Counterfeit DVD?

Hi, Have just bought Big Bang Theory season 10 from eBay, sols as new/sealed, UK seller delivered within 3 days.
Tag line on reverse of case is "The geers really haue inherited the Earth". I assume this should be "Geeks & Have". Have emailed Warner Bros along with scan of case. Depending on their opinion what would be my best course of action? I know I can get refunded via eBay, but seller shouldn't get away with this, he still has 7 for sale.

Comments

• gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    z1a wrote: »
    Hi, Have just bought Big Bang Theory season 10 from eBay, sols as new/sealed, UK seller delivered within 3 days.
    Tag line on reverse of case is "The geers really haue inherited the Earth". I assume this should be "Geeks & Have". Have emailed Warner Bros along with scan of case. Depending on their opinion what would be my best course of action? I know I can get refunded via eBay, but seller shouldn't get away with this, he still has 7 for sale.

well considering it hasn't been released yet.......what do you think and fakes dvds are easy to spot
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    gardner1 wrote: »
    well considering it hasn't been released yet.......what do you think and fakes dvds are easy to spot

Thanks, didn't know it hadn't been released yet.
  • gardner1
    Thanks, didn't know it hadn't been released yet.
    so you want to buy latest dvd and first place you look is Ebay.......sorry I don't believe you
  • z1a
    so you want to buy latest dvd and first place you look is Ebay.......sorry I don't believe you

Believe what you want, wasn't even aware what seasons they're up to.
  • gardner1
    Believe what you want, wasn't even aware what seasons they're up to.
    Ok you want to buy any dvd and the first place you look is Ebay......sorry I don't believe you
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Who buys dvd's? Join the 21st century and get downloading!
  • z1a
    Ok you want to buy any dvd and the first place you look is Ebay......sorry I don't believe you

FYI, I was on eBay buying something else originally, and whilst I was on, looked for it, not that I need to explain myself to an idiot.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    depends what you want.

I sell a classic DVD of a film that the master copy has been destroyed, so wont be available ever on DVD or seen on TV again.
    Ebay have an official letter allowing me to sell this film. I dare say there will be a lot more films etc. that are on ebay in the same situation.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary

You have two courses of action if you want. The refund and the further action. They are separate.

Which do you want first/most?
  • z1a
    You have two courses of action if you want. The refund and the further action. They are separate.

Which do you want first/most?

Both, not doing anything 'til WB reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family