has anyone had dealings with Kerobo Claims Ltd

I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have a loan and a credit card cancelled as they have been missold. Has anyone heard of this company, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.

Comments

• maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have a loan and a credit card cancelled as they have been missold. Has anyone heard of this company, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.

Hi There

If you put Kerobo Claims in the search engine you will find that this has been mentioned many times before. How much did you pay them up front to give you that information. Do they take it through the FOS themselves or are the Solicitors involved. Also how much are they taking of your refund (or winnings) whichever way you wish to look at it.

I would advise caution with these companies unless they have been personally recommended by somebody who has used their system and been successful.

Good Luck
    :mad:
  • melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Kerobo Ltd are Ministry of Justice regulated but I still wouldn't use a claims company when you can do it yourself.

If you want to check a company is regulated have a look here http://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/search.aspx

(Solicitors and charities don't need to be regulated by the MOJ by the way because they have their own regulators)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,035
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MoJ authorisation is a doddle to get and the MoJ are a very weak regulator. I wouldnt rely on that alone.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • natweststaffmember
    natweststaffmember Posts: 12,063 Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »
    MoJ authorisation is a doddle to get and the MoJ are a very weak regulator. I wouldnt rely on that alone.
    If they are authorised then it is at least a good start ;)
    other questions I would look at is whether they charge up front fees

what other questions do you think the OP's who ask this question a lot should ask themselves?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have all my credit card's cancelled as they have been missold.

They use this website to advertise, Has anyone heard of this company, has anyone completed this sucessfully, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.

They are asking for £350 to action - can't afford to lose anymore so please advise? Confused in need of help?

Thank you:eek:
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have all my credit card's cancelled as they have been missold.

They use this website to advertise, Has anyone heard of this company, has anyone completed this sucessfully, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.

They are asking for £350 to action - can't afford to lose anymore so please advise? Confused in need of help?

Thank you:eek:
    I would advise you not to touch them with a barge pole. You should not go with a company who wants 350 up front. You could claim them back yourself if you feel you have been miss sold and it will not cost you anything.
    :mad:
  • Can anybody tell me how i go about tacking the issue of missold loans. Kerobo have told me that i do have a claim but want £495 up front, if i can do this myself or cheaper that would be great.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Can anybody tell me how i go about tacking the issue of missold loans. Kerobo have told me that i do have a claim but want £495 up front, if i can do this myself or cheaper that would be great.
    Probably better on the loans thread maybe if this only for the loan. Lots of info on there.
  • I have recently contacted Kerobo Claims to see about reclaiming my PPI i was mis sold on a loan back in 2004.

I have read a number of threads on this web site saying that i may not be able to claim back one of my loans as i defaulted and it went to court

I originally took out a loan with HFC bank, they added £5000 in PPI, I have since joined Eurodebt who manage all my debts on a Debt management Plan. I defaulted on my HFC loan and they managed to get an insert against my property through the Land Registry that if i sell my house or re mortgage i have to have their permission.

I have read on this web site that because it has gone to Court there is nothing i can do about this debt.

I have explained all this to Kerobo Claims and they still think they can take it to Court and get the whole debt written off as un enforcible,

Does anyone have any dealings with this company as i dont want to be lead down the garden path.

HELP !!!!!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,035
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Many claims companies will tell a bunch of lies to get you to sign up. Many employ low skilled sales staff who havent a clue about what you can and cant do but are targetted and paid on the basis of those that get to sign up.

There are a few threads on this company on this website and I suggest you do a forum search for them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure