Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Enjoy your day out tomorrow:)
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Rhubarb and elderflower sounds a gorgeous combo :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 13 June 2015 at 8:19AM
    Just popping in to say:wave:. Have been doing some casual work for the past few days, although so much graft in a short period of time is anything but 'casual' IMO:rotfl:. The money won't be anything to write home about either but every little definitely helps in my dire financial state:o

Have had a quick zoom through the posts made since my last visit and will be back later to read them properly. What a wonderful eclectic mix of topics! Rhubarb and elderflower, gardening,CBT, blogs, financial dealings, Egyptology and so on...... I really love this thread,Karmacat, you attract some of the most interesting people on MSE:T

As for rhubarb and elderflowers, I wish you lived near me KC, as I could keep you supplied forever. I'm ashamed to say we have loads of rhubarb in our garden but never eat it (can't stand the stuff:() but find plenty of grateful recipients for it(usually winemakers). As for elderflowers, I can see an elderberry bush(more of a tree) from the window at the moment, it's almost as tall as the house and absolutely laden with flowers. I'm ashamed to say I have never done anything with them in my life:o but the birds love the berries:j.

Do you do anything with rowan berries at all? We have about 10 rowans in our garden (it's very big) and some of them are taller than the house. We planted 2 as twiglets in the 1970s and the rest have self-seeded all over the place. We love them for the wonderful white flowers (they are heavily laden just now and a sight to behold) but especially for the wonderful berries which the birds go mad over. We are often having to redirect 'lost' couriers searching for a property called Rowan Lodge. They think it must be us with so many rowans about, but it isn't! The real Rowan Lodge is about a mile away and from what I can see has one rowan in the front garden:rotfl:
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What is your blg about, KC?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just popping in to say:wave:. Have been doing some casual work for the past few days, although so much graft in a short period of time is anything but 'casual' IMO:rotfl:. The money won't be anything to write home about either but every little definitely helps in my dire financial state:o
    Hiya! :wave::wave::wave: As you don't have your own diary, I was about to search through *mine* to find you, to see if you'd been posting elsewhere, that you were okay! Glad to see you again :kisses3:
    Have had a quick zoom through the posts made since my last visit and will be back later to read them properly. What a wonderful eclectic mix of topics! Rhubarb and elderflower, gardening,CBT, blogs, financial dealings, Egyptology and so on...... I really love this thread,Karmacat, you attract some of the most interesting people on MSE:T
    :o There are lovely peeps on here, aren't there :) As for the topics, I chatter on about whatever's going on, as so often there's a financial implication (this is mse, after all!).
    As for rhubarb and elderflowers, I wish you lived near me KC, as I could keep you supplied forever. I'm ashamed to say we have loads of rhubarb in our garden but never eat it (can't stand the stuff:() but find plenty of grateful recipients for it(usually winemakers). As for elderflowers, I can see an elderberry bush(more of a tree) from the window at the moment, it's almost as tall as the house and absolutely laden with flowers. I'm ashamed to say I have never done anything with them in my life:o but the birds love the berries:j.
    Well, thats important too! The insects will love the flowers, and they provide food for other birds, and they give us pleasure with their bird song. I've only used elderflowers once before, in pancakes, so I'm not exactly coming early to the party :D
    Do you do anything with rowan berries at all? We have about 10 rowans in our garden (it's very big) and some of them are taller than the house. We planted 2 as twiglets in the 1970s and the rest have self-seeded all over the place. We love them for the wonderful white flowers (they are heavily laden just now and a sight to behold) but especially for the wonderful berries which the birds go mad over. We are often having to redirect 'lost' couriers searching for a property called Rowan Lodge. They think it must be us with so many rowans about, but it isn't! The real Rowan Lodge is about a mile away and from what I can see has one rowan in the front garden:rotfl:
    That sounds great! I haven't done anything with rowans, not yet, but there's all sorts of recipes out there for rowan jelly - and I've decided I like savoury fruit jellies a great deal, after the quince I made last year :) so I *will* do it this year. More mse, more self-realisation :) so its win-win-win!
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    What is your blg about, KC?
    Its a minority taste, to be sure - its about preparedness, which is very mse, but is too often in a ghetto of "this is how I camped out in the woods using only my tarp and a bic firelighter". I think there's lots of practical, useful stuff to know. I'll pm you the linkie, I'd love it if you'd check it out.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Back again :)

I had a brilliant day yesterday in London at the Egyptian Exhibition :) X-rays and scanning mean that mummies are much more accessible :) Neither of us wanted to do anything afterwards (after the cup of tea, anyway :) ) so I was home quite early, and didn't do much either, making sure I did the whole energy-balancing thing.

I *did* find out I sold a hard-backed book I originally bought in Florida for $36 (the price was £36 in sterling!), should net £15 after postage. Astonishing! I've got the parcel ready too.

Very dull and gloomy here, but no downpours like others have had - I definitely need to do some weeding, and one thing that needs to be happening in the background, once I've backed up yet again, is to work on improving the speed - it operates really slowly sometimes :(

Otherwise, I'm off out to play, just locally :)
  • Alchemilla
    Very interesting blog.

KC how did you multi quote more than three?
  • Karmacat
    Thanks Al :)

The multiquote isn't more than three - I just break up one person's post into several bits, using the html quote
    :) ...
  • Alchemilla
    The whichiwawa?
  • Karmacat
    Oh, it disappeared! Its this

at the beginning of what you want to quote, followed by

that at the end of what you want to quote. Have an experiment with one you've written on here this morning, and see the change :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport