Tesco Online Banking not working

Options
evenasus
evenasus Posts: 11,861 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 29 October 2014 at 9:53PM in Savings & investments
Just a heads up for anyone trying to move money out of Tesco.

On my third attempt at logging in, I managed to get in.
Went though the procedure of moving money out - clicked confirm - then it logged me out.

I've just spoken to an adviser, who informs me that telephone and online banking have not been working properly for the last couple of hours.

What with BT problems and now Tesco - I want to scream!

Comments

• ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I withdrew something okay at about 9.00 this morning.

I must have been just prior to the problem.

Now everyone will blame me. :-)
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
  • naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah. Same here been trying for the past 2 hours. Gives msg about planned maintenance when i try log into my bank account.
    Strange to do maintenance during normal busy working hours!!
  • evenasus
    Options
    naijapower wrote: »
    Yeah. Same here been trying for the past 2 hours. Gives msg about planned maintenance when i try log into my bank account.
    Strange to do maintenance during normal busy working hours!!

Planned maintenance my eye. It's broken? ;)
  • evenasus
    Options
    I've just spoken with a very apologetic, pleasant & helpful chap at Tesco Bank. (I do like UK call centers)

He didn't know when the online banking *cough* maintenance would be finished.
    I wanted to transfer the £10K limit today and intended another £10K tomorrow but the the chap said that he could transfer the £20K today for me.
    I thought about it, then decided to leave it as just the £10K - just in case it spends days lost in cyberspace.

Oh I'm cheesed off today!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    evenasus wrote: »
    I've just spoken with a very apologetic, pleasant & helpful chap at Tesco Bank. (I do like UK call centers)

He didn't know when the online banking *cough* maintenance would be finished.
    I wanted to transfer the £10K limit today and intended another £10K tomorrow but the the chap said that he could transfer the £20K today for me.
    I thought about it, then decided to leave it as just the £10K - just in case it spends days lost in cyberspace.

Oh I'm cheesed off today!

Anything we can do?

You've got £20k in the bank - need any help spending it? :p
  • snoman
    snoman Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    evenasus wrote: »
    Planned maintenance my eye. It's broken? ;)
    You bet! If it were planned, then we would have had some notice. I don't suppose this might have something to do with their new IT software installed last week?

I've been trying to transfer funds to another bank which pays better interest as coincidentally Tesco withdrew my bonus rate over the weekend. Now I am losing interest because of their incompetence.
  • snoman
    snoman Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    "Maintenance" completed.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anyone checked the dates of TB DDs? Is it usual to jump to December before November has been processed?
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Anyone checked the dates of TB DDs? Is it usual to jump to December before November has been processed?

If I remember rightly, The DD request is sent by Tesco Bank approx 3 days before its payment date. As soon as the request is sent, the date is then changed to next months. So there is a 3 day period before DD is received but date of next payment will show as a month later. This of course assumes monthly DD.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    snoman wrote: »
    "Maintenance" completed.
    Been to the site this morning. Nothing looks different. They were advising that there would be visible (i.e. from screen) changes after 24th October when I used to login - which came and went. I did a telephone instruction yesterday lunchtime - no problem - and today I can use the site myself.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport