beware expedia secret saver rate

Options
Last week booked the St George Hotel, Gloucester Place, London with an Expedia secret saver rate of 285 GBP only to discover that the hotel's own website was quoting 250 GBP total price and including free cancellation. Expedia have refused to refund the difference. So if you're thinking of booking a 4 star hotel in the "Bloomsbury-Marble Arch area" through Expedia think again!

Comments

• I was just burnt by Expedia Secret Saver and will never use it again (or Expedia). I picked an Expedia Secret Saver hotel which cost £346 but after paying for the deal you get directed to the normal rates for that hotel... £250 for exactly the same room, same days!!! Basically Expedia used Secret Saver to scam a far higher price than the current one for the hotel. So far Expedia have refused to acknowledge any wrong doing or refund any money.

You have been warned, Expedia Secret Saver may result in you paying a far higher price!!!
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So you bought at a price/terms you were happy with but then found a lower price and expect to be refunded the difference ?

Your warning is valid but it's certainly not a scam
  • treppenlaeufer
    Options
    Wish I'd seen this thread earlier, booked hotel in Rome with expedia secret saver rate, which promises to be up to 40% cheaper. Fair deal for not really knowing where the hotel would be.

However, in my case it also turned out that the secret saver rate was far more expensive than the rate which I could book directly through the hotel chain's own website, or other booking sites.

Grossly misleading, expedia customer service is not having any of this and wished me a pleasent trip instead... (in reply to my email bringing this to their attention).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure