Maximising income - Mystery Shopping? Surveys? (Part Two)

Due to the very long thread that has developed on this topic I have been asked to start part two as long threads slow the site down. I have copied the main info from post one on the old thread into this one thanks to Leni who started the original thread and all contributors.

Happy shopping!

Nearlyrich BG

MYSTERY SHOPPING ADVICE

COMPANIES USED BY CURRENT MSE Mystery Shoppers

Grassroots

www.grgresearch.com
Allocation of Jobs – via email or telephone calls
Pay Day – Varies but usually 3-4 weeks after your assignment by BACS
TAX – Self Employed (you sort your own)

Retaileyes
www.retaileyes.co.uk
Allocation of Jobs – Self allocation, you need to keep checking the website
Pay Day – 15th of the month following your assignment by cheque or BACS

GapBuster
www.gapbuster.com/
Allocation of Jobs - Self allocation, you need to keep checking the website
Pay Day – 24th of the month following your assignment by BACS

TNS
www.tns-global.com (Click Mystery Shopping Link in Pink, bottom Left)
Allocation of Jobs -
Pay Day – 28th of the month following the assignment
TAX – Employed, TNS will sort your tax out for you!

BAI
www.baidata.com
Allocation of Jobs – Self allocation although they contact you to tell you if you were successful in obtaining that assignment.
Pay Day – 15th of the month following the assignment
Tax –

GFK/NOP
http://www.gfknop.co.uk/sectors.asp?go=myst

Pay Day = Every 2nd Thursday (pay claims to be submitted the 1st Thursday of the month)

Retail Maxim
www.retail-maxim.co.uk
Allocation of Jobs -
Pay Day –
Tax –

TAX

If you wish to do Mystery Shopping, even just one job, you need to register with the Inland Revenue within 3 month or you could face a fine of £100.

Forms and Guidelines you will need –

Self Employed people with small earnings Guidance - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cf10.pdf

To register as Self Employed you will need to either ring the IR (Inland Revenue) ON 08459 15 45 15 or download and send back the form CWF1 (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cwf1.pdf )

You may also be required to pay National Insurance at the rate of £2.10 a week, but only if you earn more than £4345 after expenses in any one year THROUGH Self Employment. This means earning more than £4345 in addition to you other employment. If you think you will earn less than £4345 in the financial year, then you can apply for a “Certificate of Small Earnings Exception” which means you will not have to pay NI (National Insurance) Contributions. The Exception application can be found at the end of this document CF10 - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cf10.pdf

Information on Self Assessment - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/selfemp.htm
Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Thanks, Nearlyrich, for all the invaluable work you do on this board, and for putting the lovely sticky first post :D
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • pondie1
    pondie1 Posts: 1,704
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    can someone help,im stuck on the training quiz on gfk/nop are we allowed to ask for answers on this,i keep gettin several wrong etc,driving me mad tryin to get past that part
  • Genie75
    Genie75 Posts: 77 Forumite
    pondie1 wrote: »
    can someone help,im stuck on the training quiz on gfk/nop are we allowed to ask for answers on this,i keep gettin several wrong etc,driving me mad tryin to get past that part

If you open two browsers then you can check the training as you do the test. If you get really stuck, then contact NOP. They'll be happy to help and sometimes it's something as simple as a question not being changed to match a new scenario.
  • DonnaP
    DonnaP Posts: 458 Forumite
    Hi

I have finally got my first assignment this weekend! I have been registered for a while but have never been quick enough off the mark to get one.

When does the briefing pack arrive generally? The assignment is on Sunday (when should I chase)?

Thanks

Donna
  • Pumpkin_2
    Pumpkin_2 Posts: 104 Forumite
    DonnaP wrote: »
    Hi

I have finally got my first assignment this weekend! I have been registered for a while but have never been quick enough off the mark to get one.

When does the briefing pack arrive generally? The assignment is on Sunday (when should I chase)?

Thanks

Donna

Hi Donna,

Which MS company is it for? TNS seem to be quite slow at sending their packs out, the latest I have ever had one from them is the day of the visit! I would wait until tomorrow lunchtime.
  • DonnaP
    DonnaP Posts: 458 Forumite
    Hi Pumpkin

It is grass roots, but as soon as I posted this message, they sent me the pack!!

Donna
  • catwoman150
    catwoman150 Posts: 974 Forumite
    Have got an assignment with gg on friday and I have just got the paperwork through. When i tried to print it off it only prints some of it. The width is too long to go on the paper when I am printing it.
    Has anyone had the same problem.

If so how are you able to print all the details of it.

Thanks
    cross stitch cafe #90 UFO's 6 to finish in 2013, and loads of new kits to boot
    Refunded bank overdraft charges £915 :j
    SPC 2007-2008 #078 aim £500-£341.67
    SPC 2011-2012 #078 aim £500-£426.42
    SPC 2012-2013 #078aim £500 - TBC
  • jobbingmusician
    Forumite
    Have got an assignment with gg on friday and I have just got the paperwork through. When i tried to print it off it only prints some of it. The width is too long to go on the paper when I am printing it.
    Has anyone had the same problem.

If so how are you able to print all the details of it.

Thanks

Catwoman, are you using Internet Explorer, or are you by chance using another browser such as Firefox? Some of these mystery shopping forms will only work with IE - I keep suffering from this, and wish they would drag their software into the 21st century! :mad:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • catwoman150
    catwoman150 Posts: 974 Forumite
    internet explorer and then I open it up into word.
    cross stitch cafe #90 UFO's 6 to finish in 2013, and loads of new kits to boot
    Refunded bank overdraft charges £915 :j
    SPC 2007-2008 #078 aim £500-£341.67
    SPC 2011-2012 #078 aim £500-£426.42
    SPC 2012-2013 #078aim £500 - TBC
  • jobbingmusician
    Forumite
    Hmmm - i seem to remember this problem before in a very old post - have you tried fiddling with the margins?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure