RBS - Complaint not upheld but Plevin payment offered, what next?

Afternoon all

Long time lurker, first time poster in need of some assistance.

I made a claim on my Nat West Credit Card on the basis that I felt the PPI had been mis-sold; I did not recall being told there was a cooling period, it had been implied that ot would help with my application and that it was not required as I would have been able to make payments on the card.

I have had a reply stating that while RBS have made "several" attempts to contact me (They haven't!) my complaint has not been upheld but they are making an offer of £753 under Plevin.

I don't want to accept a lesser amount on the basis that I feel the PPI was mis-sold but don't know what to do next and would appreciate come advice.

Thank you

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I don't want to accept a lesser amount on the basis that I feel the PPI was mis-sold but don't know what to do next and would appreciate come advice.

You can refer your complaint to the FOS if you disagree with their response. However, just because you didn't succeed does not mean their response is wrong. The uphold rate at the FOS on PPI is now falling. So, you need to look at their reasons for rejection and if you have evidence to show that they are wrong, then supply it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure