IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Owner left site - UKPC and Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

Comments

• i really wish you would post on pepipoo, as i would like to see a proper discussion about this from both sides.
    they have real solicitors on there and it would help everyone understand things better.
    i think this would be invaluable to people who have been issued tickets.
  • i'm not sure if there is any solicitors on here, i haven't been posting very long.
    will you be posting on pepipoo?
  • You will not will a properly defended case.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,661
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    All cases are less than 6 months old

Non are plants
    we use Tracesmart to check they are still registered at the address

Perhaps the reason we get judgements by default is that you lot advise people to 'ignore everything'. So when a genuine court document turns up they believe it is another 'scam letter' as you put it and they ignore the court papers too.
    Therefore thanks to your advise people are getting judgements.

Who are you trying to get judgments against, the driver or the registered keeper?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It is interesting to note this case dates back to 2006 when most PPC's called charges a 'fine'. It is now systematically called a 'charge' thus preventing any confusion and misunderstanding in law. Secondly all signage for our clinets clearly states the offences as directed by the BPA code of practice.

And has been stated above "Even Patrick Troy head of the BPA admitted to a commons select committee that PPC charges are utter tosh and unenforceable."

If you want to see his actual statement just go onto Pepipoo and look for the thread called "What Parliament has to say about PPCs"
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Shaun Goater You say that you often appear in court. Does this mean you are a qualified solicitor or barrister, or are you just a debt collector with no legal training?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • I thought only Perky told porkies. SG has registered with the site he hates and would not register with for all the pies in the world.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Dave_save
    Dave_save Posts: 362
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If SG is so confident, why does he feel the need to come on here? If I was being successful at these kind of scams (which he isn't), I'd just keep my head down and carry on raking in victims cash.

Or is he here because he's realising his scare tactics don't wash any more and people are now wise to his tricks?
  • pin1onu
    pin1onu Posts: 21 Forumite
    The whole issue of fines vs charges is complete BS.

People should note that the PPC's usually have insufficient rights to the property to offer parking in the first place. Then there's the breaches of the 2008 CPUT regulations. There are literally loads of problems that PPC's face. See this thread on the Consumer Action Group for some more: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html
  • Hadeon
    Hadeon Posts: 367 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2010 at 5:34PM
    I do not really wish to feed The Goat, but would appreciate straight answers to a couple of simple questions from this fine upstanding individual.

1. Is there any reason why you are not prepared to reveal the idenitities of the DCA & PPC you purport to represent?

2. Do you not think it extraordinary that there is a remarkable absence of posts on this & other forums from defendants you & your ilk have supposedly taken to County Courts where both parties have attended & where the cases have been properly defended?

Win or lose, the law of averages would suggest that a significant number of those defendants (if they indeed exist) would surely have posted details of their experiences long before now.

Makes one wonder doesn't it.

Over to you S G.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family