Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well, the first £69.02 has been paid from the cc - it's what was in my vet fund - woefully short of what I needed... but a start nonetheless, and I have made a start on calling in some other money. I've cashed out on PA and on COS as well. Fingers crossed that arrived before too long. I also have a couple of cheques to cash which should help - they've been sitting around for ages. I'll make a point of getting them sent off for banking asap. I've been putting it off because one is in my maiden name and I need a copy of my marriage certificate to send in with it. But high up on my list for the forthcoming week anyway...
    I got a nap this morning - I was absolutely exhausted after my training session this morning. My trainer has been talking to my physio and has given me a load of exercises that make me feel as though I've stepped out of a 1980's exercise video and really hurt. My right leg muscles are in bad shape - but I will get there.
    After that, me and the kids went into town. They wanted to pokemon hunt and I wanted cheap pasta pots and hot dogs from BM that the kids insist on eating and make me feel like a bad mother. It's been cloudy all day but still really warm. Got my steps in - then got nagged to death by ds until I got off my backside and mowed the lawn. At least I can stop worrying about it being horrific out there for a couple of weeks, but it's still desperate for some tlc that I just don't want to give it.
    Other than that, I've been back on survey sites trying to get my cash on the go again. I can find the time to do it during the summer break. And I've spent an awful lot of time doing crochet as well. I'm making a blanket at the moment which is coming along beautifully.
    Right - time for me to say goodnight.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Happy new diary.

Have subscribed and will be following and supporting you through the next year!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Good morning :hello: - lovely to see so many people over here already. It's nice to have some support when I'm on with my ramblings.
    Not too much planned for today thankfully. Tutoring as usual and a bit of batch cooking. Plus a bit of crochet and a nap if I need one. DH is asleep on the sofa snoring his head off and I'm jealous that I'm not.
    Other than that - nothing to report, which is just the way I like it.
  • Hello just wanted to say that your diary is very helpful. Very envious of all your cats, it must be amazing having so many. Hope your naughty tortie gets better quickly. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Shocker! Today has gone :shhh: pretty much as planned! OK, so I didn't get my nap and I am now very tired. But I did my tutoring, and my cooking, and have done a load of crochet as well - so happy days for me. DS came with me to my tutoring session and talked me into doing the £land challenge with him. For those who can't remember - this is one of my cheap ish ways of keeping the kids entertained. We each take a pound and have to buy what we think is the best thing in the shop. I lost miserably today - dh was desperate for deodorant so I got him 2 tins for my pound. After a long, hard look ds chose a snorkel for him to use in the bath. :rotfl: At least he went in the bath as soon as we got home.
    Other than that - just chilling out - watching telly and crocheting. I made a PAD of £8.64 to round my bank account down and put it onto clearing the cc. Still 5 days until payday and we have our Alton Towers visit the day before payday (I didn't plan that so well but then I suppose that we can't spend what we haven't got).
    Car is in for its annual service tomorrow. Already dreading the hidden costs that may crop up...
  • Morning CCL,

As PF said, you've done it before so you can do it again and we're all here to help in anyway we can.

Hope the service goes well today, always a fearful time in what the bill may come to.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Well, it's been one of those good-news-bad-news kind of days.
    Good news - got the car in for its service - no additional costs at all. It does need a new clutch pedal, but that is covered by the warranty so won't cost me when that arrives and needs to be fitted.
    Good news - got dd into her summer school even though I only found out about it at 10pm last night. Seems her invitation was lost in the post...:cool: So I rang them up this morning and got her in. Of course it meant running about like a headless chicken getting her a packed lunch ready but we got her there.
    Good news - got more crochet done although I've not been very focussed on stuff today.
    Not-so-good-news - forgot to post a letter with some cheques to be paid into my bank.
    Bad news - my mood has gone really downhill today. :( This does tend to happen to me once I actually stop. I have a few days of bliss where I do the usual without the work in the background and then suddenly I feel completely exhausted, lazy, pointless and like I'm getting nowhere. I know that the feeling will pass but it's hit me quite hard today - so much so that I'm planning on heading straight off to bed once I've gotten all of this off my chest. I find that it's usually better for me to sleep it all off and I'll be back to my old self sooner or later :) Trouble is, this mood is compounding my feelings about the even-worse-news, which is ds current behaviour. I'm finding him almost impossible to deal with and have spent most of today worrying about what type of person he's going to grow into. He's incredibly stubborn and way older than his years - and he gets himself into trouble then refuses to back down which makes things worse and worse. Today he threw a brick at his sister. When I asked him why, he said he didn't know. I lost my temper and things quickly escalated out of control and end up with him losing his pocket money/iPad/tv etc. He always shouts at me that I don't care and mustn't love him. I do love him, more than anything in the world, he's my son... But I am so worried about his behaviour and I don't know what to do about it. I think he's too grown up for a 7 year old. I hate his I-don't-care attitude and I feel like I'm always battling with him. He's always sorry once he's calmed down - and we've talked before about him taking time out when he loses his temper rather than saying or doing things that he will regret - but he's not doing that yet. Maybe he's too young for that. But I keep worrying that he's going to do something awful and get arrested once he gets older, and then I'm all telling myself what a rubbish mother I am and thinking what he could turn into if he's like this at age 7. He went to bed at 8pm tonight (which is early for him). I feel like crying. It's the first full week of the hols and he's already got me run ragged. He seems to need to be doing something constantly, and I just want to rest. I don't even know what is normal behaviour for a 7 year old - I just know he's very different to his sister, who is now an 11 year old with raging hormones. :cool:
    Meh, I'm just waffling now. Time for bed and another fresh start in the morning.
    Oh, almost forgot. Little PAD of £5.39 to the cc - good news.:money:
  • oh CCL.. just wanted to send hugs. I'm glad you recognise that your mood will pass once you've had chance to rest, and ease back into your holiday routine. And I hope you don't mind me asking - is 8pm really an early bedtime for your DS? My 12 year old goes to bed at 8..and needs to.
    Maybe your son is just going through a similar phase of 'unsettledness' as it's the first week of the holidays?
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Morning :hello:
    Still a bit low today but not as bad as I was yesterday.
    Bedtime has always been late for my kids to be honest Stepup. It's one thing I've always done. DS usual bedtime is 9pm during the hols and he'll quite happily sleep until 9am the next day. I've always been rubbish with routine :o
    Not many plans today but lots of little things to do. DS and I have been to the hairdressers this morning and I finally posted the couple of letters I'd been hanging onto. I have a physio appointment in a little while, and ds and I have had another long chat about strategies for dealing with his behaviour. So far so good today but he's only been up for 2 hours. See how we're going by 4pm. I'm quite down on myself at the moment and am into my catastrophic thinking, looking at the very worst case scenario in everything.
    I'm going to get on and make a start for the day - fingers crossed for me.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Another late check in. Don't suppose I'm ever going to feel less tired if I don't get an earlier night at some point soon. :o Have to get an early night tomorrow as we're getting away early on Thursday (7am or something ridiculous like that).
    Mood still low but less low than yesterday. Thankfully ds had a much better day than yesterday - we had a couple of tense moments but nothing like the previous days. I did lots of little bits today - paid £7.49 to cc to round bank balance down, physio appointment, hairdressers, fuelled the car, and popped to Aldee for milk, where I came upon some very cheap and totally suitable school uniform for ds. I got everything except his jumpers (I buy school jumpers) and spent less than £20. Which I can barely believe but I am quite happy about. I also got him a pair of combat trousers reduced to £1.49 - which is good for the rate he goes through his clothes. I'm thrilled because it means I can worry less about the more expensive comp uniform I have to buy for dd. She does need school logo stuff and whilst it's not expensive it's certainly not as cheap as Aldee.
    Better news from the physio as well - he doesn't need to see me for a fortnight as long as I keep going with the strengthening exercises and disgustingly difficult stretches he wants me to do. I swear I'm going to be able to do the splits after I've finished there. All because I had a sore knee and ankle...
    Other than that I'm still catching up on crochet. Really enjoying having a bit of time to do that and not having to think too much about work etc.
    Right - best get to bed. Tortie has her post op check at 9am so I need some sleep...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure