Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• Larac wrote: »
    Don't you also have to show that the 16 hours that you work are at least getting minimum wage? Somebody on another forum got involved with tax credits and the HMRC and their accounts went under a 'forensic' examination and wanted to see hours versus wages. Alot of MS work falls well below this, so guess you need to get 'creative' with the hours.
    I don't get minimum wage from MS and haven't been scrutinised. Perhaps it depends if you are saying that that is the TOTAL income you get. If so, they would no doubt want to know how you survive and pay your bills.
    If MS is one job of a few then presumably the others would make up for it?
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I don't get minimum wage from MS and haven't been scrutinised. Perhaps it depends if you are saying that that is the TOTAL income you get. If so, they would no doubt want to know how you survive and pay your bills.
    If MS is one job of a few then presumably the others would make up for it?

They needed to show that their income was equivalent of 16 hours minimum wage and the hours they worked to achieve it. They also had to show a business plan on how they intended to improve the profitabilty of their business going forward. I think your OK as long as you don't end up on the end of an investigation, then they start asking questions around the sustainability of your self employment.
  • Just looked at MFs job board, certain bakery. Fee has gone from a small fee to nothing. Everyone should stop doing these shops as this is wrong imo.

Probably due to the minimum download on app
  • missymouse wrote: »
    Just looked at MFs job board, certain bakery. Fee has gone from a small fee to nothing. Everyone should stop doing these shops as this is wrong imo.

I noticed this too and had the exact same conversation with Mrs Baker. I now see they've all disappeared however.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • Hi there

I registered a couple of months ago as a Mystery Shopper for Ipsos and I must say I've had a really good experience so far!
    I was reading the discussion and I noticed that Ipsos isn't listed in here, but I'd like to mention it cause I really think it's worthy a try :)

If anyone here is interested, you can easily register through their ishopforipsos webpage

Cheers :)
  • sulkisu
    sulkisu Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    Hi,
    Yes it does, you need to register with HMRC as self employed even if you don't make a profit.
    WTC will use your estimated figures to work out any benefit due. You need to make up final accounts by Jan 2018 for work in 2016/7 tax year and submit these to HMRC.
    Once your accounts are approved by HMRC you can let WTC know the final figure and any adjustment will take place. That figure will be used for a provisional WTC benefit for the next tax year.
    You need to work a minimum of 16 hours a week, but this can include writing reports, looking for work etc.
    PM me if you need more advice x

Thank you. Can I include time spent travelling to/from assignments when calculating my hours or just the time spent actually the assignment (e.g. time spent in store)?
  • Anyone put they are a MS on a job application which is unconnected to your present employment. I didn't today but really it is quite a skill in some senses and it makes you slightly different maybe?
  • missymouse wrote: »
    Just looked at MFs job board, certain bakery. Fee has gone from a small fee to nothing. Everyone should stop doing these shops as this is wrong imo.

I had accepted one of these assignments and was contacted to communicate the error that MF had performed. They accidentally put some of the jobs' fees as £0 (mine was not one of these) and also stated different visit times in the assignment specification and the assignment notes. This was rectified and every job was of course given the usual fee.
  • GFK are looking for shoppers with limited mobility or hearing loss for a possible contract. You can also accompany someone who is disabled.
  • Have Retail Active had a mass cull of staff? Been getting lots of begging emails from newbies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback