One Call Insurance

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    No

pro rata (ish) and up to a £50 fee.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/54/insurance.htm

write a letter of complaint, if they still withhold the three months refund (less the fee) complain to the FOS.
  • I am currently sorting out my own One Call nightmare - they tried to charge me £55 to change my address! Not a policy change but actually a legal requirement. As policy only 11 days old I then tried to cancel it to then be told cooling off period did not apply because they had been upfront about these charges. I have since suggested they retrain their staff according to the law, and all charges/fines have been dropped with an apology. Threaten these with Ombudsman. I feel so strongly about this rip off company that I am escalating complaint to Office of Fair Trading and would ask that everyone else who has had an issue with these people do the same. For people that don't know their rights as far as Insurance etc goes end up being victims of bullying by companies like these. Swinton is the same by the way as they charge £25 for a change of address - absolutely criminal.
  • I hate this bunch of clowns. Never in my life have I dealt with such a bunch of money grabbing bafoons. First they sent me someone elses policy documents - some woman I had never met. When I emailed the onecall girl back the same day, I heard nothing - for 3 days. Then I started the complaint process, that was fantastic. Sent them my details, usual stuff, address, VRN, D.o.B etc, and they couldn't find me on the system! They'd taken the £300+ premium though, not a problem. Still no policy docs, or an apology for the MASSIVE data protection faux par. Then, some time after I get a letter telling me they had cancelled the policy because I hadn't sent them a copy of my No Claims. Fair one, I hadn't, but they hadn't sent me my policy docs either. I called to confirm it was cancelled, it was. Then emailed the next day to get it in writing, and guess what? It wasn't cancelled. I could go on, but typing this makes me angry. do you self a favour and AVOID this company. I'm taking it to the financial Ombudsman, through nothing more than hate alone. They will be the cheapest, but you will pay in the long run.
  • lubs
    lubs Posts: 10 Forumite
    I had changed my car to an older car (all I can afford), rang one call to change vehicle details and they informed me they dont insure cars over 10 years old. They said I will have to cancel. I did so but as it was 3 days into the 2nd month of my insurance term, I have been charged 2 months premiums @ 23.34 a month + 35% of the total premium. Ends up I'll be paying £98.00 for 1 months insurance! They have told me its not them imposing the fees but the insurance company I am insured with. If you read one calls policy booklet it is their fees! They also sent my letter to cancel the policy to someone else. Dont know who but these people now have all my personal details and when I complained was told it was a machine error and they would buy a new machine to envelope the mail. No apology or sorry that my personal details are now in someone else possession. Incedently, they sent me the personal details of someone else! I think they are a shocking company and I would never use them again. They even shut the call centre at 5.30pm. I have never heard anything so absurd in my life! I feel like they have defrauded me. I wish I had the money to take them to task. Well poor man looses and big company wins. Shame on them, but they will not catch me again.
    ps, sorry it it sounds like a rant and for grammer or spelling mistakes - just so angry and feel so helpless!
  • chrisgreen
    chrisgreen Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2011 at 3:08PM
    it appears that onecall just cant help them selfs,well they can help them selfs to your's and mY money,i think they just look at the huge charge's as a bonus,i have been with them for 7 months and given them about £180 in charge's and today letter arrives wanting another £33,so a little clio has cost a 53 year old man with over 5 years ncb about £400 to insure:mad:
    so i had( for my sanity) to cancel the policy and go insure it elsewere,
    £197 fully comp,would i ever deal with ONECALL INSURANCE AGAIN ,NEVER i would rather have my eye's pulled out through my a**ehole,than be at the mercy of this bunch of shysters.
    AVOID AT ALL COST.
  • No wonder the owner of this company can afford to buy Mansfield Town football club with his £93 million.
  • Thanks everyone for posting about the spurious fines and extras used by this company. One call sound like Ryanair, they have lowish quotes to get you in then trash any possibility of brand loyalty. I did a search on One Call prior to taking up a quote and my suspicions have been confirmed - they will be losing me as a customer from the outset.
  • I have also been fined by these people - they asked for the copy of my driving licence, said I had to return it in seven days (I sent my copy the day after I got my letter) and now they've fined me. If anyone who is thinking about one call reads this, I would say forget it. It's clear they offer low premiums so they can charge punitive fines for this kind of thing. If a company is this bad at the start of a consumer relationship, just think how awful they would be if you needed to make a claim!!!

I couldn't agree more. They did the same to me. Just wait until you have an accident, even though it's not your fault...Talk about dragging their heals and towing Lead. My insurance runs out next week and I am SO glad. I am however, still waiting for them to resolve my claim.

In my Opinion, because I don't want to upset anyone, I wouldn't grace their website again. Insurance is meant to take the strain out of owning a car, these guys just add to it.
  • If you think its bad setting up insurance with them wait until you have to claim from them!
  • marluc
    marluc Posts: 160 Forumite
    I agree. i posted on the motoring forum about One Call. My vehicle was involved in a hit and run accident October 15th, took many phonecalls and a threat to contact Head of Claims for my car to be removed - a full 10 days later and a cortesy car to be delivered. The garage telephoned me on the 26th to tell me that the car would be scrapped and they were surprised that my insurance company hadn't informed me. My Insurance with One Call expired at midnight on the 27th. They were unable to automatically "renew" my insurance as my bank details have changed. As my car was to be scrapped why would I renew my insurance? On 28th I received a recorded delivery letter from them asking me to phone renewal line as it was illegal not to have insurance. how quick they are to contact you when they waant your money, but I am still waiting for any contact from them about my car or about how much they are willing to offer me for my car.
    DO NOT INSURE YOUR VEHICLE WITH THEM. The old saying of you get what you pay for is so very true.
    In my defence, in over 30 years of driving, I have never had to "claim" even though it was a no fault claim.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback