New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Have a good week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    That is one early start :( good luck xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Thank you - I am feeling it right now and it is only lunchtime!!!

Moneywise - I've bought a second phone so that I can run the various clicks and surveys apps in the background without eating up all my "normal" phone battery all the time. I'm fed up of keeping it within reach of a socket to charge it and this morning I forgot my charger completely so ran out of battery before I'd even made it to work.....so the £24.99 on a basic android phone will hopefully be an investment both in terms of continuing to make "free" money, and reducing my stress levels!!!

And Breathe. And get coffee.....
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Hope you have survived the day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,159
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm feeling tired and I managed to get a lie-in, heaven knows how you must be feeling tonight Betterthan :o Hope you can get your feet up and have a nice glass of something ;)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £1566
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've bought a second phone so that I can run the various clicks and surveys apps in the background without eating up all my "normal" phone battery all the time. I'm fed up of keeping it within reach of a socket to charge it and this morning I forgot my charger completely so ran out of battery before I'd even made it to work......
    I'm nearly ready to use your referral and start pestering you as you advise :D new phone is here, new sim card was ordered yesterday, will be here on Thursday. I'll start switching my number tomorrow :) and then I'm going to teach my brother how to do it all :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Hurrah, KC! I'm here for you (and your brother!) when required!

I'm so tired - another early one today and I have a head which feels like it is hungover, when it is really just tired. A full on day today with an event that I have to attend this evening for clients, which means I won't be home til about 10....then have to think of something for dinner. Bah to all that!

But in free money news, £5 hit my account from SB last night, and £5 reward from my TSB current account that I recently added to my current account portfolio.
  • Well, I just about made it through yesterday! Did spend £11 on takeaway on the way home though, for me and DH as I really did not fancy cooking at 10pm again. In my change I was given 2 x £2 coins which automatically go in the holiday pot too.

It's officially half way through the working week, though so I can start to look forward to a bit of a lay in on Saturday. Gosh I feel so old!

Moneywise not much to report. I need milk so not quite a NSD but there is a fair bit on shopmium that will help stretch the shopping budget a bit when I do my list at the weekend will more than offset what I have spent during the week. I'm waiting for another £5 to hit my account from SB and hope to be able to request another one later this evening. As long as the steady trickle keeps coming through, I'll be ok. I'm still ahead of my targets that I set when I rejoined MSE so I can't really complain (although I would like more, and I would like it NOW please!!!).
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Of course you want more.
    We know you of old :rotfl:

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,159
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Free roast potatoes on Shopmium today Betterthan ;)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £1566
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family