Amex Credit Card Blagged Deal

Hi guys, we're featuring a new exclusive offer on the site that whilst perhaps not being suitable for everyone, we feel might be a good deal for some of you;
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards#amexrewards

Spend £1,000 on the Amex Rewards* credit card in the first three months and you'll get a bonus 10,000 points, worth £50 in vouchers at retailers such as Amazon and M&S.

Points can take up to a month to hit your Amex account (though we've seen 'em applied on the day you hit the trigger spend). This offer is only available through our link or at MoneySupermarket (we're part of the same group). As soon as your points are in your account, you can convert them into retail vouchers, frequent flyer points, hotel schemes and more.

If you're having issues with this card you can contact Amex by phone on 0800 169 6767.

If you're still struggling, you can post on this thread, below, or reach us via direct email on: voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com
MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager

Comments

• joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    I had a letter from amex yesterday, change to t/cs.
    they no longer charge a dormancy fee on their platinums..
    I only use mine for any promos.
  • Thanks for this deal Ryan. Much easier spending threshold than the gold reward card.
  • MT999
    MT999 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    How is this different to the Gold membership rewards card ?
  • napu2400
    napu2400 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Important from the page: You can't get this card if you've held another Amex Membership Rewards card within the past six months.
  • I just applied and received my new Amex rewards card with this offer, the card is beautiful! however after the incentive when you spend a £1 you receive a point, so to receive a £50 reward in the future you need to spend £10,000 so I wouldn't recommend this card if your looking for a card for the rewards.
  • Thanks you very much
  • Hi all,
    I have just started using my new Amex Platinum cashback card, but also received a 0% balance transfer offer from Halifax.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer my Amex balance to another card and still get the cashback from Amex?

I did call Amex to ask, but I was told that Amex do not allow balance transfers to another card....I then spoke to Halifax who said that Amex they wouldn't have a choice and as far as they are aware it is possible!

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thank you!
  • john2054
    john2054 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Sorry Ryan, but this is a scam. I got the points, and there is nothing i can spend them on, other than a crate of wine, which i don't even want. Please recheck your facts!
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    John,

You say in another thread you have (had) personal problem, and you have my sympathy, but please do not jump from thread to thread stating that anything that has not worked for you because you did not use a particular product as intended is rubbish (e.g MBNA) or if worked for you is the best (e.Barclays/Barclaycard).

Amex Rewards Cards are designed to be used by high spenders and originally frequent travellers. I have had Credit and Charge cards from Amex since 2002 and over the years I have earned enough points/BA Miles/Avios to get several business return flights for two people.

If all you did is to get the card in this article, trigger the 10k bonus and nothing else, then this was never meant to be the product from you. However if you are a member of another "travel scheme" from an Airline or Hotel group, those points could probably be transferred and used for something more meaningful then wines.

Good luck
  • john2054
    john2054 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Thanks March, i guess my attempt to 'play' the system failed me. More fool me.

Thanks for you contribution!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport