Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 24

Comments

• Vic73_2
    Vic73_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Hi, not sure if this is right place or been posted but impulse bodyspray on offer for £1 at tescos but certain scents have 50p coupon front making it 50p. I bought 2 tonight but please only take the coupon off the impulse that your going to buy cos I saw quite a few with coupns torn off
  • brandobhoy wrote: »
    no longer works , says We're sorry, the coupon offer that you requested has ended and we cannot give out any more coupons.

50% off Whiskas Pouch (Coupon value £1.93) Register / Login to print
    http://www.whiskas.co.uk/coupons/AdultPouch50.aspx

Gutted!!

I'm getting ended too.total bummer :(
  • Milo90
    Milo90 Posts: 344 Forumite
    Official policy communicated to all Tesco staff:

From Monday, 31 October we will no longer accept coupons from other retailers. This includes all types of coupons issued by Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Morrisons, Waitrose, Marks and Spencer, Co-op , Aldi etc, including their spend and save, Brand Match and Price Guarantee vouchers.
    We have made this change because:
    - We are committed to helping our customers spend less and always having the best price on their favourite brands and on our own label ranges.
    - We have already dropped the price on the nation’s shopping list with over 3000 ‘Price Drops’ which are simple and straightforward. Everyone saves, every basket gets cheaper and we want to continue investing in great prices for our customers rather than in refunding our competitors’ vouchers.
    - We have seen a significant increase in the amount of coupons our competitors are issuing, not least as they are having to refund their customers when we are cheaper than them.
    - We are the only retailer to accept competitor coupons
    The new Tesco coupon policy is simple - we accept all Tesco and supplier /product coupons as long as the customer has purchased the product. We will continue to issue, and therefore accept, Tesco Price Check coupons to our customers in the rare occasion their shopping would have been cheaper in Asda and will continue to invest a huge amount in rewarding our customers with Tesco spend and save and Clubcard points coupons.

I have bolded one part to show that the previous information given by a couple of new members is completely rubbish.
    Tesco will NOT accept coupons if you have not purchased the product.
    Remember You're a Womble !! Keep Tesco Tidy. :beer:
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Milo90 wrote: »
    Official policy communicated to all Tesco staff:

<snip>
    - We have seen a significant increase in the amount of coupons our competitors are issuing, not least as they are having to refund their customers when we are cheaper than them.
    </snip>

Another load of b0110ck5 from Tesco as well :rotfl:

MOST of these are NOT because Tesco are cheaper but because ASDA are BEATING Tesco's prices by 10%
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all.
    Thanks MT for the updated list, much appreciated.

Got to pick up a small parcel from Boots later which is next to a Morries, so hopefully another 3 free Saclas - might try for 6 doing 2 transactions as hubby will be there. He's started stocking up on ales for Xmas (got a few in Tesco on 4 for £5) - he and son have their own little Beer Festival, comparing notes etc. lol

Thanks Milo, hope that includes pdf coupons when buying the product. I think some of the staff are confused!!

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • RootedNomad
    RootedNomad Posts: 3,514 Forumite
    Sorry can't keep up re thanks as some of my buttons have disappeared - will back track later

Thanks again to Nudge on the newspaper thread - todays Mail offering:

Page 36 Coupons for £5 Off at Tesco, valid to 2/11

£1 Off 2x 500g Packs Lurpak Spreadable

£1 Off £5 Spend on Chilled Party Food

£1 Off £4 Spend on Yoghurts

£1 Off Kleenex For Men Twin pack

£1 Off £5 Spend on Chilled Pies, Quiches and Scotch Eggs

Page 36 Coupon for £5 Off £25 Spend on Remington Stylist
    Range at Boots, valid to 15/11

Page 36 Coupon for £5 Off £30 Spend instore at Debenhams
    valid to 28/10

Page 46 Coupon for £2.70 Off Easy Living Magazine, valid
    at WH Smiths and Waitrose until 31/10

Page 46 Free Duvet Offer Token

If you do pricecheck, I can recommend the Activia intensely creamy 4 pack using the above coupon

2 for £4 at T, but £3 with the coupon £1 each at A, so £2 back.
  • RootedNomad
    RootedNomad Posts: 3,514 Forumite
    edited 27 October 2011 at 8:13AM
    And want to add a big thanks to MT for the updated shopping list. I seem to have several shopping lists on the go at any one time, sometimes more than one for the same store if I am pricechecking or APGing. Did my first Sainsbury Brand match yesterday too. The shopping lists really help. Some days it seems unnecessarily complicated and a lot of effort (and I wonder if I am slightly barmy), but i am fortunate in having all of the "big 4" nearby and am on a very tight budget. A combination of using coupons and shopping around and using the various price comparison promotions really does make a massive massive difference - my thanks to all who contribute to this xxx

Someone has mentioned earlier (thank you!) that the Dettol no touch is back up in T. Does anyone know if this compares as I have a £40 conditional spend to use up before Monday and this would be useful with the £3 off voucher and the £1 off wys £5 on household products too. Would I get £5 back on the pricecheck? Thanks
  • NEW MCDONALDS VOUCHERS

http://e-edition.metro.co.uk/2011/10/27/?p=System.Int32[]&keywords=voucher&sh=true

IN TODAYS METRO EDITION PAGE 46.
    October wins- Crate of reloaded
    November Wins- 2x chapsticks
    December wins- Pringles speakers

No big wins so far.......:o
    -Loves winning-
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    What did you buy in Sainsburys for Brand Match and did your list work?
    And want to add a big thanks to MT for the updated shopping list. I seem to have several shopping lists on the go at any one time, sometimes more than one for the same store if I am pricechecking or APGing. Did my first Sainsbury Brand match yesterday too. The shopping lists really help. Some days it seems unnecessarily complicated and a lot of effort (and I wonder if I am slightly barmy), but i am fortunate in having all of the "big 4" nearby and am on a very tight budget. A combination of using coupons and shopping around and using the various price comparison promotions really does make a massive massive difference - my thanks to all who contribute to this xxx

Someone has mentioned earlier (thank you!) that the Dettol no touch is back up in T. Does anyone know if this compares as I have a £40 conditional spend to use up before Monday and this would be useful with the £3 off voucher and the £1 off wys £5 on household products too. Would I get £5 back on the pricecheck? Thanks
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    quoia wrote: »
    Another load of b0110ck5 from Tesco as well :rotfl:

MOST of these are NOT because Tesco are cheaper but because ASDA are BEATING Tesco's prices by 10%

I dont think its other stores issuing MOCs - I think what they mean are the newspaper conditional spends.

I think stores have realised that putting an advert in a newspaper with a list of their special offers costs them a lot but does not bring in many extra customers. Quite often daily newspapers have adverts from 2 or three stores and the adverts all bur into one.

But if a store puts adverts into a daily newspaper with a £5 wys £25 or similar voucher that does make the store stand out and it will get extra customers through the door. A few will also know that these vouchers can be used in Tesco as well but I doubt wether this is well known. The newspapers also love them as they make extra newspaper sales.

I am also doubting that other stores dont take conditional spends. I am almost sure one of my Sainsburys had/has a poster by the till to say that they accept Asda spend and saves. Have to photograph this if its there next time I go in.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure