is my offers a scam

Hi All

Is it genuine? I was bored the other week and started entering loads of competitions on their site and this morning recieved a recorded delivery to say i had won £3K but had to call a number within 7 days to claim the prize...sounds dodgy to me but wondered if you had heard anything?

Cheers
:confused:

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Don't tell me, the number starts 09.....

Get ready for a long time on hold and listening to music and/or "Your call is important to us" garbage if you call. They'll try to keep you hanging on as long as possible - at £1.50 per minute.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • SAP_Saver
    SAP_Saver Posts: 186 Forumite
    scam... scam oh and scam...!

Deepest Debt - £13,000+
    Debt Now - £0
  • Mrs_B_12
    Mrs_B_12 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Which site was it?
  • one of my friends responded to one of those things it cost £10 for the phone call,what did he get S.F.A. he said the least he could "win" was a mobile phone.
    A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
    El sabio muda el consejo, el necio no.
  • izzitme
    izzitme Posts: 410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    lucat wrote:
    Hi All

Is it genuine? I was bored the other week and started entering loads of competitions on their site and this morning recieved a recorded delivery to say i had won £3K but had to call a number within 7 days to claim the prize...sounds dodgy to me but wondered if you had heard anything?

Cheers
    :confused:

You probably received a letter from Clubseasons. They seem to be a UK based timeshare organisation.

If you ignore this letter, they will write again in a couple of weeks, enclosing a brochure & saying how "amazed" they are that you haven't taken up your "prize". This letter will ask you to ring them to discuss reallocating your prize to somebody else.

I ignored this 2nd letter too. They haven't bothered me again, yet. Problem is, I don't remember entering a competition to win a timeshare.

P.S. The phone number is 0800
    Going down the Oteley Road to see the Shrewsbury aces! :T
  • Actually, last year, my brother won 2 VIP tickets to Glastonbury Festival and all he had to do was call a mobile number to redeem them. I know this to be true cos he gave the tickets to me!
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Gazebo wrote: »
    Actually, last year, my brother won 2 VIP tickets to Glastonbury Festival and all he had to do was call a mobile number to redeem them. I know this to be true cos he gave the tickets to me!

You can't give Glastonbury Festival tickets to anyone else - they are non-transferable.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    http://www.myoffers.co.uk/ this site? I saw this last week advertised on either the mirror or sun website, signed up and completed a few questionairres but it seems a bit dodgy and the prizes they give just for entering the other competitions seem like a complete waste of time (plus you have to pay for postage)
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • cooldude255220
    cooldude255220 Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Gazebo wrote: »
    Actually, last year, my brother won 2 VIP tickets to Glastonbury Festival and all he had to do was call a mobile number to redeem them. I know this to be true cos he gave the tickets to me!
    You can't give Glastonbury Festival tickets to anyone else - they are non-transferable.
    1 Word.......
    Owned:rotfl:
  • samhuzz
    samhuzz Posts: 721 Forumite
    I entered loads with them too, all I ever got from them was a load of spam emails!
    Everyone I know wants to be a millionaire.
    Not me, I want to be a billionaire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport