£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Comments

• Week 5: Day 5

Right, slightly back on it today. I'm not going to set my ambitions overly high for the next couple of weeks, but the important thing is to keep on track with spending and saving, so that we don't get out of this mini crisis and discover that we're more in debt than we were before.

To do today:
    1. put a laundry on and get it out on the line this morning.
    2. I was going to say NSD, but I need to order new moisturiser, so I'll aim to spend nothing except buying that. Pleasing to have the money ready and waiting in my personal kitty for this.
    3. check valued opinions for surveys.
    4. get some housework done while the older children are at school so we all have time to sit down and do some colouring or a game this afternoon - I've been so distracted all week that I've hardly spent any time actually present in the moment with them.
    5. try to get ahead on work this morning while child 3 is at preschool for three whole hours so I've got less to do this evening.
    6. Don't comfort eat - instead aim for plenty of veg and a good walk to keep my head clear.

To do this week:
    1. List old unloved handbag on eb@y.
    2. Order birthday presents for child 2 and child 3.
    3. Order any party supplies needed.
    4. Make more candles when oils arrive.
    5. Finish current socks and start knitting a new pair for my dad's birthday.
    6. Pay preschool bill (there should only be one more, smallish, bill after this one, then free hours kick in. Hurrah!).
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning ToP, sounds like you are trying to be kind to yourself so well done for that. At moments like this we can only do what we can do and not increasing the debt seems a good enough aim to me! I am weirdly curious as to what moisturiser? I think its probably because mine is a little expensive so I see it as a treat for myself. I am also wondering if I need something a little more hardcore on my forehead/around my eyes recently - damn facial expressions! Share if you don't mind, don't if you do! :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • angelpye wrote: »
    Morning ToP, sounds like you are trying to be kind to yourself so well done for that. At moments like this we can only do what we can do and not increasing the debt seems a good enough aim to me! I am weirdly curious as to what moisturiser? I think its probably because mine is a little expensive so I see it as a treat for myself. I am also wondering if I need something a little more hardcore on my forehead/around my eyes recently - damn facial expressions! Share if you don't mind, don't if you do! :D
    Funny you should say that, I'm actually about to try a new moisturiser! I've always bought expensive ones and am a total skincare addict, but I've been really impressed with a few products from The Ordinary range, so I'm trying the moisturiser. https://www.victoriahealth.com/product/Natural-Moisturizing-Factors-HA/12239/brand/The-Ordinary/1053
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Macey1510
    Macey1510 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Hi Tops, I hope you have a good day...thinking of you.
  • Macey1510 wrote: »
    Hi Tops, I hope you have a good day...thinking of you.
    Thanks Macey. It's lovely to have people check in on my little corner of the internet. :)
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Funny you should say that, I'm actually about to try a new moisturiser! I've always bought expensive ones and am a total skincare addict, but I've been really impressed with a few products from The Ordinary range, so I'm trying the moisturiser. https://www.victoriahealth.com/product/Natural-Moisturizing-Factors-HA/12239/brand/The-Ordinary/1053

Love that their stuff is vegan! Nervous I would react to it as use very simple products due to numerous reactions previously. I really want a regime for the beginnings of wrinkles though - before its too late! :rotfl:

Thanks for the share and hope your day went well :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • Hi Tops, I've been following your post and you've inspired me to finally get a grip of my debts :/ You are doing so well! So I've just got an account and commented for the first time on here. I was just wondering which snowballing tool/site that you used as on the one I was looking I can't see the debt free date facility, because I noticed you say you made an overpayment and it reduced your DFD by a couple of months, which must be motivating!
    Thank you!
    Ps. Sorry to hear about your appointment, fingers crossed it's nothing serious x
  • angelpye wrote: »
    Love that their stuff is vegan! Nervous I would react to it as use very simple products due to numerous reactions previously. I really want a regime for the beginnings of wrinkles though - before its too late! :rotfl:

Thanks for the share and hope your day went well :D
    They sound very technical, but actually they're no different to what's out there, but very cheap. The other good thing about most of their products is that they are single-active-ingredient ones, so actually less chance of a reaction - I've got quite sensitive skin and haven't struggled so far with them. Have been trying to find the 'right' moisturiser for years though, and have spent a small fortune in the process, so will be interested to see how this measures up.
  • Loulou4321 wrote: »
    Hi Tops, I've been following your post and you've inspired me to finally get a grip of my debts :/ You are doing so well! So I've just got an account and commented for the first time on here. I was just wondering which snowballing tool/site that you used as on the one I was looking I can't see the debt free date facility, because I noticed you say you made an overpayment and it reduced your DFD by a couple of months, which must be motivating!
    Thank you!
    Ps. Sorry to hear about your appointment, fingers crossed it's nothing serious x
    Hurrah, well done on taking the first step! I use the snowballing tool on https://www.stoozing.com. I saved the snowball the first time i uploaded my figures, and each time I make a payment I redo it to see whether the DFD has moved forward another month. There may be a more clever tool out there, but the slow way is working for me :cool:
  • Moderately productive day, not as much of a washout as the previous two were, at least.

To do today:
    1. put a laundry on and get it out on the line this morning. Done.
    2. I was going to say NSD, but I need to order new moisturiser, so I'll aim to spend nothing except buying that. Pleasing to have the money ready and waiting in my personal kitty for this. Ordered moisturiser, didn't spend anything else.
    3. check valued opinions for surveys. Not done, no time.
    4. get some housework done while the older children are at school so we all have time to sit down and do some colouring or a game this afternoon - I've been so distracted all week that I've hardly spent any time actually present in the moment with them. Done, was nice to focus on them a little bit after school.
    5. try to get ahead on work this morning while child 3 is at preschool for three whole hours so I've got less to do this evening. Done. Have just finished work for the evening, 45 mins ahead of schedule.
    6. Don't comfort eat - instead aim for plenty of veg and a good walk to keep my head clear. Pretty much done, apart from a small chocolate bar incident. Definitely less bad than the last two days.

To do this week:
    1. List old unloved handbag on eb@y.
    2. Order birthday presents for child 2 and child 3.
    3. Order any party supplies needed.
    4. Make more candles when oils arrive.
    5. Finish current socks and start knitting a new pair for my dad's birthday.
    6. Pay preschool bill (there should only be one more, smallish, bill after this one, then free hours kick in. Hurrah!).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback