PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Your favourite OS thread???

Options

Comments

• bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Olliebeak wrote: »
    I'm in here everyday (sometimes 2 or 3 times a day) for a good browse/nosey at what everybody is doing. Sometimes I just 'lurk' - but if somebody asks a question that I've got any experience of - then I'll throw in my two-penn'orth in case it's of any use to anybody.

I'm constantly amazed at the younger posters and some of the ideas/wisdom that they've come by - it's great to see that 'thrifty homemaking' is alive and [strike]well[/strike]thriving in the hands of, what is often perceived as, the materialistic, wasteful generation :T .

Well done to all our younger posters on here - you are doing us all proud - and bringing up the next generation in a wholesome manner :beer: !

Here, here!!!

Bella
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can't believe my posts have been mentioned specifically.. I am quite flattered.. thank you!

I always read the weightloss, flylady and enough is enough.. I usually have all 3 open at the same time.

I read the ones with questions in the titles.

I love the ones with pics as well.. mrbadexamples cake thread for example was fabulous... photos AND cake!!

on the threads mentioned above I read ALL the posts..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone know where Kethry is? I've missed her. Not seen SammyKaye either.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • C1aire
    C1aire Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    1. I enjoy reading anything with a recipe in it, the menu plans, anything that mentions a Lidl bargain or similar (though I don't live near a Lidl :(). Anything that promises to simplify my life. Anything craft-based, so although I can't knit anything more than a scarf and can only sort of crochet, the sewing thread is my current favourite. I have the same relationship with my sewing machine that people have their BMs and SCs! Also anything that lets me see how other people do the OS thing e.g. Sammykaye's shopping/the storecupboard challenges. Oh, and the ones with pictures!

2. Always keep an eye on the sewing one.

3. Can't think of anyone in particular, its always the title that grabs my attention (sorry!)
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.
  • sandieb
    sandieb Posts: 728 Forumite
    Options
    Shabby Chic thread at the moment.
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i get stupidly excited at the prospect of my weekly mealplan :o (hi pen pincher :hello: ) once its on the thread then its set in stone and i HAVE to stick to it, or thereabouts.

i just love the fact that i can check out any queries without feeling stupid and that there seems to be experts in the most weird and wonderful subjects, (anyone for squirell butchery :confused: )

love the memory threads too, 1960's meal plans etc

i think am just fundementaly nosey and love to know what goes on in everyone elses lives (especially their kitchens) :o
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just love the OS threads. Daily OS - well they are my friends. Like to keep a check on the techie board as I sometimes have needs there. Had issues recently with flooring and a lot of help on DIY Board. In fact also keep an eye on Greenfingured. Just tend to browse. Sometimes dip in to the MoneySavingArms!

GB xxx
  • Cookie_monster_7
    Options
    There are so many fantastic threads on this forum. I love it when some old thread that is 2 years old is resurrected with fantastic advice or fascinating reading. So.... what is your favourite???
  • bbsparkles
    Options
    Easily Thriftlady's Wartime Ration experiment. Kept me glued to the computer for days!
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Mbaz's feed the family for £20 for a month is mine :D but it's very hard to choose. My most regularly visited threads are the OS Daily, Quick Questions & Grocery Challenge - not that I spend too long on here mind you :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure