Overhead power line compensation.

Options

Comments

• lmc4820
    lmc4820 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    MOBILEJO

I tried to contact Powerline Advisory Group but their website says they aren't taking any new LV or HV claims, could you recommend another reliable company to begin a claim. I have received a letter from Thomas Broadbent but they take 20% plus VAT.

I have a large wooden post inside our back garden and another at the bottom of the front garden.
  • bex88
    bex88 Posts: 640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just today my mum received a letter from Thompson Broadbent stating that she would be entitled to claim for a low voltage wooden pole line (that runs diagonally across the property).

She was very confused by the letter, she'd never heard of such a thing so I said I'd try and do some research.

It's all a bit beyond me but the replies on this thread have made it somewhat clearer.

I have gathered that the LV claims are not really worth much at all? Would it be worth doing anything, especially as it says in the letter they take 20% + VAT!? :eek:

We live in a village in Cambridgeshire and our electricity Distribution Network Operator is 'UK Power Networks' and provider is Scottish & Southern Energy PLC.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • tylerdurdenk
    Options
    44polo wrote: »
    Simply contact your DNO which will be the likes of SSE, WPD, UKPN for example (dependant where you live and which network you fall under). Say you wish to submit an injurious affection claim and they are obliged to tell you who and where to send your claim to. Simple as that - unless you want to give an agent 20%. Agents can typically take between £1,000 and £10,000 for a land registry search and phone call so it is worth spending half an hour and doing it yourself as it is not difficult.

I've sent you a private message regarding this. Hope you don't mind.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've sent you a private message regarding this.
    Poster "44polo" last logged into the site back in April, so I wouldn't be too hopeful of a response.

I recommend you keep the discussion to the open forum..
  • sweet_charriot
    Options
    I have since been paid out quite happy with my payment.
  • Allie555
    Options
    If you haven't made any moves yet, you can appoint an agent to act on your behalf who will do all the work for you and doesn't charge a commission - best of both worlds I think as you get their expertise but keep 100% compo. They charge their services to the leccy companies - I'm seeing alot of these come through my place now and to their credit, they're moving them through the system damn quickly.[/QUOTE]

We got a visit today out of the blue by someone from PCC. This is the first we knew about the compensation available. We haven't signed anything yet, so how do we get an agent to do it for free for us? Does that include solicitors fees as well?
  • pinklady21
    Options
    I also received a letter from a company offering to assist me with a Wayleave compensation payment. Did some googling and found this link:http://www.energynetworks.org/info/faqs/who-is-my-wayleaves-contact.html
    I have contacted the energy network provider for my area of Scotland who confirmed that I am entitled to a compensation payment, and will send me the appropriate claim form. It seems that in Scotland there is a set scale of what you might receive depending on what crosses the land and what sort of land it is - arable, grazing, hill farm etc etc.
    Not sure how much I might be eligible for, but nice to know I can claim for it! I wonder if they will consider backdating to when I bought the property 6 years ago.
    Has anyone else had success with a request to backdate?
  • sweet_charriot
    Options
    I have been paid out using a company but let me just say they did very little and I did all the chasing for any updates and provided all the photographic evidence.
  • MC123
    MC123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi there, not sure if this is the right forum as we are looking to move an electricity pole in our garden rather than claiming compensation. We contacted our electricity operator who has quoted several thousand pounds to do this.

We are looking for a solicitor/ company that might be able to take this on for us as we really don't know our full rights. There is no easement in place, only a wayleave with the previous property owners.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor that might be able to help ? We are in Oxfordshire.

Many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 June 2018 at 11:28PM
    Options
    MC123 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a solicitor that might be able to help ?
    Since any such recommendation would simply be advertising, the answer is no.

I'd also beware of responding to any unsolicited private messages you may have received as a result of your request here on the forum.

You could approach a local solicitor of your own choosing, but I doubt you'd get far because you'd be fighting an uphill battle trying to get the lines removed with the statutory powers the utility companies have.

I'm certain any solicitor will therefore advise against submitting a compensation claim..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback