Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I did not have a good weekend.

I'm ill. Apparently my body is no longer obeying my instruction that I am now allowed to be ill and after several years of successfully managing to avoid doctors for anything other than basic check-ups, I have a swollen gland, a very painful ear, a headache and generally feel awful. Paracetamol is next to useless.

This is my fault, of course. I've been feeling a little under the weather for a while - ever since that mouth ulcer if I'm honest - but ignored it. It'll go away. It always does. This hasn't gone away and over the past couple of days has erupted into a full-on painful nightmare. Even putting on some headphones is causing me extreme levels of discomfort. Ugh.

GP can't fit me in for an appointment until the end of the week, so sod that. We have a walk-in clinic nearby so I'll go up there later and see what they can do. I don't know whether the infection - I'm assuming it's an infection - is centered in my gland or my ear. I'm wondering whether something nasty from that mouth ulcer managed to find its way to one or the other (or both)... or possibly the mouth ulcer was a symptom of an infection and I treated the symptom rather than the cause? Maybe it wasn't even a mouth ulcer? I just kinda assumed it was. Oh well.

I just need this pain to relent so I'm hoping the walk-in clinic can at least give me a prescription for something a little stronger than paracetamol.

Suffering with that pretty much made up my Sunday. My Saturday was spent in growing pain, and also with uncle's ex-wife and her visit. Didn't even get to see E this weekend because by the time uncle's ex had gone I was feeling too stressed and unwell from the growing discomfort in my face. And still no closer to understanding what she actually visited for.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 August 2016 at 2:17PM
    I don't blame you at all for not telling your family, tea and really FOH should have realised why you wouldn't want to. As Calley said, it must have been a strain on you to keep it quiet for so long. You really are not at fault here no matter how much FOH tries to turn it around onto you. It is cowardly of him to do so, after all you were the one taking the biggest risk after his behaviour before.

That sounds horrid, Lambyr! So sorry you are in so much pain, I really hope the clinic can give you something to take it away. Ear pain is awful and radiates everywhere.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    I don't blame you at all for not telling your family, tea and really FOH should have realised why you wouldn't want to.

Clutching at straws WaS. If it was that big a problem he should have said something. Funny how it only became an issue once he was frantically scrambling round looking for an excuse.

Lambyr - that sounds horrible, you poor thing. I hope the walk in centre are able to help. Bring on the good drugs!! :p
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I don't blame you at all for not telling your family, tea and really FOH should have realised why you wouldn't want to. As Calley said, it must have been a strain on you to keep it quiet for so long. You really are not at fault here no matter how much FOH tries to turn it around onto you. It is cowardly of him to do so, after all you were the one taking the biggest risk after his behaviour before.

That sounds horrid, Lambyr! So sorry you are in so much pain, I really hope the clinic can give you something to take it away. Ear pain is awful and radiates everywhere.

Yeah, that's what's driving me mad at the moment. It's covering half of my face. It's in my teeth, my neck, my head. Like an absolute crazy person yesterday I burst in tears and started screaming at my brain to pack it in - I get there's something wrong and I'll deal with it, so just turn off the pain receptors for a few minutes. I know it's cos everything in that area shares a nerve path so if one thing goes off then everything else wants a piece of the action.

I'm about 80% sure that the cause though is in my ear rather than my gland. It feels stuffed up and the fact that if I press on my gland it doesn't really do anything, but if I put any pressure whatsoever around my ear (like wearing headphones) then the pain increases within minutes.

My new super-comfy, super-soft new pillow arrived yesterday and I haven't even been able to enjoy that. I normally sleep on the side of my face which is currently suffering and even using the pillow, as super-soft as it is, set it off again so had to sleep on the other side (can't sleep on my back... never been able to).

Anyway, sorry for charging in with the woe is me tale. I'm just really stressed. I don't deal with pain well at all... I turn into a right child about it. I know someone with fibromyalgia and they're an absolute hero as far as I'm concerned.

I've found that massaging a bit of toothpaste into my gum and teeth is helping to dull the pain there, which is something.

I can see that relationships aren't going well for others lately. I'm truly sorry calley and tea that things have gone badly for you. Wish I knew what to say to make everything better. You can help yourself to the ice cream in my freezer if you like! I can't eat it right now! :)
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • I totally agree tea, and he is clutching at straws. He is just trying to make excuses for his behaviour and frankly there aren't any. Very, very cowardly to try to throw it all onto you, he can't even own the fact he messed up again.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Clutching at straws WaS. If it was that big a problem he should have said something. Funny how it only became an issue once he was frantically scrambling round looking for an excuse.

Tea,

Just remember you did your best and you can hold your head up high.

You know you deserve better much better. You tried and tried and tried. But in the end some times you just have to cut your losses.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    You know what WaS, I think that actually annoys me more than his behaviour itself! If he would just for once hold his hands up and admit that he stuffed up, no one made him and there are no excuses - that would be some sort of miracle breakthrough. But as ever he thinks that he can come up with excuses and talk his way out of it.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ono, did you and your colleagues ever decide to buy your company?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 August 2016 at 2:44PM
    Big hugs, Lambyr. Please do get it checked out today. I had an ear infection years ago and didn't go to the doctor and now I have slight hearing loss in that ear due to scar tissue. Purely my own fault for not getting it treated. Ear pain can just make you want to throw up, I find it is one of the worse pains. Make sure you let them know how much it is hurting, they need to give you something to relieve it.

I am right with you, tea. That would be what annoys/upsets me the most in your shoes. He messes up again and again but it's always someone else's fault. At least he should have the courage to admit that he has stuffed it all up again. He sounds very frustrating to say the least.

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Right washing machine is still playing up. So will just let it limp along. Even if means I have keep turning on and off again. A pain but in the big scheme of things nothing LOL!!!

I have been thinking. Maybe I should start looking for another relationship straight away. I know that I am capable. And I did noting wrong and mainly as a distraction. I will of course be upfront saying that I am not interested in anything serious just to cover my bases.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport