Urgent help needed (bank accounts)

Comments

• Appreciate it. I feel like I can enquire them without the CIFAS report because they are the only ones to blame. But i will go ahead with the CIFAS proccess and hopefully get a result.

My life is on pause right now literally.
  • And what happens if the bank refuse to remove the marker?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    And what happens if the bank refuse to remove the marker?

If that's their final response to your formal complaint (they've got 8 weeks to issue a final response to a complaint) you can then complain to the Financial Ombudsman (for free) for an independent decision and they can order Nationwide to remove the CIFAS data if they uphold your complaint.
  • Thank you. Financial ombudsman seem like a reliable source. Well hopefully this can all be sorted within this month.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In future dont take your bank card out with you, take cash with you unless of course you decide to be tee total when your out and your the designated driver then take your card with you.
  • In future dont take your bank card out with you, take cash with you unless of course you decide to be tee total when your out and your the designated driver then take your card with you.

For sure! Thats if i get a bank card again haha...seems like i wont ever get one after whats happening to me. But appreciate your advice.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    In future dont take your bank card out with you, take cash with you unless of course you decide to be tee total when your out and your the designated driver then take your card with you.

Though I'm still unsure how the simple loss of a bank card overnight can cause what is being alleged...
    ====
  • Losing a card outside can be eligble for a fraudelent bank transfer by someone else. It has happened in many cases, they can also follow you find out your pin and steal it without you having it in a safe place. Its a possibility, all I know is thats what happened according to nationwide however they thought it was me who made the deposit attempt of £1300.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,097 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    le_loup wrote: »
    A strange story:
    Card used to put money INTO an account.
    Activity thought to be illegal.
    Card reported lost.
    Bank closes account.
    Marker put on account holder.
    Bank tells account holder why account closed.
    Account holder does not mind that account closed.
    No loss of money by account holder.

Never heard one like that.
    Heard many where account holder gets paid for money laundering, account closed, bank gives no explanation.

I would love to hear Nationwide's side but unfortunately we won't.

I suspect there's more to the story than we are being told.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    But once I do a SAR, and find out who has a marker on me. I contact them and then they will just deny it or tell me they arent obliged to disclose this sort of information. So what do i do once i get the SAR from CIFAS, seems like I will just be going in circles.

You're getting too far ahead of yourself, wait until you have the data from the SAR and take it from there. Tormenting yourself with "what-ifs" is not a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure