When you're in a "Debt hole"..Stop Digging!

1212223242527»

Comments

• Since my last post, OH now finds herself looking for another job :(. She remains positive as she was looking for a change and we both remain confident she will soon be "back in the saddle" so to speak. She has some good contingency plans in place so not all doom and gloom.

Sometimes, life is not about having to encounter problems - they'll come calling, that's for sure - but how you face up them and "bounce-backability". Despite everything, we remain able to smile and keep going :).

No real issues since last post...bar above item, lol....but need to do DMP review soon but should not impact on budget in a major way as nothing has really changed :).

Hope everyone is ok out there in MSE-land and will post again soon.
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

• My dearest OH bought me a "new-to-me" Samsung phone recently as a surprise birthday present - she traded my old Galaxy S in for cash too :).

Tonight, I downloaded YNAB for Android app for free as already have software on my laptop. The phone now syncs with laptop YNAB via Dropbox , so everything stays up-to-date :T. New phone also ok with a couple of banking apps which now no longer worked on my old phone :).

This will give me the means to accurately keep track of all spending and keep to my budget :D
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Well, it has been just over four months since my last post, due major changes. OH decided she wanted to go back to her native North East and she ..erm..went! Don't worry we are still a couple but long term plan is for me to relocate there too so she is the "advance party / pioneer team" so to speak.

It has and remains difficult , both financially and emotionally, but means we'll both have a better life than in the North West, where she was very unhappy.

The DMP is still bobbling along but each month is still "challenging" :) .I got out of the habit of posting on here due to there being so much going on but now things are less manic, real progress can be made in a measured and thought-out manner on all fronts- finances , job and house.

Keep Battling, bye for now MSE'ers !!!!
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Good to hear from you Chris and how exciting moving to another part of the country;)

If it gives you a better life then that is what matters, my plan is to move abroad once my DMP is done with and to live in the sun but I have a few more years to work (and save) before that becomes a reality.

Each month is challenging but it also one more step close to being debt-free;)

Good Luck with your new venture and keep us posted.

Take care
    Ellie x
  • Chrisblue1962
    Chrisblue1962 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This post is almost identical to a post I made on 27.09.2015 so here goes......Since my last post, OH now finds herself looking for another job :(. She remains positive as she was looking for a change and we both remain confident she will soon be "back in the saddle" so to speak. She has some good contingency plans in place so not all doom and gloom.

Sometimes, life is not about having to encounter problems - they'll come calling, that's for sure - but how you face up them and "bounce-backability". Despite everything, we remain able to smile and keep going :).

No real issues since last post...bar above item, lol....as nothing has really changed :).
    On a postive note, all defaults now gone (bar one by Virgin Media, which I'm disputing) and CCJ has gone from credit history too :T:T

Hope everyone is ok out there in MSE-land and will post again soon.
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Further to my last post, the Co-op decided to re-instate a default on my credit history :eek: - see my separate post on this matter. I have raised this with them by phone and lodged a formal written complaint too. They admitted it should not have been re-instated and will arrange for it to be removed but it may take upto 30 days.

I'm quietly hoping they may provide some modest compensation too, which would be nice :D.
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Since my last post, the Co-op have removed the default...and then put it back on again!! They've paid me another £50.00 so not all bad. Also, after a written complaint, a long wait of four months and then three long but constructive phone conversations, Virgin Media have also agreed to remove the default they placed on my record in January 2016.

Thus, in about a month's time I will have NO DEFAULTS on my credit history for about the first time in about eight years!! Real progress at last.
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

• Well, I have just checked my credit profile, as per MSE Credit Club and for the first time in approximately seven and a half years I HAVE NO DEFAULTS ON MY CREDIT RECORD :D:D:D:T:T:T
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport