NICS Executive Officer II (EOII) Recruitment Competition 2016

Comments

• damianmcr
    damianmcr Posts: 157 Forumite
    sportsarb wrote: »
    ESA, PIP or mitigation?
    Haven't heard about EO2 agency staff starting in PIP or Mitigation. 16 agency AO's the past 3 weeks though.
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    damianmcr wrote: »
    Haven't heard about EO2 agency staff starting in PIP or Mitigation. 16 agency AO's the past 3 weeks though.

Doesn't take any particular talents to be a line manager. I could see temporary workers being brought in at EOII level for those jobs. Decision Making etc. I wouldn't expect to be hired as temps.

I can't see what used to be DSD core getting priority so not many places left other than the benefits part. Of that most local offices are in better positions than the new benefits and ESA. Seeing as the new benefits took most of the 'knowledgeable' staff I'd imagine ESA gets most of the new blood. I doubt it matters who fills those seats any more.

16 agency AO's?

I think I just have to laugh at this stage.
  • damianmcr
    Line managers arent really needed in PIP anyway. Theres 12 AO's in each team and before Christmas I reckon there will be 5 teams in total and theres already 3 EO2's there with another starting on Monday. The large large majority of EO2's in PIP are Decision Makers/Case Managers. More EO2's than AO's there nearly.
  • Bober88
    Bober88 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Line managers arent really needed in PIP anyway. Theres 12 AO's in each team and before Christmas I reckon there will be 5 teams in total and theres already 3 EO2's there with another starting on Monday. The large large majority of EO2's in PIP are Decision Makers/Case Managers. More EO2's than AO's there nearly.

What do you think are the chances of these fixed terms positions being extended, or are they just plugging a hole?
  • damianmcr
    Ah I dont have a clue. Way above me. PIP management were struggling to get AO's for the training courses as other offices wouldn't release them. The local processing centres have work falling off the desks due to losing staff to PIP and no one from the other regions will want to come to Belfast.
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ah I dont have a clue. Way above me. PIP management were struggling to get AO's for the training courses as other offices wouldn't release them. The local processing centres have work falling off the desks due to losing staff to PIP and no one from the other regions will want to come to Belfast.

Work has been falling off the desk in some offices since before PIP became a factor. I'm puzzled by the thought process managers have to be honest.

They manage to never learn from past mistakes.

Management: We've decided to do this, we think it makes sense.

Plebs: No, that's stupid, it won't work for these reasons. Please trust us, we've been here much longer than you.

Management: We've consulted with colleagues in other offices and this is the way they do it. We're told that it improved services to the public immensely.

Plebs: You've talked to management in other offices, they're as clueless as you are, even if you talked to plebs in that office they have been selected by management because they'll say what they are 'supposed to'.

Some months pass.....

Management: Well, no one could have seen this coming, we'll implement a recovery plan.

Plebs: For the love of good f..............
  • damianmcr
    I take that back. Four casual EO2's in PIP this morning.
  • Turns out 10 started
  • Bober88
    Bober88 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Got my months notice today :) I was delighted but then I told my manager as I wanted to give my notice and she told me to think about it for a couple of days as she doesn't think it's a good idea to leave a permanent job. So have to think now whether to go with my gut or stay in a dead end job that pays the bills
  • There will be an internal EO2 trawl this year so take it into account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure