Aldermore 95% LTV Mortgage

Dylan1102
Dylan1102 Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 4 May 2015 at 5:56AM in Mortgages & endowments
:T Aldermore gave us the mortgage without paying the credit cards back! Had the mortgage offer in the post on Saturday! Soooooo happy!!

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have about as much as a clue as to whether you have been accepted as your broker apparently did when he/she put the case through Aldermore.

Like him or her, I have not yet seen your pay slips, bank statements, P60, or proof of deposit.

Please tell me your broker at least checked your credit file before DIP?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have you posted exactly the same post previously as a different member name?

You are acceptable criteria wise (from what you have said) and these are questions only your broker can answer.

Aldermore are a decent lender who manually assess your current situation.

95% and defaults remaining unsatisfied will be taken into consideration in view with your entire case.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • audigex
    audigex Posts: 557 Forumite
    As above we can't know anything without being that company, having access to their policies and the more specific details of your case: but it doesn't sound like this is an automatic dealbreaker: the default is obviously a warning flag to them but if it's been clearly well under control for 3 years it sounds like you should be okay as it's manually processed and sounds like there's some discretion built into the process.

Let us know how you get on, though.
    "You did not pull yourself up by your bootstraps. You were lucky enough to come of age at a time when housing was cheap, welfare was generous, and inflation was high enough to wipe out any debts you acquired. I’m pleased for you, but please stop being so unbearably smug about it."
  • Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to give your comments I appreciate them.

I am not sure whether my broker checked my credit report first or not to be honest but he was aware of the situation and my defaults from the very beginning and was confident he could get us a mortgage.

We had a call today to say the Valuation has taken place and all is OK (we were not even told this had been booked let alone taken place!!) and that the lender now want my credit cards paid off (totalling £4000) before they give us the mortgage offer!!
    Good news about the valuation..... not so good about having to pay the cards off. Not quite sure how we are going to get round this one. :-(
  • Jon_B_2
    Jon_B_2 Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Post
    Makes perfect sense in my eyes. You have a history of default, are only stumping up £10k in a deposit, which lets face it with cc debt of £4k means your deposit is only worth £6k.

You clearly haven't got a handle on your finances, you need the debt free wannabe board.
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You need to have a word with your broker. Paying off credit cards at this point should not be a shock to you.

Getting the valuation completed and returned should not be a shock either.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Akk223
    Akk223 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Hi

surprised to read that they have asked for you to pay the £3k money before they will lend. I used them directly and was in the same situation and was not asked to payback. Maybe worth discussing with them directly to see if they will reconsider especially as you are paying monthly.

Regards
  • jo6526_2
    jo6526_2 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Dylan1102 wrote: »
    :T Aldermore gave us the mortgage without paying the credit cards back! Had the mortgage offer in the post on Saturday! Soooooo happy!!

Excellent news!!!::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport