a camera.i dont seem to have anything to offer.
    Just get her round for tea and cakes and a gossip, Beanie, she will love that! Sometimes Time is the most valuable gift of all.
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Ohhh, a slap with the soggy paintbrush and manky kipper for saying that - you have yourself to offer you mum and that will mean more to her than anything you can buy. x

Ditto beanie, you have yourself to offer. Some mums would love to spend all day with their daughters just having a gossip and lots of cups of tea (and maybe some cake to go with it).

Chin up hun, you're sounding really down in the dumps at the moment, sending you a massive (((((hug))))) xx
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Evening everyone :wave:

Another update on the way, this is going to be a quick one I’m afraid as I seem to have hurt my wrist today sorting through piles of stuff.........

First of all a big THANK YOU to Freeby for another fabby update, you’re a star x

Welcome back to:

:hello: milann - good to see you again and sorry about the cc bill, I think we’ve all been there. Freeby will add you to the front page tomorrow and good luck with nabbing your 10 NSDs.. you can do it

Well done to:

:j:j:jarmchairexpert - a brilliant pair of NSDs nabbed taking you to no 6, that’s fantastic... and as for your DH.. you rant away......

:j:j:jBaileys Babe - a fabby NSD no 5 nabbed, keep going you’re over halfway now

:j:j:jbeanie - yay to a brilliant NSD no 8, you really are steaming ahead.

:j:j:jBMF - yay to a brilliant NSD no 8, you really are steaming ahead..... and I sympathise re the body thermometer...

:j:j:jbt1 - a fabby NSD no 4 nabbed. You’re doing brilliantly, there’s nothing slow about that. Keep going, you can do it.

:j:j:jCandlewick - yay to NSD no 7 and a fantastic 5 in-a-row. You really are on a roll now, keep going

:j:j:jcouldsavemore - a brilliant NSD no 6 grabbed firmly by the collar, well done you.

:j:j:jDragon - yay to a brilliant NSD no 8, you really are steaming ahead

:j:j:jemsloves - yay to a brilliant NSD no 8, you really are steaming ahead. Fingers crossed for lots more next week

:j:j:jETO - woohoo to NSD no 4 and bread and butter pudding, one of my favourites. Glad you had a chill day today and some cuddles from bunny

:j:j:jfedup... - well done for NSD no 2, you’re getting there

:j:j:jJelly Biactiol - yay to a brilliant NSD no 8, you really are steaming ahead.

:j:j:jJonesy88 - yay to a brilliant NSD no 7, you really are steaming ahead, and well done for the fleabay sale

:j:j:jkatholicos - yay to a brilliant NSD no 7, you really are steaming ahead.

:j:j:jmarmite - a brilliant NSD no 6 grabbed firmly by the collar and yay to 3 in-a-row, you’re definitely on a roll

:j:j:jMissE001 - well done for NSD no 2, you’re getting there. Fingers crossed working in your usual office brings in lots more

:j:j:jModestyB - a brilliant NSD no 6 grabbed firmly by the collar, well done you. Ahhh... your DH does sound lovely and woohoo to 40 years, I’m glad it doesn’t seem that long.

:j:j:jpositivelypurple - well done for a fantastic run of NSDs taking you to no 4, that’s brilliant. I’m sure you’ll find the other 11 rolling around somewhere. Good to see you back

:j:j:jrising - a fabby NSD no 3 nabbed, well done you. It’s probably a good idea for you not to stress yourself out over NSDs this month as well as everything else. Enjoy your time off and see you in March

:j:j:jSazdaz - woohoo indeed to NSD no 4 and a fabby 2 in-a-row. Fingers crossed for no 5 today, hope you put your blinkers on in the shop

And hello to:

wildcherry - fingers crossed for lots of NSDs to follow and yay to the new dress and a great day

karenccs67 - oh dear, sorry about the car battery, sometimes life just gets in the way of our NSD plans. Fingers crossed for some more this week

Nargle - I so agree re the weather, I hate this time of year. Hope your tooth is OK, hope your Dad is OK and that your IVA review goes well

Debtbusterintraining - don’t lose heart, there’s still plenty of time to nab those pesky NSDs

BDINI - good to see you and I’m not surprised you slept for hours having finally got out of that place. Your lovely dad just wants your company, hope you’re enjoying the time with him.
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Evening all

Wow I just lurve you NSD's

Wildcherry, thankyou, you reminded me I have a photo to pick up from a Gripon voucher:eek:
    Nargle, thank you, forgot I'd still got some Mr T vouchers, that'll help me out with a shop:)

Rising, welcome to the 'too busy to check in team' but we made it back here didn't we :wave::wave:

Armchair, sure your DC, will have appreciated your time just as much without the spend...but I can see why a moan was needed_pale_

Beanie, my DF (God rest his soul) used to get an immense amount of pleasure from telling his friends, neighbour, nurses, milkman or anyone else who might listen that his DD (me) had come to visit him on his birthday/Xmas/Bank Holiday etc, and yet he'd give the petrol money. Can't put a price on time:T

So thanks everyone, for sending me reminders, happy memories and making me realise its not just me who struggles to make it all happen :rotfl:.

NSD 7 of 15 today thank you kind updating people
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Good Morning :)

Thanks for the update spoony :A I hope that wrist is feeling better.

Front pages are all done :)

Have a great Monday :D
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    There are

of us taking part in the February NSD Challenge

and so far we have collected

286 NSDs

:T:T:T:T:T
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • NSD # 5 on Friday. Halfway, am I gonna get there???
  • the weekend brought NS 4 & 5 for me. everything i spent had been budgeted for so no classed. :)
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Here to report NSD#4 and #5 for Friday and today.
  • Good Morning,

2 more NSD to report bringing my total to 3 :)

Happy Monday everyone :)
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business