how much does tesco pay its staff?

Comments

• tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not only that, but dodo_man also only gave an example night rate, never the basic wage as far as I can see. Being 17, hayleyco shouldn't even be working nights, so the rate she is on isn't even a straight comparison! (Admittedly I used to do nights for Sainsburys when I was 16, however I was never contracted for it, unsurprisingly).

However, we've all been there I suppose, I still haven't mastered the knack of knowing when to stop digging every time!
  • gavvy
    gavvy Posts: 73 Forumite
    Do they still pay double time for a Sunday or have they phased this out now- I worked there prob 13 years ago or more and loved working a sunday on DT
  • Just thought I'd say thanks for the thread. I don't often post, but I was really down until I read this. The 'exchange' between certain posters has made me laugh out loud tonight. For the record - I have no idea what Tesco pay their staff! :smiley:
  • darlo_fan
    darlo_fan Posts: 352 Forumite
    hayleyco wrote: »
    You should stop worrying about what others get paid as I have the facts, which you do not. You will find that adults are 18 +. Once again you should refer to a number chart to see that 22 is higher then 18. If you copy 'evening maths course' into google im sure you can find one in your area.

I'm sorry if you are so intent on pointing out issues, how come your fact is disproved by the 17 year earning £5.80 an hour in this thread?
    partygirl wrote:
    hey
    i work for tesco and am on £5.80 an hour but when i turn 18 it goes up to nearly £8 an hour
  • katy-lou
    katy-lou Posts: 487 Forumite
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • :rotfl: still very confused about how much an adult (i.e. over 18) would get paid. (too many variables) but i've found it all very entertaining! thank you! :rotfl:
  • 1derwoman wrote: »
    :rotfl: still very confused about how much an adult (i.e. over 18) would get paid. (too many variables) but i've found it all very entertaining! thank you! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    From September 2008 - Wepromiseto £133.19, Greasypalm £46.16, Quidco £10.40, Cashback Kings £74.54. Vouchers £31.00. myhpf £21.03
    Topcashback £137.54 Matchbetting £24.70 MORTGAGE FREE END OF JULY 2015 (YIPPEE!)
  • Well I work at an Extra store part time on days & the rate of pay I receive is £6.49 and I am a long way over 18
  • Hayleyco reminds me of the best signature ever somebody on this board has. Teenagers! Bored of stupid parents? Move out now - quickly, while you still know everything!

hahaha.

Come on now everyone, you all know the rules, if you write FACT on the internet it must be true.
  • lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Hehe this thread made me smile :D

Though I to have no idea how much Tesco pay its staff - I would think the best bet would be to ask at the store you would like to work at how much they pay for days/nights/bank holidays etc - or you could always assume it would be that for a 17 year old:p
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure