Northern rock loan over £25,000

Comments

• IainHL
    IainHL Posts: 226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    As bbw500 has said, it is quite probable any settlements reached have been out of court and therefore come with a confidentiality clause.

As a solicitor pt2537 will be bound by that and cannot state more than he has.
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I appreciate you may feel that this is all very cryptic, sadly however when a case settles with a confidentiality clause in place there is very little that can be told about that case.

Our updates on our website are however entirely correct and we have had success on this topic. we simply cannot say what.
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    poggs wrote: »
    I have. thanked for my interest and will be in touch sometime.

The questions we all have are.

What were the test cases (ie is one like mine?)
    What were the outcomes (so I can dream etc)

Just a wee smiley every now and again is so frustrating!

I understand your frustration, but i cannot tell you what the results were, that is not something i can do. I can tell you that we have had some progress, we ran 5 test cases which we have achieved results on some of them, the results were sufficient indicators that there was merit in pursuing the remaining cases , again i cannot say what those results were for obvious reasons but lets just say there werent any unhappy people.

And let me ask a question in all this, what would people be expecting to recover? At the end of the day, the issues seem to be that NRAM didnt give over the refund of interest like they did to the customers whose loans were regulated? If thats what youre looking for then that is certainly achievable in my opinion.
  • Thank you - that's very helpful.
  • poggs
    poggs Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    pt2537 wrote: »
    I understand your frustration, but i cannot tell you what the results were, that is not something i can do. I can tell you that we have had some progress, we ran 5 test cases which we have achieved results on some of them, the results were sufficient indicators that there was merit in pursuing the remaining cases , again i cannot say what those results were for obvious reasons but lets just say there werent any unhappy people.

And let me ask a question in all this, what would people be expecting to recover? At the end of the day, the issues seem to be that NRAM didnt give over the refund of interest like they did to the customers whose loans were regulated? If thats what youre looking for then that is certainly achievable in my opinion.

Refund of interest would be fantastic. Way beyond my hopes and dreams :-)

Really hope you take my case forward soonish.

THanks for these updates. You have clarified where you can and its much appreciated.
  • poggs wrote: »
    Refund of interest would be fantastic. Way beyond my hopes and dreams :-)

Really hope you take my case forward soonish.

THanks for these updates. You have clarified where you can and its much appreciated.

Refund of interest & compound interest on top at potentially 8% a year (what PPI claims paid out) would be a considerable amount of money!!! Calculator here - http://www.egalegal.com/compoundWindow.html
  • tillboy
    tillboy Posts: 268 Forumite
    Hypothetically speaking ;-) What would be the situation if the together loan ended up being settled / written off as part of an insolvency?

I think I know the answer, and yes I know it takes the P, however, nothing ventured...
  • tillboy wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking ;-) What would be the situation if the together loan ended up being settled / written off as part of an insolvency?

I think I know the answer, and yes I know it takes the P, however, nothing ventured...

On a £30k loan (over approx 8 years) if interest & compound interest (8%) was to be paid back that would just about clear the entire remaining loan balance
  • IainHL
    On a £30k loan (over approx 8 years) if interest & compound interest (8%) was to be paid back that would just about clear the entire remaining loan balance
    Not that I want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but my recollection is that redress of interest was for a period of a little over 2 years while the statements were non-compliant with the new regulations.

I would have to dig back in the old threads to remind myself.
  • IainHL
    From this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4339593 it would seem to be the period from October 2008 till December 2012, so a little over 4 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure