Thanks for all of the support...

Options
Just to update quickly, when DH got home from work today we sat and looked at our finances and decided that if we pooled my PPI repayment and his together we could just wipe out my debts all together...which I have just finished doing....it's the fastest £9000 ever spent! :eek::eek:
I will however be paying him back the amount that I would have been paying towards my DMP easch month, it's just this way there will be no late payment fees, interest, paperwork etc...amd my credit file will start to improve a lot sooner (not that I plan on using it!)

I feel much better now knowing that I do not owe any institutions any money, only DH and that that will be paid off in 18 months :T Then hopefully, I can start helping him save up a bit to pay his debts off early and we can both move on debt free together :)

Thanks to all who have answered questions I have had along the way up to now...:T:T:T

p.s if you are considering mking a claim on PPI, it is definitley worth it, I nearly didn't as I didn't have any of my old paperwork!

Comments

• Wood.Justin
    Options
    That's a really positive step for you both! Congrats.

I'm curious about the PPI claims, I had one with MBNA but it was actually quite obvious once I had looked at the paperwork. In some instances it's not always so straight forward.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport