Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ZTD wrote: »
    Tape it. Before it gets any bigger. You can also touch a drop of *thin* super-glue on it, and it will get drawn into the crack by capillary action. Do both ends of the crack. Cracks spread from the ends, they don't grow from the middle.

This is very impressive - I didn't know this!
    *wedges in the back of the head *
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Joiner was here earlier to look at it & I am getting a quote.
    I could tell from his facial expressions he was slightly concerned as am i.
    I am thinking about a cash transfer from my CC into my bank account but I am a tad concerned that I cannot afford to repay it.
    Will ponder further & of course as yet I have no price.
    But certainly beyond my budget at present.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Whispers to Z.
    Same make of car as you had in The Burgh.

Any particular reason you went for that type?
    Can you imagine me getting in and out of the yellow one :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just hold onto the door, press the "open door" button, and it'll fling you to your feet.

"To your feet" three streets away - but you know - baby steps... :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Butti wrote: »
    This is very impressive - I didn't know this!

The ends of the crack act as "stress concentrators".

Do note that as the crack lengthens, the faster it grows, up to the point it suddenly propagates supersonically. You'll hear that if you're in the room.
    Butti wrote: »
    *wedges in the back of the head *

I hope you don't have stress concentrated at the back of your head... :naughty:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Went for that as the new A1 is described as a small automatic!!
    My i.q would need to be x2 to be the same size :rotfl:
    I liked the A1 when I went for the test drive :).
    I think I am worth it :rotfl: :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    I am pondering having the one door taken out.
    it is starting to worry me.
    Unfortunatly I think that the heat in the conservetory does not help.
    Thoughts Z?

• ZTD
    Went for that as the new A1 is described as a small automatic!!
    My i.q would need to be x2 to be the same size :rotfl:

Just having looked at the crash tests of the IQ/A1/A3 - stay away from the IQ. :eek::eek::eek:

Fortunately the A1 and A3 are a lot better.
    I liked the A1 when I went for the test drive :).
    I think I am worth it :rotfl: :eek:

If the A1 had been cheaper (i.e. less new) when I was looking, I probably would have gone for one of those. I carry too much crap around in my boot...

Things to look out for in those:
    • The parcel shelf is crap. It's possible for it to jam under where it swivels and either wrench a pivot off, or pull a plastic peg out. Or both.
    • Sometimes the automatic wipers go a bit skeppy and alternate between wiping at "end of days" speed and not wiping at all for minutes at a time. Just stick it into manual.
    • The rear windows don't go all the way down.
    • The central arm rest can sometimes get itself in a state where you can't get it level. Foot on the brake and put the handbrake down, and fiddle on then.
    • You probably aren't going to go for the edition I got, but the torque steer can be bad.
    • The "locking" wheel nuts can be a bit fragile and "round off" stopping you from taking the wheel off. They're essentially this type: wheel-nuts-key.jpg

Other than that, it has been reliable - he says as his exhaust dropped off this week... :rotfl: :whistle:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    I am pondering having the one door taken out.
    it is starting to worry me.
    Unfortunatly I think that the heat in the conservetory does not help.
    Thoughts Z?

The thermal expansion/contraction doesn't usually matter when there's nothing wrong, as everything expands together, and contracts together. It's only when something expands, and something else doesn't, that problems occur.

It's most likely been that you dinged it and didn't notice, and it grew over time. Brittle materials are bad like that. That's how you can scratch/score glass and break it neatly.

I mean, can you imagine trying to do this in wood?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Z~~. I have been driving an I.q for 6 years :rotfl:
    Eek to your exhaust.

• beanielou
    Right. I really really need to think about how to pull in some extra money.
    Any ideas lovely peeps?
    So this is project new doors.
    Do need to get project graduation done and dusted first also bearing in mind my current hair fail.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback