Coffee, Cake, Yarn - New Start

Options

Comments

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is like free food - and they seem to add up so quickly. Up to £25 since just before the start of the month. Really happy with that as my first target is to overdo what I had for Christmas/New Year last year by £50, and then to save up for a special bottle for BIL's 50th
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    It's been a godsend for my little top ups! I really can't thank you enough :D And it's made me look at product price really carefully, for instance.... Aldi and Mr S cost the same for pasta, bananas are cheaper in Mr S, broccoli is the same, and this week Mr S had cheaper ham! Luckily they are next to each other so I can do both in one trip. I'm not planning on topping up at all now for the weekend, and it's 14 (almost 13) days until my next budget cycle so hoping to have about £10 worth saved by the end of the week, and that will be a decent dent in next weeks food shopping.
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Morning morning!

Boring night last night, soup for dinner and a very early night, I've caught a cold, boo! It was inevitable though, there's so much in my office at the moment it would have been super human of me to miss it. So gym is pause until I'm feeling less blocked up, lots of early nights for me. £20 spend on petrol this morning.
    Groundhog day, YS pork again for dinner tonight.

Week off plans have started being made, so job today is research some cheapo tickets for some touristy things we want to do. Hoping to find some 2-4-1 deals. I can't wait I'm very excited for some time off.

£5.00 cash out yesterday, waiting for it to come through before I add to pots and MBNA. These little chips are making a difference, my minimum payment has just gone down on MBNA. Not planning on paying less but it's finally a little difference that I can actually see. Yay.

Happy Tuesday all xx
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hey coffee!

sorry to hear about the cold , there is so much about like you say , several of my family members are suffering too

good that you are seeing some results from chipping away , every little thing helps and gets you nearer to being debt free!
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Yeah for cash out and as you say every little helps.

Sorry to hear about the cold, I hope it doesn't keep you from making your week off plans!
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Thanks you two :) It's nothing horrific and I'm working through it, just feeling a bit grot bags! Found a ton of two for one vouchers for the tourist day so that's saved some pennies. We are doing some sort of surprise activity on the second day which apparently is active and should be around £15, I have no idea what. There's been talk of visiting a trampoline park, which I really want to do! But adults? I mean isn't it just for littles? Possibly a few other bits like chips on the beach, weather permitting, a country pub lunch, cinema, duvet day. I can't wait, it'll be like a little staycation, and frankly I think is deserved after the blinking awful time I had last year. Once again I'm thinking it could have been a lot worse, old me would have just said 'lets go somewhere hot for a week', and got the credit card out. Got some pennies saved for it already, will keep chipping away at the fun pot and just accept that I'm taking a little bit of a slow journey for the next few months.

Having said that, it's really, really, really nice to have some stuff to look forwards to.

Finally got through to the pension people to pause my contributions for the short term. I'm not sure if it's sensible, but my idea is that I pause for two years whilst I'm sorting myself out, then can re-start future planning once I'm on more of an even ground.

Weirdly, I'm almost in a panic about not having a proper emergency fund right now. I've been playing about with figures (it's all I seem to do at the moment) and have worked out a plan for my money in March. As of March payday, I will have approx. £150 more a month, which is great because it means I can start making bigger overpayments on my cards. But I don't know if I've gone overkill with my budgets, I'm going to put money aside for allsorts, like new glasses and prescriptions and hair and stuff. But then in my head I'm thinking these are all things that I have to spend money on, so it's sensible to put the cash away for these, and not reaching for the credit card if I need to go to the dentist, even if it means paying a little less on the debt each month. Anyway, I'm rambling, but thoughts on the subject are welcome.

I really am in groundhog day hell, waiting for payday, wishing my life away. I can't wait for the end of the month. I've got lots to be thankful for though, it's almost the end of the month, I still have some pennies left in the bank, I'm still chipping away at the debt, I've got food indoors and I haven't reached for the CC once this month, I'm 90% confident I won't need to. I'm just feeling a little impatient today that I haven't seen the number drop more already, and I know that won't change until March.

Nothing on the to do list today, try and focus at work because it's boring the life out of me at the moment, YS pork for dinner, and hopefully that early night I should have had last night.

Happy Wednesday all xx
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you do Tilly Tidies? Rounding off the odd pence in your bank account(s) to make a payment to one of your cards?
    Or Payment a day - where you make a real or virtual payment to one of your cards every day, could be you take all the change out of your purse under 10p and put it in a pig/jamjar/old bean tin and then pay it off your card either weekly or monthly.
    This way you'd see things come down even by a tiny bit every day/week.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Hey Joey, hope you're well! I do, kind of, do the tilly tidies, but only when I spend. And that's not very often at the moment! For instance this week I have spent a round £20 on petrol only, with no further spends planned until Friday, and last week I spent a round £19, so no odd pennies to tidy up. I rarely have cash, I tend to do everything on card (and I mean everything!) so that I have a paper trail of it all. I do have a change pot with some silver in which I dip into for charity days at work.

It's moving, ever so slightly, because I suppose my version of those things is the cash outs I'm getting from the surveys. I cash out QMEE every day and try to make a £1 payment at least to the CC. I know it's moving, it's just not moving quickly enough for my liking haha. It'll be better on payday where I can see a nice big lump come off of my final total, even though it won't be a significant dent in the MBNA figure. I think I'm just being impatient today, but, as always, fantastic suggestions! I love the payment a day idea but just don't have the spare money in the budget at the moment, I've got £60 left for the month cycle, £20 on petrol, £30 (ish) on the meal, and £10 for food next week, I like round numbers :) But after the meal I will be able to do a tilly tidy! I just need to keep reminding myself I'm doing everything I can and I didn't spend it overnight, I won't pay it back overnight. xx
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Also, I've got £5 in nectar points saved for my food shop next week already. I know I keep saying it but, IT'S SO AMAZING!
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Morning morning! That wind....

Once again I'm checking in with nothing exciting to report. NSD yesterday taking the total to 11 this month. Only had to do 2 car days at work this week as out on the train tomorrow so still have lots of petrol to roll over to next week, might be able to just get away with £10 rather than £20 to see me through to month end.

Must must must go to savers today, been putting it off for days but I need razors, and I can't put it off any longer.

Should have a wee little cash out of about £5 today so can make a diddy chip in the debt again. Curry from the freezer for dinner tonight, yum.

Happy Thursday all, payday next week! YAY! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family